Tasmania 42 degrees South. Strain recommendations?

crackfox

G'day all.

I'm fairly experienced at growing indoors, but I've been out of the hobby for quite some time, 9 years or so.
I'm looking at strains that will grow well where I live, outdoors near Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
To give you some Idea of climate here, we have a cool maritime/coastal climate where I live.
Summers can be pretty warm to hot, and the longest day of the year in December is about 20 hours including twilight.
12 hour days are here by mid march, and 9-10 hours by mid May.
Ideally I'd like something that finishes by mid to late April as the nights can get pretty cool in May, around 1 degree Celsius at times.
Not much frost here but it does happen, and starts in May, along with some heavy rain.
Summer, and Autumn are fairly dry here.
Thanks, and looking forward to your recommendations, and experience.

Early queen and early skunk come to mind both should finish by March- mid April according to the descriptions. They should start flower when the night hours go above 11hrs with 13 daylight give or take a week .

G'day all.

I'm fairly experienced at growing indoors, but I've been out of the hobby for quite some time, 9 years or so.
I'm looking at strains that will grow well where I live, outdoors near Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
To give you some Idea of climate here, we have a cool maritime/coastal climate where I live.
Summers can be pretty warm to hot, and the longest day of the year in December is about 20 hours including twilight.
Ideally I'd like something that finishes by mid to late April as the nights can get pretty cool in May, around 1 degree Celsius at times.
Not much frost here but it does happen, and starts in May, along with some heavy rain.

you smoking to much man

20 hours of light at 42° is no possible

Mer., 21 decembre5:2620:5013:0815:24:20

you have 15h24minutes and 20 seconde the 21 december where you living

you can do all the skunk and the 25%haze strain easy

you smoking to much man

20 hours of light at 42° is no possible

Mer., 21 decembre5:2620:5013:0815:24:20

you have 15h24minutes and 20 seconde the 21 december where you living

You're talking sunrise to sunset my friend, It's light before sunrise, and dark after sunset.

Thanks for the strain recommendations.

Early queen and early skunk come to mind both should finish by March- mid April according to the descriptions. They should start flower when the night hours go above 11hrs with 13 daylight give or take a week .

at your place ok but not at this latitude the skunk start between 14h30 to 14h of light or under late phenotype for the haze start blooming is a bit before 13hours of light

not only the time of light count you have also the falling of 4 minutes by day that activated the bloom

at your place ok but not at this latitude the skunk start between 14h30 to 14h of light or under late phenotype for the haze start blooming is a bit before 13hours of light

not only the time of light count you have also the falling of 4 minutes by day that activated the bloom
Yes that is true as well .

Not all the 25% haze will finish easy - Mushashi has 4 of the The Stones still going after 15 weeks, some of the other Rock'n'rollers wouldn't finish there in time either.

Not all the 25% haze will finish easy - Mushashi has 4 of the The Stones still going after 15 weeks, some of the other Rock'n'rollers wouldn't finish there in time either.

have you read the strain description of the stones ???

the rock and roll serie is a minimun 50% of haze or above

Early Skunk Haze or Early Haze might be worth trying. There are lots of options so tell us about the type of plant you like and we can help you narrow it down.

man you dont know the mister nice strain the early haze is to later finish

a 25% haze strain you have ASH or Angel Heart, critical haze ect

Early Skunk Haze or Early Haze might be worth trying. There are lots of options so tell us about the type of plant you like and we can help you narrow it down.
Thanks Mate, I've grown Shark Shock, NL5x Haze, and Spice from Mrnice. I liked them all. I prefer spicy aroma over fruity, and like a happy buzz, not too dumb. I've always seemed to like the high of the peppery smelling strains (whatever they were) I'm an occasional smoker now so it's more of a recreational thing for me.

have you read the strain description of the stones ???

the rock and roll serie is a minimun 50% of haze or above

man you dont know the mister nice strain the early haze is to later finish

a 25% haze strain you have ASH or Angel Heart, critical haze ect

Yes, I've read the strain description of The Stones, there' are errors in a few different descriptions. The only 50% haze in the Rock'n.'roller series is The Doors (assuming the matings in the descriptions are accurate).

According to Shantibaba, Haze AC = NL5 Haze A x Skunk Haze C = 50% Haze the same as SSH and MH.
  • The Doors - NL5 Haze (50% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 50% Haze
  • The Stones - MKS (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
  • The Cure - Afghan Skunk (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
  • Pink Floyd - Critical Mass (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
  • U2 - Early Queen (0% Haze) x Haze AC (50% Haze) = 25% Haze
Haze AC seems to bring with it quite a strong Haze influence and with it longer flowering times - more so than the Afghan Haze male does.

Some Flowering times:
  • Early Haze - 25% Haze 8-10 weeks (Afghan Haze male used)
  • ASH - 25% Haze 8-10 weeks (Afghan Haze male used)
  • Master Kaze - 25% Haze 8-10 weeks (Afghan Haze male used)
  • The Cure - 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)
  • Pink Floyd - 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)
  • U2 - 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)
  • The Stones = 25% Haze - 10-12 weeks (Haze AC male used)

Thanks Mate, I've grown Shark Shock, NL5x Haze, and Spice from Mrnice. I liked them all. I prefer spicy aroma over fruity, and like a happy buzz, not too dumb. I've always seemed to like the high of the peppery smelling strains (whatever they were) I'm an occasional smoker now so it's more of a recreational thing for me.

If you've finished NL5 Haze OK, then that opens up the options a lot. I would give Skunk Haze a try if I were you - there are some of those old school and peppery/woody/spicy haze phenotypes in there that sound like a good match for your taste. La Nina would also be worth a look but there are some long flowering phenos in both of those that you wouldn't finish in time. Nordle would be a safe bet for finsihing as well as Early Queen - they're steering away from your tastes a bit though but EQ has different smells and flavours that may still interest you (and it's a good outdoor strain as is Nordle).

Once you narrow things down a bit through descriptions, going through the Strainbase section of the forum will give you some insight into what you're likely see in the different lines.

Otherwise, you can always go through some more Spice, Shark and NL5 Haze looking for a special plant being that you already know you like those (y)

If you've finished NL5 Haze OK, then that opens up the options a lot. I would give Skunk Haze a try if I were you - there are some of those old school and peppery/woody/spicy haze phenotypes in there that sound like a good match for your taste. La Nina would also be worth a look but there are some long flowering phenos in both of those that you wouldn't finish in time. Nordle would be a safe bet for finsihing as well as Early Queen - they're steering away from your tastes a bit though but EQ has different smells and flavours that may still interest you (and it's a good outdoor strain as is Nordle).

Once you narrow things down a bit through descriptions, going through the Strainbase section of the forum will give you some insight into what you're likely see in the different lines.

Otherwise, you can always go through some more Spice, Shark and NL5 Haze looking for a special plant being that you already know you like those (y)
Thanks again mate. Actually those strains were indoors, so no weather constraints to speak of. Although the NL5x Haze did finish much earlier than I expected, but probably just the phenotype I got.
Have you tried Early Haze?

Yes, I've read the strain description of The Stones, there' are errors in a few different descriptions. The only 50% haze in the Rock'n.'roller series is The Doors (assuming the matings in the descriptions are accurate).

According to Shantibaba, Haze AC = NL5 Haze A x Skunk Haze C = 50% Haze the same as SSH and MH.
Haze AC seems to bring with it quite a strong Haze influence and with it longer flowering times - more so than the Afghan Haze male does.

Some Flowering times:

take you dream for reality

if the half of the the plant are haze ac they are 50% haze go back to school

how many strain have you grow ?

you induce people in a mistake u know nothing

Some Flowering times:

i will not lose my time with you but one example you click on strain

the stones ?

Heritage:MKSK x HzAC
Category:Exclusive limited editions - New blends of old school genetics
Family of breed:25% Afghan, 25% Skunk, 50% Haze

the cure ?

Heritage:Af/Sk x HzAC
Family of breed:25% Afghan, 25%Skunk, 50% Haze

the pinkfloyd ?

Heritage:CM x HzAC
Family of breed:25% Afghan, 25% Skunk, 50% Haze

the u2

Heritage:EQ x HzAC
Family of breed:Mexican12.5%, Early Pearl 12.5% Early Girl 12.5% Super Skunk 12.5% and Haze 50%

the doors so the above

Heritage:NL5Hz x HzAC
Family of breed:25% Afghan, 75% Haze

so all the rocknroll serie are 50% haze or above the doors 75%

795px-Thats_all_folks.svg.png

G'day all.

I’m at 42 North. Coastal lots of rain, high humidity during flowering season. That’s the other side of the world so I don’t know. Id go with a Shit, early Queen and a Shinning Silver Haze and see what happens!
Don’t take my advice though but I did love the episode where Bugs Bunny married the Tasmanian Devil So my late boomer age here

Some Flowering times:
Good post

Back