slabs of dank 2021

slabsofdank

2021 COE Winner
Hello friends. What a freaking year we are going into. I guess it's as good a time to start making lemonade as ever. First up will be bell pepper, cherry tomato, beefsteak tomato, and broccoli.
Resized_20210220_074850_332.jpeg

Resized_20210221_073058_6222.jpeg

The other thing I have growing at the moment is a little f3 U2 that popped up around Christmas 2020. I dug it up and pinched out the top. Still don't know the sex but it is a hardy little thing putting out growth horizontally. Perfect. Hope it's a girl!
Resized_20210220_074711_3143.jpeg

I'm still undecided on my summer plans. I've decided on some Early Queen, Early Skunk Haze, and a couple of test grows of hazes. Each will get a dozen seeds to attempt first germination and go from there. Randomness is welcome just keep it cordial and green. Come along for the ride.

I’m growing some Early Queen now. I will make clones in April. I’m going to try to put them out as like foot tall plants mid June to control size.

People say clone finish quicker. Personally, I don’t believe that. To me flowering is a genetic trait counts the hours of day light.
But, Im looking forward to testing that theory.
Size is not an issue at my garden. It’s that humid rainy stagnant august and September with the cool nights

People say clone finish quicker. Personally, I don’t believe that. To me flowering is a genetic trait counts the hours of day light.
Size is not an issue at my garden. It’s that humid rainy stagnant august and September with the cool nights
Topping the eq works very well 👌 she seemed to love it last time I grew her

Topping the eq works very well 👌 she seemed to love it last time I grew her

The growth is almost all horizontal on this one. I'll get some fresh pictures when I check on them. I look back and think how even covered it probably wouldn't have survived the -6f temperatures we had. I lost all of my rose bushes, a twelve year old rosemary bush, and a poor old momma cow that slipped on the ice and got down.

But things are greening up now that the ice and snow are gone. The tomato, okra, brocolli, and bell peppers are up. The cilantro, squash, and zuccini are planted. Some melons and flowers will be next. Looking for some healthy delicious food this summer.

Still no sign of Cousin Itt. Dropped an auction of Early Queen and Spice into a glass of water. 9 of the 18 Early Queen sank right away. The EQ were dark and similar is size and shape, with a couple smaller ones. None of the 18 Spice seed sank right away. The Spice seed are rather light and pale with a couple even olive greenish in color. The size and shape is irregular with dark mottled spots on most. A few dark ones are smaller than the lighter speckled ones. Both packs are late 2020 auctions.

Resized_20210228_170049_4852.jpeg
Resized_20210228_170425_881.jpeg

Resized_20210228_170937_3926.jpeg

After 12 hours in glass all but one EQ and two Spice seeds sank. That was encouraging so onto paper towel for next step. Hazes are up next. :cool:

The growth is almost all horizontal on this one. I'll get some fresh pictures when I check on them. I look back and think how even covered it probably wouldn't have survived the -6f temperatures we had. I lost all of my rose bushes, a twelve year old rosemary bush, and a poor old momma cow that slipped on the ice and got down.

But things are greening up now that the ice and snow are gone. The tomato, okra, brocolli, and bell peppers are up. The cilantro, squash, and zuccini are planted. Some melons and flowers will be next. Looking for some healthy delicious food this summer.

Still no sign of Cousin Itt. Dropped an auction of Early Queen and Spice into a glass of water. 9 of the 18 Early Queen sank right away. The EQ were dark and similar is size and shape, with a couple smaller ones. None of the 18 Spice seed sank right away. The Spice seed are rather light and pale with a couple even olive greenish in color. The size and shape is irregular with dark mottled spots on most. A few dark ones are smaller than the lighter speckled ones. Both packs are late 2020 auctions.

View attachment 49754
View attachment 49755

View attachment 49756

After 12 hours in glass all but one EQ and two Spice seeds sank. That was encouraging so onto paper towel for next step. Hazes are up next. :cool:
How it begins

Oh that would be shanti spreading this information.. I have a feeling he knows his plants and how his clones finish...cloned plants don’t take as long to go into flower.. With a mango haze, this could save a couple of weeks ;)

The only time clones are faster is if the mother plant was put under 12/12 before its fully mature imo.
(Prior to 6 weeks from germination)

Jeez, all this time I thought it was the difference between germination and growing to clone size. Silly me.

🤙Mu

Jeez, all this time I thought it was the difference between germination and growing to clone size. Silly me.

🤙Mu
That’s what we are talking about. Flipping clones 12/12 v seed plants.. umm, not sure what else they could be quicker than.. imagine you could flip clone mother’s, 6 gen until you have a 12weeker finished before putting into flower lmfao...

Last edited:
Damn, almost all of the Spice have popped tails in 24 hrs and several of the Early Queen have. No worries about those light colored Spice seeds. yeehaw, here we go...into the soil my little ones.
Light colored means little . Some strains just do it. I have actually seen the cover over the seed (perianth I think its called) come off and under it was a clear unmarked seed. And I have heard the white seeds actually sprout quicker . I guess because the water penetrates quicker because of a lack of covering.

Back