Suggestions for Mum, Clone, Veg area

UncleElroy

Afternoon all, I've been trying to think which way to do this for a while but can't seem to come to a decision. I have a Homebox XL at the moment running a 600 HPS and the plants have just gone into flower.

I have some CM beans on the way and hope to get these going while the flowering is going on in the main tent. From the CM I hope to get some nice females and grow em out and take clones along the way, keep the mums and give the CM a couple of runs for a while.

Only problem is I don't have a veg,mum area. I have read some many mixed reviews on what lighting to use from T5 Fluorescent to MH. I will have to use a tent as I can't erect anything permanent, I have seen this tent which I can adjust how many shelves I want.

http://www.homebox.net/dhtml/product_family_clonebox.php

I was thinking about chucking a 4 way T5 in there and using it for all the above stages of growth. What do you guys think I'm only new to the game so I have alot of learning to do yet. Any comments or other suggestions please chime it.

hello UncleElroy,

This is what I am trying to acheive in a DR120 with a T5 lightwave 8 tube 400w, and 2x125 cfl's as supplimentry when needed. 4 Mom's along the back happy but NOT in a hurry to do anything, cloneing and/to finish vegging
the T5 light wave is fine for bean's, cloneing/propagation and vegging to a certain size "light penatration"?. 8 to 12 GURL'S.
T5's can burn plants "oop's" lol, CFL's pretty much the same only not as much coverage?.

my 2p?.

As for a new tent?, DR100 minimum or DR120 same as what you have I think XL=1.2 mtr? 120x120cm. If you can fit it, better looking at it than for it?. "space"!.

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/subcat.asp?subcat=463&cat=353

#

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear what you saying mate, I was only hoping to get maybe 6 girls max to use in my Flower tent and keep some bonsai mums. What do you think would do the job for lighting to grow em from seeds till maybe 6 weeks in ? would the lightwave have the penetration to do it ?

hello UE,

your t5 4way is spot on for bonsi mothers. 4 mothers
If you have six cuts say 12" high. 6 veg
and six clones in propergator?. 6 clones
18 plants total?

you will need another t5 4way for your mom/clone/veg'n, 1 t5 would be not enough, i feel.

That is if you want to keep six next door flowering at all times.

hope that helps?.

#

Yeah man thats sounds spot on 18 plants when I'm at full capacity, I'll prob just have the 1 mum to start with as will have to grow out my CM and pick the best 1 or 2.

The HomeBox Clonebox that I was looking at can be split into two flats. Top can be for me cuts in Prop and Bottom can be for vegging and mums.

The 4 way T5 could be used on the bottom and I do also have a PL2 prop light at the moment that has 2 55w Fluorescents that I will start with over the prop.

Talking to the company I buy from they seem positive the 4 way should give me enough light.

give it a go m8,
you can allways add on later?. better srpead of light with them on same level "floor" if you have the floor space?.

my math is shite above lol:eek:
4mums
6veg
6clones
=16 lol. im a stupid feck'r lol.

#

Afternoon all, I've been trying to think which way to do this for a while but can't seem to come to a decision. I have a Homebox XL at the moment running a 600 HPS and the plants have just gone into flower.

I have some CM beans on the way and hope to get these going while the flowering is going on in the main tent. From the CM I hope to get some nice females and grow em out and take clones along the way, keep the mums and give the CM a couple of runs for a while.

Only problem is I don't have a veg,mum area. I have read some many mixed reviews on what lighting to use from T5 Fluorescent to MH. I will have to use a tent as I can't erect anything permanent, I have seen this tent which I can adjust how many shelves I want.

http://www.homebox.net/dhtml/product_family_clonebox.php

I was thinking about chucking a 4 way T5 in there and using it for all the above stages of growth. What do you guys think I'm only new to the game so I have alot of learning to do yet. Any comments or other suggestions please chime it.
hey man,
try this ,
1. shop lite Cool White florescent bulbs/4 bulb
1. standard heat mat
1. high clear humidity dome
1. standard non draining seedling tray

you now have a complete seed germination/veg/clone/mum system...add a closet and a small fan and you are in Biz Ness!

{dont really need a closet,but it keeps things tidy}

Last edited:
Back