Spice

Bilbo

I just popped 19 MNS Spice seeds recently received. I am soaking in a paper towel. I am looking to grow these and take clones for a potential mom. It is going to be special if I keep the mom as I now have a ton of MNS seed of many strains :eek:

So, Spice!

Bilbo :)

Go Team Spice! I just picked 2 packs of these also. I couldn't find one bad review about the high of these. I like buds that put me in a positive vibration. I hope you find a nice keeper in them. I read that the indica dom ones are very nice with burnt rubber smell in flower with fruit limey smells after cure.

-pH

MNS SPICE by Shantibaba

it was originally called Hawaii 5-0...when I first created it but since the MNS it was renamed.
Spice is definitively old world genetics.It was originally made in 87 and then had a few improvements in the early 90s only to remain the same since then.
Since Hawaii had no land races this Spice comes from a long history of serious breeding done with specially adapted indicas and sativas.Over the years and through a lot of interbreeding they have become very personalized and unique.My experience with these different adapted strains coming out of islands of Hawaii shine through on this plant.

Spice is a fruity flavoured sweet aromatic plant.
It really is a distinct strain with its leaf traits and smell.
Very wide leaves, they over lap a fair bit and they are short.The plants are also short.

Spice is basically 75 indica:25 sativa.The phenotype usually comes out similar.
If you go for the sativa aspects it will be comparable to SSH in the way that it will grow straight up with fluffy-ball shaped buds...maybe not as strong but different.If you choose on the indica side of things then you may find some serious strong and acrid smells that got her her name Spice.

It is advisable to keep a constant ec for her.She responds better to a very consistant climate.Climate being the wholistic elements of the entire grow room...air, air circulation, temp, water ph...If you are any sorts of growers this lady is fun.If you room is not up to scratch then she will repay you with the equivalent budage...
What I usually do is give her an ec of 1.6-1.8 with a ph of 5.8 when she grows on rockwool.As she gets developed reduce the Ec to 1.4 the last few weeks before flushing the nutrients out the last week or so.

from Devilock...

picture.php

hi all
spice is the only mns strain i didnt smoke, in the old days hawain indica was really good, it is the same?

I'm curious too. Also... what are the improvements? My mind first thinks of skunk when I read "improvement"

"Spice is definitively old world genetics.It was originally made in 87 and then had a few improvements in the early 90s only to remain the same since then."

I’ve got a couple of Spice girls in the works and more that haven’t shown sex yet. Curious to see what these girls do outdoors here. Good luck.

Tap roots...

Hi ya'll,

17 of the 19 seeds have tap roots. I transplanted these into organic soil. Now lets see of the 17 that pop it's lil head!

Bilbo :)

Update: Well, 16 of the 17 have popped through, we'll see about #17 Very happy now! :)

Last edited:
Not Happy!

Hi ya'll,

First off, hats off to the MNS team! The Spice seeds I received were very fresh! When I get 17 of 19 seeds to show a tap root and then get all but one to grow, well ... very happy!

Bad news... I had a scare that forced me to shut this Spice grow down. Better safe than sorry... I still am not sure, but I in compliance with my 1 flowering and three clones. I still plan to grow from the many MNS seeds I have, so... what next...

Bilbo

Sorry to hear that…wanted to see some pics. I’ve got a couple of girls out there, haven’t seen them in a few weeks. Spice Girls. Shanti would like to see pictures.

I'm 6 for 6 with the Spice. I just popped them. I pre-scuff my beans and after scuffing one came out of my scuff tube already cracked open. I put it in the rooter anyway and wouldn't you know, it came up anyway :D

These are VERY vigorous beans!

Back