stud

Hello binkweed, you speak so authoritatively on the subject, "What is your background and could you elaborate on your statement some more? Thanks SG

hello Shogirl,

glad to see you are still around!.:cool:

hope all is well!.

#

Hi # ,thanks for the greeting, ya good to still be around,casting a shadow so to speak lol. Sort a feel like a ghost of Mr Nice Town the last while.
I am back growing some homemade ssh offspring again and loving it. Hoping all is well with you. Peace Shogirl

a good the stud gives character and every time he's crossed with any other strain/hybrid his character shows. he may produce fat colas with short internodes and he also controls flowering time. if u use a weak male in your breeding then everything that u produce from that male will be weak. your strain/hybrid is as strong as your male. :D

Is there a list of characteristics that you look for in a male? I'd assume the only way to know the true potency of a particualr male would be to make seeds, grow the seeds out for females and smoke the resulting cross?

Well i know the male is important binkweed but he'd have a hard time producing marijuana himself if you get my drift. The way i see it good marijuana is a multible and sum of all it's parts. peace Shogirl:)

one male i use produces short internodes, bushy plants, strong vigor, high resin production, high female to male seed count, and some purpling of the colas. the other male i use produces medium internodes, strong vigor, and high yield..............all great strains and hybrids come from real males. dont buy female seeds because u dont know what her father look like.;)

Check males early in the morning.

Hello!... I have found that if you have at least five males to pick from, Smell them all a few hours before sun up and pick the smelliest one from the pack. The males take in nutrients early in the morning before sun up, and has worked for me in choosing a superior male, also look for resin on the leaves and stalk along with smell can do wounders in a breeding program. resinbud,;)

Last edited:
When breeding Skunks I used a very effective method. I'd spray the males with ethylene (it's the same hormone that comes off ripening fruit) a few times until they partially reversed. Enough to show me gland structure, resin production and smell.

If you want to talk about genetic bottlenecking, SK1 is a classic case. The best line that I got from Sam, was pretty bloody good. I would say that that was his crowning achievement. I separated 2 lines from the best single parent mating, and kept them appart. One line had Red labels and the other Blue. I kept doing single parent matings using the above mentioned tek. The plan was to put them back together and then give them out. I'm sure that SB has used these wisely.
N

My method sucks compared to that, using my vaproizer to smoke the males top shoots after refraining for a few days. :/ Who wants to do that?

a good the stud gives character and every time he's crossed with any other strain/hybrid his character shows. he may produce fat colas with short internodes and he also controls flowering time. if u use a weak male in your breeding then everything that u produce from that male will be weak. your strain/hybrid is as strong as your male. :D

what if he is 90%masked. he ends up showing all ressesive traits you never seen befor?

and most of all diversity, that is why you would want a few of the same line....
figuring its dominance and the way it combines to itself and other line are just as important.
It may hide itself until you have created a stable color of paint to brush on say another line.
Males change just as much as females do.
Creating new dominante traits is the key.

Back