the final straw

sysadmin

So down to my last MNS straw, the cure. 9/12 have germed and are up....should be another good strain as the building blocks are very similar to NSK which I do like a good bit. Aiming for finish around march 1st....gotta get on the auctions for future rounds.

Right on sysadmin! Love this plant for indoor grow! Assume you are doing ID from your past grows? Compact with baseball size, very dense buds after 10+ wks. Right up there with Angels Breath in stone IME (I grew both at the same time.)
She was an easy grow. Looking forward to seeing another fine grow from you braddah!

Aloha
M

The Cure

I had just had a run in with the cure myself. It wasn't much of one but one nonetheless.

I ordered from the tude during a great promo and got 20 free seeds total with the pack of The Cure i ordered. Put all of the seeds in same paper towel on same plate and all but two of the free seeds popped in 48 hours while only one of The Cure did upon which ended up being male. Three weeks later still in paper towel i read about scarification tried that on them and two popped 24 hours later. That was it.

Pheno 1 i found of the cure looked a lot like the one in radiators thread. I thought it was another male at first. Branched well enough but the node spacing was terrible and had more slender fingers on the leaf than the other female. This pheno ended up finishing at 9 weeks from flip had chunky frosted buds with a buzz slightly more on the indica side. Taste was nothing memorable. Definitely not a keeper

Pheno 2 is the one i put in pics that hopefully come out. It had thicker fingers, more developed branching and node spacing along with smelling like oranges all the way through veg and flower. Flower time was 13 weeks and so worth it. Taste is 50/50 oranges & mangos. High is strong, euphoric , gently uplifting and nothing short of amazing. I wouldn't advise working with heavy machinery or anything that actually needs your attention as trying to focus will be a task all on its own. I know i had went to the theater recently and after coming back from a popcorn refill i had noticed a woman next to me trying to get my attention. Thats when i seen that this woman sitting next to me wasn't my wife or even the same race as my wife and i was in the wrong seat for the last 5mins eating popcorn. Couldnt tell you anything about the movie but the popcorn was good. If adventures like this and the idea of never running out of things to watch ( im told i watch the same things over and over but if i dont remember them its still new to me right) sound great then The Cure just might be for you. I know im holding on to this for years to come.

Scary part is with how strong this plant can be it's only mythical on the marksometer for medicinal value. What would holy grail even be like?

Sorry for long response

Attachments

• 20180825_230309.pdf
    396 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20181208-222529_Gallery.pdf
    251.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20181209-010512_Gallery.pdf
    420 KB · Views: 20
Great first post Hootigh! I like the play on too high BTW. So many in the cue but you are right on, sublime smoke. Got me thinking where I might be able to slot these into 2019. Keep it coming!

Aloha
M

The cure pheno 1 (right) pheno 2 left

20190131_115019.jpg

hey man nice looking grow!!!! Can you talk more about the high?

sorry I have been so slack about cure updates, here are a few bad shots of the better females, maybe 40-45 days???

Sure. Of the two females pheno 1 was slightly on the indica side with effect and had a hash/incense kind of flavor. The effect was a generic stone that i didn't find interesting. Pheno 1 for indica effect had stiff competition though.

Pheno 2 went 13 weeks and main top could've went longer. The high is incredible. I had read many times about how kali mist could cut through the high of anything you've smoked before and never understood what that meant until this strain. Taking a good rip of this feels like a gentle wave of instantly higher washing over your body. Made me stumble a few times so far. I love it.

The first hour of the buzz is slightly energetic and very euphoric. Your ability to focus is deminished greatly. Others have told me that they smoke OGs every day and didnt know weed could get this strong. That they felt like an idiot after smoking this because they had to ask people over and over what was just told to them. I learned very quickly while you will have the energy to do things, you will mess anything up that requires your attention that first hour. It tapers off into a nice mellow buzz with no heaviness at all.

In the first hour if you must do things it is possible to force yourself to see through the buzz. But trying to escape the mindfuck will only leave you exhausted on the come down. Otherwise its a beautiful thing.

By no means am i knocking pheno 1 or saying its bad. Just last run was.
1. The Cure pheno 2 (best smoke i had in a long time)
2. Karma genetics skullcap & Thseeds LA Sage. Skullcap didnt yield for a damn but fine smoke. LA Sage equally great smoke and yielded more. Don't know if shanti and howard spoke highly of this strain as in its description on Thseeds site but damn fine plant just flavor didnt do it for me and still generic stone but a strong one
3. Holygrail OG & Chocolate mint OG. Both pretty good chocolate mint actually tasted like chocolate mint. Turns out im not that crazy over chocolate mint and neither stone as good as prev.

Last edited:
The Cure pheno 1

20190131_115750.jpg

The Cure pheno 2

20190131_115833.jpg

La Sage

20190131_115901.jpg

Current layout

20190131_125017.jpg

Hope u didn't mind Sysadmin

I def dont mind, post all the pics you want of the cure! Nice looking scrog. That #2 sounds potent, hoping I get to taste something similar. Probably another 4-5 weeks but will update the final product.

The Cure

The Cure pheno 1 week 1

20190224_145137.jpg

Pheno 2 week 1

20190224_145055.jpg

Pheno 1 right pheno 2 left

20190224_145115.jpg

Pheno 1 week 2

20190303_023824.jpg

Pheno 2 week 2

20190303_173615.jpg

Pheno 1 week 3

20190310_043031.jpg

Pheno 2 week 3

20190310_043207.jpg

Pheno 1 week 4

20190317_033052.jpg

Pheno 2 week 4

20190317_033131.jpg

Pheno 1 week 5

20190323_050300.jpg

Pheno 2 week 5

20190323_050851.jpg

Pheno 1 week 6

20190331_195140.jpg

Pheno 2 week 6

20190331_194917.jpg

Pheno 1 week 7

20190406_044723.jpg

Pheno 2 week 7

20190406_044913.jpg

Looking good man! Just cut my cures down, they went way longer than needed but did not really care...they are very resilient. Overall this strain reminds me of NSK but with more indus valley influences on weight, stickiness. #2 would be a monster yielder in right conditions.

cure #1--smallest but funky toward the afghani/nl scents, sticky with foxtailing

cure #2 is the big, big yielder, fat buds hazy scents a little gyms sock funk

Another big yielder, # 3 has mix of haze, rotten fruit, lavender

Back