The SilverHazed Mind.

Here are the photos of the girls from a few days ago.

SSH#5. She'll give good trim for bubble hash.
full

SSH#7 This photo doesn't do her justice. She looks even frostier in person.
full

SSH#8 First a photo of her top nug, then her nugs mid canopy.
full

full

Enjoy!
#ShantiBlessed
Diesel840

Last edited:
Serious frost on your SSH's Diesel, they look sublime!
I know, right? Thank you so much! I made almost all the beginner mistakes possible, and they are still coming out amazing.

The dry phase has been my lowest and slowest so far. The average temps been 66.2 with an average humidity of 60.6%. SSH#7 will easily dry first with her sparser bud development and foxtails. She's smelling stronger than she ever did pre-chop.

I just trimmed up the first girl. Surprisingly, SSH#8 dried before #5. The stems weren't snapping yet, but the buds felt dry.
I must say. The frost is impressive. Even the trim is caked. Even before curing, it has a wonderful aroma.

I sampled the two smallest popcorn nugs. The smoke was smooth, surprisingly so. Not much flavor immediately upon inhale/exhale. Instead, the flavor slowly settled onto my pallet. It was accompanied by a pleasant, mentholated type sensation.

Just a few hits, but I'm in a content dreamy state. A smile comfortably sits on my face as I relax and watch a new sitcom. The show is ok... but I find myself laughing effortlessly anyway. The couple puffs have me chasing random trains of thought.

Needless to say, I'm happy so far. 😁
Diesel840

Last edited:
I trimmed up the SSH#7 last night then started on #5 when I decided to try a sample of #7. Wow! I'd had a few Paulaner pilsners prior, barely buzzed. Well, at least I was before my two puffs of #7. I spent the next 3-4 hours praying to the heavens to sober up! The larfe I tried had me reeling. It amped my buzz from a 2 to a 20. Even pre-cure and straight out of the drying tent, it is powerful. Thank goodness it didn't hit me all at once like a freight train. Instead, it crept in like good Sativa's should, slowly settling in over the next 20-30 minutes. I couldn't even finish trimming #5, I had to take care of her this morning.

Speaking of #5, she smells divine! She smells like bergamot and fresh grated lime zest. It's very similar to some outdoor sativa I got in California years ago, which I loved. She is a keeper for sure! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for some spring-cleaning packs. I want to find the loudest version of this gal that I can.

Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful day. Stay high as a kite my friends.
Diesel840

I trimmed up the SSH#7 last night then started on #5 when I decided to try a sample of #7. Wow! I'd had a few Paulaner pilsners prior, barely buzzed. Well, at least I was before my two puffs of #7. I spent the next 3-4 hours praying to the heavens to sober up! The larfe I tried had me reeling. It amped my buzz from a 2 to a 20. Even pre-cure and straight out of the drying tent, it is powerful. Thank goodness it didn't hit me all at once like a freight train. Instead, it crept in like good Sativa's should, slowly settling in over the next 20-30 minutes. I couldn't even finish trimming #5, I had to take care of her this morning.

Speaking of #5, she smells divine! She smells like bergamot and fresh grated lime zest. It's very similar to some outdoor sativa I got in California years ago, which I loved. She is a keeper for sure! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for some spring-cleaning packs. I want to find the loudest version of this gal that I can.

Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful day. Stay high as a kite my friends.
Diesel840
Sounds like a proper SSH to me! :love:
🚀🚀🚀

It should become even more stronger and complex with a cure.
Thanks for sharing Diesel.

Been puffing on #13 a little the last two days, she got overdried. She is sitting at 44% RH so I figure it isn't worth waiting since she's too dry to cure. Smooth so far. She has a hint of flavor reminiscent to her bergamot scent while growing but it is very faint. She is frosted and one of my best yielders this round. Bit of a buzz in the body with a happy, in the moment feeling.

Hi all, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I burned through most of SSH#13 last night while consoling a friend. I'm down to the top nug, so I'm posting a short smoke report.

SSH#13- She was easy to grow, rooting quickly and not showing much reaction to stress during her flowering period. Her flower clusters were small, elongated spearhead shaped nugs. They aren't compact but have nice denseness. She flowered for about 9 weeks and was one of my best yielders. Selective pruning and a better light would have likely made better quality flowers lower down in the canopy, bumping up her yields even more.

She got overdried, but her flowers still continued to improve scent wise over time. She has a slight bergamot scent with a hint of skunkiness. Broken up, her scent becomes a bit more complex, perhaps the dryer softener aspect from flowering? I have had people visiting comment how the smell in my home is "softer" when they visit. Fingers are very sticky after handling and scissor hash accumulated quickly while pruning. Volume wise she is only a 1/10, but overdying may have been why. She is very frosted! I'm more than happy with her bag appeal, any sativa heads would approve. Taste is... minimal, perhaps a bit of church incense? I can't tell honestly. It isn't loud enough to comment on but is smooth even though overdried.

Effect wise, she initiates a tingling in my body with just the slightest hint of fidgetiness. If I sit and relax for a few minutes the body buzz disappears and I become relaxed and often find myself contemplating a nap. She eases stress, and makes it easier to enjoy simple tasks, though a bit of befuddlement accompanies said tasks. She doesn't cause me any anxiety while smoking. I've found though, that she isn't the best to partake if I'm already stressed about something major. Anxiety can spike up a bit until the high mellows. She is best smoked, when elevating an already pleasant mindset and moment.

Enjoy. Diesel840
full

full

Edit: the added unknown complexity after breaking up and the smoke, both flavor and smell after combusting, is the fabric softner smell she had during flower. The smell is very pleasant. So far this one has frost, yield, and a pleasantly unique aroma. She is well worth another run.

Last edited:
Here is SSH#7. She had short fox tailed flowers. Even in flower she had basically no aroma. Frost isn't anywhere near as good as #13. Her high is a bit more potent than #13 but is very bland in comparison, may have needed a cure to improve effect. She seemed to develop at the same rate the entire grow, regardless of how stressed her sisters were by my inadequate care. I'm glad I grew her. She was fun to watch.
Diesel840

full

Nice recovery Diesel 👍
Also it's nice to see some 'red beard'. Hahaha I haven't heard that name for 30 years......kinda makes me think that the 'red beard bush' that we acquired at the time was actually Super Silver Haze.
It's funny how things take you back in time with a memory ✌️
Did you find this strain to help with pain relief?

@Jammy Git Thank the kind words. I'm sure there were alot of bud going around 30 years ago that was likely SSH renamed, or related to it.

Did you find this strain to help with pain relief?
I did find that most of my SSH plants did help a bit with pain. Keep in mind, some of the relief was becuase the herb would make me so happy and content that I wouldn't neccessarily notice as much of the pain.

I hope this helps.
Diesel840

Back