Spice Vs. Spice

B

barletta

Hi, I'm barletta, and most of you know me and my Spice plant. Say hello Spice.
45 days 12/12
45days.JPG

Well, I have another Spice that I have yet to flower from clone. The seedplant went black late in flower, so I have been calling her 'black' spice.
I have 1 cut of each ~2wks into flower. They live in 3.4l pots of an organic coco mix. They have been eating mostly castings and bat guano, with some kelp, plant success, and bio-tone mixed in.
They drink water with molasses and either liquid karma or B-1 red. I dusted the whole room with diotomaceous earth to make it drug related.

2weeks.JPG

2weeksa.JPG

Pix suck, but there isn't much going on right now. Black is on the left in both pix. I may have some female seeds of the 2 of them crossed, courtesy of a banana from the plant pictured above.

I will try to update at least weekly. Feel free to ask/recommend/comment.

Lol, no I like the top 1, I meant the bottom 2. Can't see shit.

Spice #1 (starting to look/smell like ecsd, so it's 'sour' spice): Indica leaning hybrid. Smells like burning rubber in veg. Mom of a shitload of my crosses.

'Black' Spice grew a single 10" tower of buds. No branches for clones lol. Looked mostly/100% indica.

Don't remember the 4-5g of smoke from either, so that will be a treat for everybody...

Here the ladies are bout 3 wks 12/12

spicevspice3wks1.JPG

3wks2.JPG

Nothin much goin on here. Got fed for the 1st time with bottles today. ~1/2 strength pbp soil. They are lil buggers, but I flowered em almost right away. Black Spice (the topped 1) is smelling a lil sweeter, and Sour Spice is smellin a lil funkier.

:D

what light have you got over them? you could fit 9 plants that size in those 2 pots. they look nice though;)

Attachments

• 3wks2.JPG
    3wks2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
Yo nut, kiwi, thanks for stoppin in.

nut - They are in 3.4l pots, how much smaller should I go, lol. They are under a 400w @ any 1 time. They have been under hps so far. The sour spice should yield 15-20g (3.4l cocomix, noveg), I wonder what the other will do. I have been running a bunch of sativa dom stuff, so I deffo flowered these cuts and a couple of shits too short. I had yet to run the Black from clone, so I wanna see what she is like. I have 2 rooted revegges that have 'stalled' for the last few weeks. I have tried N ferts, up potting, and they are just chillin. Building roots, but chillin... I'll get pix. If they don't come around in a week or so, I will have to go out and take some emergency cuts from the 1 in the bush..

kiwi - sporty spice

Yo nut, kiwi, thanks for stoppin in.

nut - They are in 3.4l pots, how much smaller should I go, lol. They are under a 400w @ any 1 time. They have been under hps so far. The sour spice should yield 15-20g (3.4l cocomix, noveg), I wonder what the other will do. I have been running a bunch of sativa dom stuff, so I deffo flowered these cuts and a couple of shits too short. I had yet to run the Black from clone, so I wanna see what she is like. I have 2 rooted revegges that have 'stalled' for the last few weeks. I have tried N ferts, up potting, and they are just chillin. Building roots, but chillin... I'll get pix. If they don't come around in a week or so, I will have to go out and take some emergency cuts from the 1 in the bush..

kiwi - sporty spice

I have been running a bunch of sativa dom stuff, so I deffo flowered these cuts and a couple of shits too short.
they look a good hight to finish off at you just dont have the numbers, cram them in and flower as soon as they start to green up.

24" is perfect finishing hight, stick 4-9 of them in a pot 30cm X 30cm. the plants will stretch more than grow breaches and grow in to a single cola.

I have to stay under a certain # to limit my exposure (I don wanna hear about no FED charges), and I have shit going on all over 25, 10, 20, 10, 3, 1, They start to add up, lol. The plan is to run 3-4 in/out per wk @1.25z+ per clone. I may run a real sog or 2 over the winter. I want to have 2 rounds of clones to go out to re-veg...30-40 out one weekend in mid may (finish flower may 1)...30-40 out first wk of july (or earlier..).

One of my baddest looking plants outside is the re-veg mom of this black spice. She sat on my deck in the white pot for a month (may-ish), then I put her in a gallon for a few wks, but once she hit the ground, OH BABY...

This is a pic of her (on the bottom) 2 weeks ago...I can't wait to go see her, but she is tricky...all of those spots that you see from the road will work for these lil patches, but it is tricky cause YOU CAN SEE IT FROM THE ROAD, lol. Anyway, I am hopin she is a crusher.
shitnbubbaspice7-3.JPG

~3wks 12/12

Both plants need to be vegged to a decent size, cause they sure as hell don't stretch... The sour Spice smells like burning rubber with a lil sweetness behind it, the black smells very sweet, almost berryish. Gonna hit them with the ogk x g13/h male sometime this week.

Black

Sour

Group

Their new boyfriend...

Last edited:
Those things didn't stretch at all hardly did they? I hate coming over hereLOL! I see all that room you have to grow stuff...and outside too.

Where do you keep "the boyfriend"?

You have friggin plants all over !!

How's the plants you have outside doin? Local rain been any good?

SativaFan

He was staying on the corner of the plywood, but as of today, I moved him back up against the filter. The filter runs 24/7, and sucks pretty... um.... hard...?
isolation.JPG

He just hangs out, watchin his bitches... I (think) I pollinated a lil bud on the iffy today. I will be making a TON of SSH x (ogk x g13/hz) beans to play with (lemons). I will also be doing a bunch of 1 off crosses: supershit (2 cuts), shit (2 cuts), spice (both), and I THINK that I have a cut of that dreamtime floating through down below. It doesn't look familiar, and I have the same 3-4 cuts running for a few months now, and I know which monsters are the seedplants...

Rain you ask?? Check out the east coast radar for the last few days. :D Probably looking at ~2-3" from last night through 2moro morn...

I am starting to get a little concerned for my low-lying spot. I am kinda new here, and I don't know how easily/long that stream floods.

Hey, no bullshittin in this thread, it is for scientific purposes (who can grow the smallest hawaiian??) only!! LOL That flowering spice (sour) on the hill and the Black in the park are LOVING the rain. I would have had to go out again this wk. I am kinda glad the spice on the hill (bin growin..) is flowering early, as I will need to bring water/nutes weekly, and it will be easier if I don't have to focus on the other spots for a few wks...ramble....ramble...Orange Mudd ....ramble.....Spice......ramble....

Quality smoke report on the sour spice @ 50 days coming within the wk. She hit the jar a couple of days ago. Strong, but has the 'wet' taste still.

40 days. These plants are teaching me a lil something about indica size/stretch. LOL NO MORE RIGHT INTO FLOWER FOR THE INDICAS. I'm looking at a 1/2oz total between them.....

Anyway the 'Black' is super sweet smelling. Some unknown tropical fruit.... I pollinated her heavy with the dude, so I will have some beans from her. The clones/re-vegging veg plants are infested with gnats, so out they go, I'm not optimistic.... I will make a real effort to get a cut from the bush, but the spot is inaccessible, and the rain keeps falling....

Black
black40.JPG

black40days.JPG

Both
spicevspice40a.JPG

I also think that the 'no veg' package stunted the plants, as another sour Spice looks as mature as the tester ~10 days earlier (and it's much bigger; 1wk veg should yield ~20g.

Choppin 2moro. Today is 57 days, I think. They are small, so please don't laugh. I'm lookin @ ~10-15g dry between em. They both have some seeds goin on too (og kush x g13/h). The 'black' is now officially 'Wamu'. The 'sour' is officially 'household'. If I'm lucky, I'll have some Wamu x household (fem) to run.

Wamu
black57a.JPG

black57b.JPG

black57c.JPG

The trich coverage looks pretty shitty to the naked eye, but up close, there are a lot of trichs, but the heads are VERY small, and the stalks seem very long. I'm betting against bag appeal for this 1 except smell. Smells like some new, sweeter tropical goodness. Pretty strong in the scent dept. Not as strong as the household cut... but strong.

black57bottommacro.JPG

And of course, household. She looks frosty as fukk. She could be (and I bet IS) sold as sour D or a 'sour' cross. I do see how the hawaiian comes through in the sour d after running this cut a few times. Threw momma in ~a week ago...
sour57a.JPG

sour57b.JPG

sour57bottom.JPG

I don't have cuts of either rooted right now, as I am letting fate trim my plants. They are all 'keepers' to me, but if they are all good, than I guess that I haven't come across anything GREAT yet. The ssh is closest, and I will have atleast 1 cut of her at all times, and the shit is a staple right now with that 40 day finish. I really do like the spices, so I'm hoping they both pull through. They only got put on notice due to the arrival of some EQ and some quicker spice x ssh cuts...

Buh-Bye Girls...
spice57.JPG

EDIT - That SSH in the backgroiund is looking tasty as all hell. ~65days

Last edited:
C'mon, I said don't laugh at em... LOL, Obviously not a good example of the yield potential of the strain. Both went in with no veg, were kinda stunted, and thus unloved. I'll be lovin them this weekend... I will throw up some pix of a decent sized household in a few days. I have 1 ~20g coming down over the weekend (once she goes BONE). I'll get bud shotsw of the outdoor spices in a few wks, and the names may make a lil more sense. No midgets there... Oh yes there is.. I got an outdoor midget 'household'. I hope she makes it. Looking at 7-15g from and OD plant, lol.

Got a lil smoke report on the 'Wamu/black'.

Surprised me with yield. That lil plant gave me ~10g of seedless bud, and ~100 seeds (1-2g of bud).

Nearly no visible trichs, pretty BRIGHT orange fuzzy hairs. Easy to trim.

Tropical fruity catpiss smoothie as the nug crumbles.

Smoke is still uncured, but the tropical comes through. A lil more indica influenced than the 'sour/household' cut. Not quite as strong, but I'm sure would rock a light smoker.

Could be a commercial cut due to the density and low leaf of the buds. Was finished when I cut her.

I have 1 STRUGGLING clone (lost the first 3, think this1 will make it) and a bush of this plant in the bush. I will post pix as I get them. Pray for rain.

I orig posted this smoke report a lil while back on IC.
From this thread - http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=92702

household/sour cut
Went ~51 days 12/12 as a clone. Smells like a sweet n sour cleaner. Not 'pine sol', but not 'seabreeze'. Somewhere in between with sour berry behind it. Crack the jar and the room is FUNKY. Similar to sour Diesel, but not 'Fueley', more 'astringent'. Less lemon, more berry. Nice tight nugs, exotic bud structure.

Nice strong (but mello, not sleepy) indica dom high. After I smoke haze, I get the munchies, and end up cleaning the kitchen while my food cooks. Smoke some Spice, and I ain't cooking, let alone cleaning....

Keeper.
Smell, bag appeal: 10
Weight: 7
Speed: 8
Smoke: 8 (scores higher for me, but taste is my thing)

Flowered @ ~10", 3.4l pot of cocomix. HPS/CMH lights, organic nutes (mostly dry). Clones EASY. Tough plant. Have 1 OD @ 41 deg, and it is ~10-14 days into flower. STINKER. Inside and out, she STINKS. Like burning rubber and skunk in veg. The only stinker that I have in veg. (SSH smells, but not at all like weed.) Like you either did a burn out trying to hit a skunk, or locked up the breaks to miss 1...

That thread has a few pix. It is STRONG, happy bud. I just finished a blunt, and I'm nice....:D

Back