Tall MW Clone, Flowered at 19 months old

19 month veg, I'm ready. :)

Got a pic of this monster? I wanna see the base of the trunk!! Gonna have to cut it down with a chainsaw!!! :D

Last edited:
Damn!!! 19 months, I've pulled up a chair :)

I hope its a cutting you've flowered before so you know what you're in for.

Be safe

A

The 19 month old clone I am sorry to say is 11 months old. I went back through my logs and discovered that she is younger than thought.:confused: I was stoned silly the day it was written. The seeds were purchased 19 months ago but the clone is only 11 months old not 19. I hope this explains myself as only the truth will happen with this soul. peace, resinbud:eek:

do'n the time warp m8?. lol :p

n1 m8.

#

OH, its only 11 months old and not 19 months....why are you wasting our time?? It might as well be a seedling!

Just teasing :) Thanks for counting down and getting us the correct numbers.

Be safe

A

Hey, I don't wanna sound like a dick, but I bet that something else killed the plant. It's hard for me to wrap my head around how a plant could get root bound in a 30 gallon. I have never seen a 'rootbound' plant in the sense that the lack of available, fresh root space does anything more than stunts growth. I flower in 3.4l up to ~4 gallon pots. I have flowered a few in 2l's with no problems. I have even kept males in 4" pots for ~4mo with no problems other than watering everytime you look at them...

IMHO, a plant that has enough root mass to 'squeeze' a 30gallon must be HUGE - 12+', 10+' wide, etc. I can only imagine what kind of monster I could have if I dug a 2'dia x 3.5'deep (appx 30 gallon can) hole.

Is it possible the plant caught a virus??

Hey resin,
The first time I grew Mango Widow I found the best pheno of the entire package. My experiments with the Mango Widow extended over a course of four years and two packs. This is a line that definitely has something to offer for those willing to spend some time with her. Below is a picture of the best Mango Widow pheno I found, she was without question a widow phenotype.

Mango Widow

Keep us updated my friend.

Last edited:
Another shot of the smelly MW, sister.:p
Nice picture resin, thats a nice looking plant you have there. I found some of the mango widows to be deceptively heavy, the longer you leave them the chunkier they will get. Its just phenotype dependent. This is a good line though, I enjoyed working with her over a few years period of time.

The widow lines in general once dominated the entire face of the industry, I can remember seeing the wheels in motion as a younger man during the mid to late '90s. Its died down in recent years, almost to the point where its suspicious lol. But Ive got no doubt the widow lines are as dominant and special today as they were then and few lines still hold up to their potential. Im a believer, its pretty much what brought me online in the first place.

Keep em coming brother.

Hey resin :)
I would agree with your assessment that another 30-40 days may be needed, I would expect your buds to really put on the weight in that period. I would recommend keeping an eye out for mold, as the heavier these girls chunk up the more susceptible Ive found them to be to it. But last season I left one of my more widow dominant phenotypes in a corner of the green house and basically forgot about it the last month of flowering (other than watering and feeding) because it was essentially trapped by very large Mango Haze plants. When I finally pulled her, I was amazed at how heavy the plant was compared to what it looked like it should weigh. Very dense, so be patient and you will be rewarded.

Glad to see your new camera getting a lot of use resin, nice pictures and nice plants mate. Keep em coming.

Hi Resinbud ,

Loving the show :) , plants look in excellent health , post #36 cola in the middle picture :) , cola of the month for sure , beautiful color.

Hope you are well , peace.

DSCN0750.JPG

Nice job man , hope your harvest goes well , :) peace

those buds are wicked large on the indica dom. and its just so resiny looking with a great sparkle...thats gonna be one big harvest

great job there...are those seed plants or clones my friend...we both have passionate love for this hybrid (i lost my keeper) so i am definitely ordering a pack when they are in stock, your indica pheno is practically identical to the one i kept for a few rounds...such a fantastic hybrid and you are doing very well...keep up the great work, i'm working with the AngelHeart and am hoping to find some plants similar in yield and effect to the MangoWidow and from what i've seen MangoWidowxAfSk is becoming a very nice hybrid with similar potential for med patients...great job

AWESOME JOB!

This will mos def be my next strain I grow after I'm done with my Shits and Spices.

I would go for the pheno on the left. I like the chunkier ones more imo. I would experiment the hell out of that pheno to see just how much I could balloon those suckers.

Cheers man!

Nice thread resin :)
Having received a generous batch of Mango Widow, Ive spent possibly more seasons growing this line than any other MNS variety next to perhaps Mango Haze. I believe there is quite a bit of variability in the line, to date the best pheno Ive found was the first seed I cracked from the batch. It was nearly identical to the Widow that is ultimately responsible for my presence here today, a pungent girl that really had a zing to her.

Keep 'em coming my friend.

Yo resinbud, this thread flew under my radar and I just found it now. Thanks for the read! I was just getting ready to ask you how the 'flowering before rooting' went, but I guess that last picture sums it up nicely. I was going to actually try that this summer, but after seeing how your experiment went, I don't think I'm going to try.

Thanks again for the thread, and please keep it up.

BTW, Shanti sent me a free pack of ASH, and I am hoping to find that 'stunner' pheno you had. Your details about it definitely have me excited to grow it.

Back