the soil recipe. simple version and complex version

Amendments that works pretty well with your FF

A to Z
alfalfa meal
kelp meal
rock phosphate
basalt rock dust
soybean meal

Watch your plants zoom! I swear by alfalfa, azomite and kelp, they are now the core of my amendments.

🤙mu
I get sterilized compost from the sand and soil yard by the metre2 and mix with coco about 50/50.
I use this as my base and amend with coarse river sand, worm castings, perlite and pumice.
Added to this will be alfalfa meal, guano, kelp meal, Need seed cake, composted chicken shit in pellet form and dolomite and or gypsum, also rice hulls if I remember them. Fish hydrolysate, molasses and seaweed liquid nutrients when and if required.
Bio bizz flower or canna bio flores for if and when things go pear-shaped. Hopefully not needed. Peace ✌

Last edited:
Ha, you are loaded for bear! Do you have access to karanja meal down there? I've alternated between neem oil and karanja oil foliar to trick those little Acari bastards.

🤙mu

Ha, you are loaded for bear! Do you have access to karanja meal down there? I've alternated between neem oil and karanja oil foliar to trick those little Acari bastards.

🤙mu
Haha. Hopefully I don't need to shoot anything except photos though.
I was lucky to find the neem meal mu.
Cannot source karanja except as an oil. I saw a bottle of neem and karanja oil mixed together.
I haven't had a mite problem here for a while. I get Fungus Gnats though or have had.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have an organic fertilizer based on seabird guano and other ingredients like lavameal and algae lime among others. The NPK percentage says 9-9-6. How much of this fertilizer would you mix per liter of soil? The manufacturer only indicates the application per squaremeter for outdoor vegetable gardens. Does anyone have any idea how much i should use?

Thanks and best wishes

DjG

Dj_Greenhouse said: "Does anyone have any idea how much i should use?"

Without manufacturer's info question can not be answered.

1) make Internet your friend
2) convert square meters to liters
3) do math
4) add organic fertilizer to liter of soil

or

post up manufacturer's instructions, someone here may be good at math.

Longball

Dj_Greenhouse said: "Does anyone have any idea how much i should use?"

Without manufacturer's info question can not be answered.

1) make Internet your friend
2) convert square meters to liters
3) do math
4) add organic fertilizer to liter of soil

or

post up manufacturer's instructions, someone here may be good at math.

Longball
Thanks longball,

On the box it sais:
80-100 g/m2 for tomato, cucumber and root vegetables
120 - 160 g/m2 for asparagus and brassicacea
100 - 120 g/m2 for potatoes

Which one of those would you say is nearest to our favorite plant. And what would you choose as soil depth for converting m2 to L? 0.5m? 1m?
The math is no problem, just wanted to ask the opinion of those more experienced than myself.

Peace ✌️

Hello Dj_Greenhouse!

From a science point of view none of those plants are related to our favorite plant. The closest relatives are hops and hackberry. Once when I had your predicament, I selected whatever plant had a flowering fruit and used that mix. Plants came out fine.

As far the conversion, IIRC, I had to convert m2 using 6" soil depth to m3. Then converted using l3 for the math. Got it figured out after a splitting headache. Never again.

Now I use living soil recipes and fertilizers made specifically for our favorite plant. No more headaches. There are a number of very good recipes in this thread. Hopefully someone has a better answer for you. Good Luck! :)

Longball

Hello Dj_Greenhouse!

From a science point of view none of those plants are related to our favorite plant. The closest relatives are hops and hackberry. Once when I had your predicament, I selected whatever plant had a flowering fruit and used that mix. Plants came out fine.

As far the conversion, IIRC, I had to convert m2 using 6" soil depth to m3. Then converted using l3 for the math. Got it figured out after a splitting headache. Never again.

Now I use living soil recipes and fertilizers made specifically for our favorite plant. No more headaches. There are a number of very good recipes in this thread. Hopefully someone has a better answer for you. Good Luck! :)

Longball

Then i will go by the lower end of the amount for tomato and use 6'' depth for the maths.
I will use the recipes in this thread after i used up all the products i already have.

Thanks man 👍

DjG

@Dj_Greenhouse said: "Wow what a beautiful plant longball. I love it when the sun shines through those leaves 😍😍😍 Damn what I would like to grow outdoors as well."

Thanks, DjG! :) K.I.S.S., pay attention to the plants, and the plants will pretty much grow like that on their own. They been doing it thousands of years without my help. I am simply the slave-boy who waters it, feeds it, cleans it, and shelters it. Pay attention, ask questions like you are doing and your next outdoor grow should be like that or better! :)

Longball

Back