spice

deskjet

as anyone had any germinateing problems with these i just purchased a pack from dr chronics as have yet ive got none out of 17 i now its only a week but its starting to worry me already . im doing the same routine as i allways do seeds into rapid rooters into a propergator and switch on . i had probs before with cm which the good man sorted me out . ile leave it another week and see what happens i dont want to come across as thou i dont now what im doing ? but i dont want to chuck £42 down the drain

Hi deskjet,

Sorry to hear about your bad results :(

Give them another week and if they don't pop up contact Shanti by PM giving him all details.

dc's still selling these then? he knows there's a problem with them...tells u after you've had problems...conveniently forgets to tell u before u spend your money
just lucky you've found this site otherwise you'd be out of pocket...shanti may offer to replace but no spice about for a while

thanks for the reply greendaze i now what you mean theres over 30 plus seed supliers out there so i could of choose anything but after scrolling throgh various sites he was the cheapest on the spice that should of sent alarm bells ringing ?? i was allways a paradise man but i was converted to the mns last year and i dont want to change so when i saw them in stock i thought id have a go at them ive grown out ssh and cm recently and was more than impressed with the outcome . ive just had a little prod around up there in the last half hour and not 1 has cracked so my next plan is to try and scratch them and go with the paper towel method if that dosent work ile start screaming????????

I had poor germ rates with the 1 pack of Spice I had (3 popped, 2 grew out of ~18). I recently 'sliced' a few random, poor germing seeds with an exacto knife, and I got 4 of the 5 sliced seeds to come up.

Man try what you can, 1 of the 2 females was A+++ smoke in under 9wks. :D

thanks for the responce barlleta im going to try that today and see what happens in the next few days? im a bit pissed off with this already as you can imagine like greendaze said if he new there was problems with these why keep selling them ?? ile keep the post updated if i get anything

I got mine from seedbay in fall 07. Maybe the folks @ vu-du could crack a pack open and report what the deal is.

heres where there at now nothing i scratched them with sandpaper and tried the paper towel method on top of the combi boiler keeping them moist but still nothing i pm dr chronics 4 days ago but hes not got back to me this is 2 weeks now i cant see anything happening it just seems like theres £42 down the drain and 2 weeks of veg wasted on these i think ile have to pm shanti with this prob and see what he suggests ? i didnt want to bother him but it looks like ive got no alternitive .

Attachments

• P050309_08.09.jpg
    P050309_08.09.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 13
I had a pack from a vendor i will not mention. I put 17 at once in a rapid rooter flat with water added in a humidity dome environment for 3 days.... I got 7 to sprout out of which I got two females but one of them was also a stunted girl so it will be a bit before I sample her. The other cut grows rapidly with great structure, yet to sample her.

Hi deskjet,

Don't feel afraid to contact Shanti as he is a stand up guy :)

Good seeds germinate in soil, there's no need to use all those peculiar methods.

u can phone dc...he's always next to the phone and then you can be sure to speak to him

off topic but what's happened to barletta?

heres where there at now nothing i scratched them with sandpaper and tried the paper towel method on top of the combi boiler keeping them moist but still nothing i pm dr chronics 4 days ago but hes not got back to me this is 2 weeks now i cant see anything happening it just seems like theres £42 down the drain and 2 weeks of veg wasted on these i think ile have to pm shanti with this prob and see what he suggests ? i didnt want to bother him but it looks like ive got no alternitive .

Hi Deskjet,
Im sorry to hear about your spice problems, I had similar issues with the Spice line last year I believe as well. A shame too, because this line along with Devil look extremely interesting. Shanti should be back within the month by all accounts, so its probably a good idea to pm him and discuss things privately.

thanks for the responce everybody its 1 of them things but i dont now what it is it allways seems to be me its not that im doing anything different that i normally do . you expect to lose a few but not get any is so frustrateing i have pm shanti and ile leave it in his hands ps i havent heard from barletta for a while either by the way i allways dealt with dc in the past and never had any probs in the past . i use to be on is website auction etc and never had any probs

Ordered CM from the Doc bout 6 months? back, and had similar results. Tried germing 10, got 2 to pop (took several days if I'm remembering correctly), ended up with one girly.

Won't even get into the SSH pack I got from Sbay. Still makes me sad thinking I screwed up those seeds n my chance to replace my silver momma. Maybe wasn't my fault though. Whatever the outer-coating (brown pigment) on the seeds is called was chipped off and floating all over the bag.

I let Shanti know, though the way I see it, not really his responsibility to replace the seeds. I'm sure they were just as fresh and viable as any other beans when he sent em out, but who knows how the seedbanks store them (supposedly refrigerate at Sbay) and how long they hold onto them. Not sure bout the Doc, but all Sbay/Sboutique MNS stock seems to be old and fairly stale, which is their fault, not Shanti's. If only they were as standup as he is.

EDIT: and my germ method was same as always, papertowel in a loose plastic bag. Didn't try any 'tricks',, sandpaper, freezing, etc.

Back