This Greenhouse Paneling Work for Cannabis?

Even if you don't intend on breeding a dog, that doesn't mean you have to neuter it. If you're a responsible dog owner the dog will never have the opportunity to breed anyway. A dog will live a longer, healthier life if it's left intact.

The problem with intact males IME is that other males, especially fixed males, want to dominate them.

I'm going to respectfully disagree on the fixing issue... spay and neuter your dogs. I can tell you are a great owner, but there are too damn many dogs being put down because of shitty owners.

ok i'll TRY to shut up about it. I f'n LOVE american bulldogs! Sampson, my buddy was one of the best dogs I've ever known, and seriously, I fuckin love dogs. better than most people, present company excluded.

Last edited:
I've always understood it to be the opposite. That it's intact males that are more aggressive towards other dogs. Higher levels of testosterone equates to more dominant behavior. Neutered dogs usually mellow out due to the decrease in testosterone production after being neutered.

It's a trade off. For some people neutering is the right choice. But all other things equal, intact males are healthier, more robust and more active than neutered dogs. Just my experience.

I've always understood it to be the opposite. That it's intact males that are more aggressive towards other dogs. Higher levels of testosterone equates to more dominant behavior. Neutered dogs usually mellow out due to the decrease in testosterone production after being neutered.

You'd (and i'd) think it would be from a testosterone standpoint, but in actual practice and experience no matter how the un-neutered male behaves every neutered male keys in on them. The added likelihood of any unfixed male dog running off when any bitch goes into heat has innumerable possible health/financial repercussions... that i personally have incurred in the past. :p

But again, my opinion and I can tell you are a responsible owner.

Yeah in over a decade of owning bulldogs not one of my dogs has ever escaped. That is something you just cannot afford to do with a breed like this. Could mean big trouble for the dog and the owner. I'm not interested in having my dog shot by the police or getting sued because he killed another dog in the neighborhood. Honestly I think about his safety way more than my own.

I hear ya! My critters come first in ALL aspects. When it comes to dogs fighting each other, I've seen it go both ways, depending on the dogs temperment. My problems a little different than most peoples. My dogs get so attached & possessive, they fight out of jealousy. Even my cousins dogs would fight over me. Several dogs at the kennel would do the the same. My boss told me to quit bonding with the dogs! Can't help it! I bond easily with animals, & even have a family of little Warnners wrens that will come down to the picnic table, sit on the rim of the glass & sip iced tea. My dad used to say, ' you gotta stop that! People will think you're a witch!' Well.... I can be a bitch sometimes... is that close enough! LOL!
- In the birds defence, I have to admit I'm good a mimicking their calls. I don't think they know I'm human (I sometimes wonder myself! Haha!) :)

Yeah dogs will jock for position in the presence of what they see as the Alpha. 9 out of 10 dog fights will end spontaneously usually in less than a minute, once one dog has clearly established dominance. My girlfriend use to freak out when she saw my two go at it and I just left the room. lol they'll settle it amongst themselves. It's what they do. I fight where a dog means to kill the other is actually not that common. And they even look and sound different than your typical snarly scrap. Much quieter. But any way. Never panic, and if you must separate the two dogs, start at the back legs, grab the hips and strattle the dog while you work your way up to the collar. Of course you need someone on the other dog as well. If the dog won't release, just pull the collar through its loop and put a choke on him then just patiently hold it. The dog will eventually let go to breath. Then of course loosen the collar back up. lol

Back