• Yes , but price shop

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No , keep me out of that trap , order Amazon

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skunkerbudz

2022 COE Winner
Screenshot_20211128-131735_Samsung Internet.jpgI've been wondering how others feel about their local "Snake Oil Salesman" lol..., and if you shop their store regardless of price or shop for products and convenience like Amazon ?

My thought is that in my situation I have several shops and two are pretty large and people working their are normally very helpful and knowledgeable.. sometimes they get a guy working their trying to impose his will on me and I won't buy anything after his long winded spew on the be all to end all products or process. The other stores , one the oldest , I know the owner and he is a complete ASS and just a money grab, sells old junk, expired products etc. But....still in business...

Amazon.... sometimes their prices are too good although sometimes if selling third party prices seem ridiculously high.
All in all if ordering other stuff I will order due to prime shipping and convenience.

So do you support your local business because they offer knowledge and have what you need in-stock?

Or do you shop and price is the only factor.

That is not something I worry about. Small business people will look after themselves in my view. Much of the time I buy off ebay. Price is my main concern.

I dont buy from Amazone nothing ever ever ever there prices aint that good and i want to give my money hard working people and not some multibillion corporation the normal people they put the money back into the economy of your country and not the money is gone Amazone dont supported my country as normal people do they don't even pay taxes

Last edited:
Amazon is the Devil and yet I still end up buying from them. I buy some stuff from the local store, but I'm in a town of under 20,000 now so they don't carry much. I try to give them business, but often ordering online is faster than having them get it.

I'm not voting because I'm not ideologically driven enough to lie and say I only act one way. lol

For better or worse I often operate as a good american like the DKs said: "Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death".

Amazon is the Devil and yet I still end up buying from them. I buy some stuff from the local store, but I'm in a town of under 20,000 now so they don't carry much. I try to give them business, but often ordering online is faster than having them get it.

I'm not voting because I'm not ideologically driven enough to lie and say I only act one way. lol

For better or worse I often operate as a good american like the DKs said: "Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death".
I agree that Amazon sucks BALLZ....

But.. alot of small business sell as Amazon giving a good chunk of the pie back as well as being dictated to as far as price and a list of selling , customer service criteria.

I was just wondering what yall do for supplies... local only , Amazon, HD only or a mix...

If I need a quart of calmag and it's inconvenient for me to drive 7 miles in the next few days.... I can have Amazon drop it off in 2 to 3 days for the same price minus my time and fuel.

i buy at my lokal grow shop they also have the best prices and online sure but not amazon some smaller shops best if lokal same town

Where I am choices are limited however we do have a store which now sells some products. They have gaia green. General hydroponic limited just the bases . And the box of remo nutrients. So I order most of what I use from Amazon for convenience and savings . The shop here has a 5×5 tent for 300$ . On Amazon about $150. I would pay about 20 $ shipping so it is convenient. Wish I did not have to worry about $$$ but such is life .

Back