Still loving the MKS?

fatty arbuckle

Who's still running their MKS keepers? gotta decide what to pop next and was curious what about the mks keeps your interest. or if you don't run it any longer what made ya stop and what replaced it? got alittle time to wait before i can start any and a few strains waiting in the wings besides this one but my interest in mks is definitely piqued and would love to finalize after hearing some stories of the MKS
peace,
fatty

Still running my three phenos. Have #'s 2,4&5 in all sorts of states. Why did I keep them? All three were great producers of good solid nug. I do not feel I got the best dry and cure so the flavors were kinda lost on me. Everyone else who tried loved it. Both for taste and stone. Hope to have a better run of it this time and I have a few other things to smoke so I am more likely to let them cure for a while. I feel it's good to give them a few runs to truly get a feel for. These things grow like a bastard, are very sturdy and just covered in bud sites. Have had to prune twice just to open up the middle and get rid of a lot of lower branching. My best guess is they will start to bud in early Aug. and finish up in early Oct. If the weather gets dicy I can toss them in the GH. This is only a guess (maybe wishful thinking?)but I have my second round of cuts just ripening and have a good feel for these girls. Hard part will be which one(s) to 86. There ten CM seedlings just waiting to push something aside. It's hard to believe that CM will out produce #'s 2&4. Pics are in order 2,4 and last two are #5. Five was a little behind so she's been hanging in the GH. Bigger pot and some time in the sun for her. Will post new pics this wknd. thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_05990001.JPG
    DSC_05990001.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_06000002.JPG
    DSC_06000002.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_06020004.JPG
    DSC_06020004.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_06040006.JPG
    DSC_06040006.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the your response Fishdog. Ronin's thread convinced me to buy the MKS and your continued updates and results has put them at the forefront of my priorities. I hope your keepers give you the tastes you're seeking after you get em dialed in. I'm definitely hoping for a nice dense nugget with a unique flavor and if the yield is there so much the better. I've got NLxAfghan waiting as well and I'm looking at grabbing up some sort of afghanxskunk such as nl5xskunk or nordle but I'm thinking i can find what I'm looking for here as well. thanks for you continued updates and your quick response.
peace,
fatty

Another MKS tale for Ya Fatty, This one is the #4 pheno. She was in the GH getting that natural veg thing. The weather was so gloomy this spring that she went in to bud mode along with a couple others in early June. She was further along than some I have under lights so I stacked her pots and threw her under 600watt HPS. Here she is about a week before her counterparts that are still basking in HPS. The fact that she went in to bud in about 18hrs of light makes me think she will be good for this area. I have another early strain that did the same thing. Just thought you might like to see her on chop day. :D

Attachments

• DSC_06050001.JPG
    DSC_06050001.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_06060002.JPG
    DSC_06060002.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_06070003.JPG
    DSC_06070003.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_06080004.JPG
    DSC_06080004.JPG
    342.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_06090005.JPG
    DSC_06090005.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 23
MKS_7.JPG

I just harvested her the other day . She has a GREAT smell and good yeild . She is the only one I have left due to the other clones dying . It is a good strain to run def not a waste of space . I am in Cali so it is hard to bump my current keepers from the top spot so not sure how long I will keep her . She should be ready to smoke shortly . If you are not in a med state and elite clones are not available you could def find a keeper in a pack.

what i wanted to hear!

You know when you ask a question what answer you hope to hear and i can basically say your response Yesca is what i was hoping for with the MKS. I don't live in a med state and as such i keep my growing on the down low and i'm a grower circle of one. Elite clones are, at this point, not even on the radar. But i prefer to browse thru seeds and find my own elites! or at least keepers and i get to learn alot along the way as i learn the plants. It seems like the MKS is such a sleeper strain b/c what i see is folks getting awesome results but not alot of hype on this one. I've also won a pack of The Stones but i want to grow these first i think then once i know it well enough, pop the Stones. I do have a couple people in my smoking circle however and around these parts its all about nugget density it seems. I've been running and deciding between 9 skunk #1's and i've got it down to 4 real nice girls and i want to get it down to 2 here soon and start something different and i think i'll start with MKS. Thanks for the replies.
peace,
fatty

Fishdog, without going into great detail on physical location, whats your average first frost date? I'd love to find a nice quick pheno as i wade thru my seeds that would finish outdoor in my area and i'm definitely watching your results. Mid october is the average first frost in my area although its rarely a hard frost and i might be able to finish outdoor with something fairly quick. The problem is i'm all indoor and as such don't have the experience yet of outdoor. would love to get there tho.
peace,
fatty

Tough call on the first frost. It has changed over my tenure here. Hard frosts haven't been showing up untill mid Oct. and even later. Seems like we get a light frost or two in sept. but then no killers till late oct. and sometimes not till nov. Late rains(and "Super Storms") bring up the mold issue.Guess it would'nt hurt to tell you I live in the shadow of the higest peak in the northeast at aprox. 44deg. lat. Check out the MOB in my galleries. Finishes here in early sept.:D BTW sometimes those light frosts are a good thing. Not enough to kill the plant but the stress helps the plant kick into ripen mode. Cool, bright and dry are what we want. Could perhaps promote more flavor and potency. No easy way to verify but legend has it so.

Last edited:
Back