Super Silver Haze (pforum176)

Hello Swifty,

she should still have 16 days to harvest...do you think that's long?
I am attaching a photo of SSH1 harvested on day 63 (for testing).
Judging by the color of the trichome, she would benefit from an extra week...

SSH1_63_12_2.jpg
SSH1_63_12_1.jpg
What do you think?

Hello Swifty,

she should still have 16 days to harvest...do you think that's long?
I am attaching a photo of SSH1 harvested on day 63 (for testing).
Judging by the color of the trichome, she would benefit from an extra week...

View attachment 72646
View attachment 72647
What do you think?
Well if I look at the pic I would let her go some more.
The harvest window is approaching for you, and yes I would expect it to be around 2 weeks from judging your stage of flowering.
Now is the time to start feeding them lesser and dim the light a little bit.
Shorter day's can also help, even 15 minutes can make a difference.
Al these measures tell the plant that winter is coming and should hasten te ripening proces.

I must say that I don't focus on trich color alone anymore, I judge also by smell.
Sounds a bit strange but working with few selected clones for years tought me that.
I don't do this with new plants.

Question: Did you check the trich color on your SSH1 harvested at 63 days? (after drying and after some curing)
Once a plant is harvested the trichs keep evolving.

Now is the time to get to know your cut and harvest at different times (even if they had not a flush, should not affect the high).

Hope it helps and good job!

Hi Growers,

today is the 66th day of flowering.

EC=0.3
pH=6.2
Light goes to 70%

The girls only get clean water (with CalMag), nanners are everywhere and only 4 days to go :love: ā€¦
The smell is sweet, citrus, with a bit of mint and skunk...the combination is really beautiful...I have never smelled anything like it...one of the reasons why it is the winner of the selection (y)...

66_12_1.jpg
66_12_2.jpg
66_12_5.jpg
66_12_6.jpg
66_12_7.jpg
66_12_3.jpg

Time to harvest now?

dont-look-at-foxtail-from-heat-when-deciding-when-to-harvest-marijuana-sm.jpg

Too much heat and light can cause other problems. Notice the yellow ā€œbananaā€ sticking out of the top middle bud in the next picture. This is a stress response. The plant is making a last-ditch effort to pollinate itself and make seeds before the plant dies. If your buds start popping up with bananas everywhere, itā€™s time to harvest. Otherwise, you start losing potency/smell and buds may get seedy.

Hello to everybody,

I harvested all five flowers yesterday. It took 20 days to grow and 68 days to flower.

Although I only lit at 70% power towards the end, the flowers were apparently overlit. After a year of using LED, I still can't work with it :( ... And that light is suitable for a 60x60 cm space and I have it in an 80x80 cm tent...

Oh well, photos from the harvest...68_12_1.jpg
68_12_2.jpg
1/5
68_12_3.jpg
2/5
68_12_4.jpg
3/5
68_12_5.jpg
4/5
68_12_6.jpg
5/5
68_12_7.jpg
68_12_8.jpg68_12_9.jpg
68_12_10.jpg

Photos after 10 days of drying...

SSH_5_2023_1.JPG
SSH_5_2023_2.jpg

Another SSH sample after 2 months curing...

SSH_3_2023_1.JPG
SSH_3_2023_2.jpg

And the last sample after almost 8 months of curing (I had to hold on a lot to keep it for the photo shoot šŸ™‚)...

SSH_10_2022_1.JPGSSH_10_2022_2.JPG

As I wrote above, I would describe the scent as sweet (honey), skunk, citrus, with a bit of mint. The longer the curing lasts, the more you smell the gas, kerosene or something like that. In the end, this fragrance completely prevails and you will only feel the citrus-honey-menthol scent when you break the bud.

Back