slabs of dank 2021

Mixed up a full dose of the blue juice for the hungry hippos. looking for green grass

Being a morning person, I hate daylight savings time. I'm usually up at 430am and the darkness lasts until 7.
Resized_20210330_063335_9266.jpeg

The last of The Doors got moved into the magnum pots. Still 100% on them.
Resized_20210330_064649_1708.jpeg

The starving Spice and Early Queen. I have to be careful and not overfeed cuz itt there on the front right.
Resized_20210330_064814_4840.jpeg

Still watching Lola. I might just use it as a teaching tool to show the mrs how to clone. She still doesn't know how and I have it ready for a couple of dozen clones.
Resized_20210330_064711_27.jpeg

That's all on the green grass. Still not a single one of the last batch of cuz itt have germinated. I've never tried to scuff seed or crack them open by force so kind of lost on these. They've been kept moist on top of very warm heater at 85f to 95f where everything else has been great. Confusing as the seed is fresh and looks fine. I have one last batch of them to try.

slabsofdank, "Being a morning person, I hate daylight savings time. I'm usually up at 430am"

Get up at 430am? Damn! Working with rock bands, we might get to bed at 430am if we go to bed early(a little easier with the pandemic). Everyone keeps vampire hours and I haven't worked with a person with a tan in years and years! ha ha
Tattoo's, yeah. Tans, ha ha!

Longball

My coffee is programmed to be ready by 430am. But I'm usually up starting it earlier. I used to be a vampire too, with a few tattoos. My headbanging days were many from 1976 thru 2016. But I've since parked the harley's and try to live a bit longer. The long hair has long ago turned all gray, the wife is different, but I'm still waking up with green grass around me. Yeah, life is good.
Resized_20210331_074416_9879.jpeg

So to separate them by strain see what is what.
Here are the 12 Spice. They were all topped at the 5th node. Some are already bushing out.
Resized_20210331_073617_7021.jpeg

These 8 here are the Early Queen. One was late to the party but still showed. They are generally smaller than the spice, topped the same.
Resized_20210331_073635_8165.jpeg

These are The Doors f2 testers. Half of them are test batch #1X2 and half are #8X6. They have all been pretty uniform with a surprising indica look to most of them. I was expecting more of a sativa haze look to them.
Resized_20210331_073642_9368.jpeg

The U2 f3 male looking for love in all the wrong places.
Resized_20210331_073703_1884.jpeg

And last is the sole Cuz Itt tester that has sprouted out of the 30ish seed I've tried.
Resized_20210331_073650_3495.jpeg

I'm slowly getting back to feeling normal after my covid vaccine round 1. Damn i have another jab coming up but hope the reaction isn't bad this time. We'll see...later slab

Hello slabsofdank!

I will be growing some Early Queen as soon as it gets warmer up here. Good to see there are a few threads going on about it! I got my second Covid shot Saturday, no reaction to either one! YAY! The lady who gave me the shot told me that people
who have had Covid get a bad reaction when they get the shot. Something about the antibodies? Did you have Covid before? A friend said after his 2nd Pfizer shot he had to take a HUGE shit! But who knows? I wasn't there, thank goodness!

Longball

Hello slabsofdank!

I will be growing some Early Queen as soon as it gets warmer up here. Good to see there are a few threads going on about it! I got my second Covid shot Saturday, no reaction to either one! YAY! The lady who gave me the shot told me that people
who have had Covid get a bad reaction when they get the shot. Something about the antibodies? Did you have Covid before? A friend said after his 2nd Pfizer shot he had to take a HUGE shit! But who knows? I wasn't there, thank goodness!

Longball

You know there may be something to that. We have a friend that knew she had had covid and had about the same reaction to her first dose of the vaccine. And another friends' son had the same thing happen. I know back in January of 2020 I got real bad chest congestion I thought was the flu. I was hanging upside down from my bed to help clear the mucus from my lungs. It was the worst chest congestion I had ever had. This was before I remember anyone even talking about the covid-19. My wife had been to Italy on vacation right before that. I did blame her for bringing home some aircabin flu bug at the time in jest. Then this covid outbreak happened so maybe I was one of the early ones that didn't know it at the time. Who knows? I've never been so sick from a vaccine before though. The shingles vaccine was a tough one as I had pretty heavy chicken pox as a kid. Same kind of post illness reaction to vaccines. Even three weeks later I'm short on stamina and dizzy at times. My damn arm was sore until just a few days ago. Anyways I'm ready to finish up this covid one so hope I have already had the antibody fight. :mad:

I'll watch your Early Queen. She seems to be making a comeback in popularity. It's nice to have something actually finish up before the worry of bad weather sets in.

slabsofdank, "I was hanging upside down from my bed to help.."

Kinky. You must have a very understanding wife!;)

" It's nice to have something actually finish up before the worry of bad weather sets in."

^^^^This^^^^^^ Shanti has often said, "pick a strain that will finish in your climate." Smart man, that Shanti! :)

Longball

Beautiful garden of green grass! Nice1
Thank you sir for dropping by. I hope your quest is successful. I heard a rumor the Devil was looking for roots in the Holy Land.

Well Cousin Itt decided to show his hand early.

Resized_20210401_104308_2172.jpeg
Resized_20210401_104428_1396.jpeg

So far 100% on males. Ha, it's still early. The poor U2 that was saved from the brutal artic blast only to make it until spring. So long friend.
Resized_20210401_104827_4100.jpeg

That leaves me with a few left to look through.
Resized_20210401_104625_5770.jpeg

There's the Spice looking better. Voracious feeder. One is so skunky I almost hurled when I rubbed it.
Resized_20210401_104913_5180.jpeg

The Early Queen is anything but alike. Quite the variety in her. Sweet smells. Some fast growers.
Resized_20210401_104929_7381.jpeg

The Doors f2's are growing fast in the bigger pots and sun. They all got topped at the fourth node. Oops, missed one of them. Looks pretty similar. :)
Resized_20210401_104935_9857.jpeg

Such an impressive grow! Plants are so healthy. Mine look like crap. Looks like last night of frost up here on Cabo del Cod, and I can’t wait to go outside.
What are you feeding? You ph ing that rainwater?
Grow looks fantastic!

Such an impressive grow! Plants are so healthy. Mine look like crap. Looks like last night of frost up here on Cabo del Cod, and I can’t wait to go outside.
What are you feeding? You ph ing that rainwater?
Grow looks fantastic!

Thanks for swinging by. But it's pretty easy using the Jack's Classic. They're on the classic grow 20-20-20 formula now. I have not checked the rain water pH in the large troughs. But I have plenty of it. For now... I've had some light frost the past couple of days myself but the plants haven't been bothered by it.

I have started pulling males out. I always hate that. Some of the best growers turn out to be males. Five of the Spice are not girls and two of the Early Queen, well not today. At least Cuz Itt and Lola have some company. Party up before the end.
Resized_20210402_174657_4766.jpeg

That leaves me with a smaller group to watch of the 7 Spice and 6 Early Queen. Only one Early Queen is showing her private flower so far.
Resized_20210402_174550_8351.jpeg

The Doors f2 test are starting to showing some differences. The 8x6 group have more different characteristics to the group as a whole. More of the expected f2 dispersal of parental traits. Some very wide leafed, some short ones, and little overall sativa dominate looks.
Resized_20210402_174611_1738.jpeg

On the other hand, the 1x2 group look like a group of F1 hybrids. Uniform, strong, vigorous. They have more of the sativa-indica hybrid look to them in my opinion. A couple more sativa leaning.
Resized_20210402_174558_3959.jpeg

They all seem to like the Jack's Classic 20-20-20 at full strength now. We'll see how that goes.

Sorry about the afternoon sun messing with the lighting. The perils of outdoor gardening/photography.

Hey there old chap, hope life finds you happy and high.
Did I miss something? Where did the U2 f3 come from? (I know how babies are made) but don’t remember a male from last year. Was it part of the side yard project I wasn’t hip to?
Doesn’t matter, I’m anxiously awaiting her gender reveal party. Haha haha wtf?!
Is the Mrs. gonna let you plant all those herbs around the house again? I thought last year was a mix of luck and motherly instinct on her part.
Thanks for the thread. Happy growing, I’m subbed

Hey there old chap, hope life finds you happy and high.
Did I miss something? Where did the U2 f3 come from? (I know how babies are made) but don’t remember a male from last year. Was it part of the side yard project I wasn’t hip to?
Doesn’t matter, I’m anxiously awaiting her gender reveal party. Haha haha wtf?!
Is the Mrs. gonna let you plant all those herbs around the house again? I thought last year was a mix of luck and motherly instinct on her part.
Thanks for the thread. Happy growing, I’m subbed

Hey bud, good memory. Yeah that was a lucky exception to my flower beds. I do have some morning glory coming up this year. Dozens of them along the fences and decks. They are just sprouting.
Resized_20210409_091141_4891.jpeg

Sweet peas in the fences. Even trying some of this burpee container sweet corn to see what happens. It would be cool to have fresh sweet corn right on the porch. Some of the roses survived the big freeze.
Resized_20210409_091353_2060.jpeg

and some f4 sunflowers are volunteering to come up. I need to weed those...
Resized_20210409_091359_1202.jpeg

So pretty much kept the garden clean this year. :(

Cilantro, carrots, lettuce, cherry tomato
Resized_20210409_091131_1405.jpeg
mint and chives
Resized_20210409_091300_8899.jpeg

I have a few rows in the dirt. Squash, zucchini, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, onions, garlic, okra.
Resized_20210409_091218_1979.jpeg

The U2 f3's was result of late pulled males. I've found a few on the older preflower sites when harvested buds were separated. I guess some fell and sprouted was only a guess. Anyway, he is no longer with us. Mulched. Along with Cousin Itt and a positive Early Queen male. Still watching a few others to be absolute the early nanners were not just stress produced.

Ah geez, I just reread your earlier post where you had said the f3 was gone already. Sorry bout that.

Garden looks great. I haven’t heard about the patio corn, does it fertilize itself better without the usual large number of plants required for corn?
I got a cool species of variegated morning glory seeds from Japan I can send if you’re a big morning glory guy. Some ‘Purple Pussy vine’ (Clitoria ternatea) as well, they’re really neat, makes a great ingest-able blue dye.
I got two rows of strawberries producing right now, the ‘maters and squash/zuc/cukes are just getting rolling. I don’t plant Okra till later in the summer when most of the garden is fried from fungus/mildews.
I planted a raised bed full of carrots a few weeks before the ice age, only one lonely carrot was able to pull through. Should let it go to seed, I know it’s cold tolerant 😉.
Cannabis plants look amazing, I’m really interested in Spice. Doors F2 sound nice too, I’d hunt the haziest and trash the rest but I’m limited on space. Are you worried about the Early plants staying in flower?
Always fun chatting and learning from you, take care.

Back