Skunkle Lenny’s MKS search

I just finished replicating the 7 weeker through feminization. I got more seeds than I’ll ever need with the ultimate plan to run a complete grow of 10 or 12 to see how consistent the Fems are and if any more stand out.
We’ll see if I ever get to that project though, due to all these fun strains from Mr. Nice 😊

Last summer I said:
“I just finished replicating the 7 weeker through feminization. I got more seeds than I’ll ever need with the ultimate plan to run a complete grow of 10 or 12 to see how consistent the Fems are and if any more stand out. We’ll see if I ever get to that project though, due to all these fun strains from Mr. Nice 😊
Well, while not popping 10-12, I did pop a handful and took the strongest 4 to grow outdoors to see if they’ll finish b4 the September rain.
Soaked them back in mid-March and put outside in early May.
IMG_2944.jpeg
2 are in 5g pots, 2 planted into raised garden bed.
IMG_2938.jpeg
I also have 3 “Early Walkers” and 4 Autos in pots, including an Auto Gelato from Shantiseeds store, far back:
IMG_2945.jpeg
Let’s see how I do this season. Last years Sept rains ruined 50% of a big bushy Early Skunk. This year I’m spraying weekly, ensuring good airflow and shaking water off plants. Also have a 4x4 tent if needed.

🤞

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpeg
    IMG_2944.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 2
☮️ Plants are loving the heat and little rain.
IMG_3377.jpeg
4 MKS are in the galvanized raised bed along with tomatoes. Taking my time erecting canopy for the Fall rains during bud time.
IMG_3380.jpeg
Walkabout is in the large black bucket front L. There is 1 small plant in the front which started flowering weeks ago and stopped growing at 12”. Other 2 Walkabout appear to be starting pre-flowers🤞I need the quick finishing version I extended. But it’s only the first group of seeds I made from the early finisher so I would expect inconsistency.
IMG_3378.jpeg
I’m also running some auto flowers on the table and just harvested a Shantibaba Seeds Auto Gelato at 90 days. It was only about 2 feet tall with fluffy buds, but very colorful and aromatic. Nice quick run👍

The other auto flowers are from a long time breeder from California, that has an inconsistent reputation that I can confirm. Very poor germination rates and their auto flowers are extremely inconsistent. For example, I’ve never grown this in my life:

IMG_3364.jpeg
IMG_3367.jpeg
The Cali rep I emailed confirmed it’s the Ruderalis genetic used to make the Auto.
Seems to me that they have not done enough generations to stabilize the strain for distribution to customers. Sure, it was free promo seeds, but I don’t expect to waste time and resources for a Ruderalis.
BTW, even their ‘legacy’ seeds had very poor germ rates.
I feel like mother cannabis is teaching me a lesson for deviating from Shanti seeds and falling for a 420 promotion😂😂

MKS foresome all in one the raised bed. 2 planted in it, 2 in containers moved in.
Days of rain a coming(Txs Debby), so I figured it was a good opportunity to try out the removable canopy cover and see how it handles wind and rain.
IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3825.jpeg
This pheno is the Queen 👸. Big stem and branches ready to pack in on.

IMG_3828.jpeg
Bent the top a month ago as it was getting too tall.
IMG_3833.jpeg

IMG_3835.jpeg
Pre-flowering has started. Created these seeds due to its 7 week Mother, so 🤞they’ll finish b4 CROPTOBER 😊

"Created these seeds due to its 7 week Mother, so 🤞they’ll finish b4 CROPTOBER 😊 Let's hope that works. 🤞

Nice looking plants, Skuncle Lenny.

That plastic could turn into a para-sail in a strong wind. Is there some way to vent it? Like a roof ridge vent so that the air is not captured like a sail? We pretty much get the same storms. During one of those storms I thought setting the plants right next to the garage would block wind and rain. Perhaps it helped with the wind but the torrential rain runoff from the roof flattened the plants. Never again.

Of course there is the let's hope for the best method. All things considered, these plants got very little damage.

P1050794.JPGOther Half P1050797.JPG

Longball

I agree with the structure concerns and is literally why I’m trying this now, b4 real bud time.
I made this so it is easy to pull up an over to secure and then to remove.
I recall that photo you show and the strength those plants showed.
If we don’t fiddle with our grows it would get monotonous 😂😂😂
🤞

We pretty much have the same weather. I get 'your' storms a number of hours later. If I come up with 'the plan' I'll certainly pass it on. For wind, so far stakes have been the best, or tying the plants to the deck. With gale force winds I also wrap them in plant netting for the storm. The storm in the picture above was right after my arm surgery. My only choices were to pray or hope for the best. I hoped for the best and got it. No broken branches and the plants grew another 2-3 feet.

Due to all the mold in the area keeping plants covered from rain and morning dew is the name of the game. I usually shake the dew off in the morning. For rain I'll shake the plant and sometimes use a leaf blower to dry the plant. And check for mold every day. Yesterday, a friend who gets a lot of mold in his area said he had a plant last year that was fine on Tuesday and Wednesday he found mold top to bottom! Then it happened to a few more of his plants. I think he lost 5 of 9.

"Debby is expected to produce potentially historic rainfall totals of 10 to 20 inches, with maximum amounts of 25 inches, bringing areas of catastrophic flooding across portions of southeast Georgia, the eastern half of South Carolina, and southeast North Carolina through Friday," the Miami-based hurricane center said ..

It's lightly raining here.

Good Luck!

Thanks to LB’s “good luck” wish, I was spared 🤙
Set up worked as planned. The grommets with small bungee cords secured tight and no parasailing 🪂 (cleaned up cover post pic)
IMG_3899.jpeg
MKS big bush will need staking, probably for each branch. Pre-flowering/flowering has started. Just hit 14hrs sunlight:
IMG_3918.jpeg

IMG_3920.jpeg
MKS adjacent is also planted directly in the raised bed and is fortunately at the same status:
IMG_3923.jpeg
2 more behind these in 5 gallon containers placed in the bed. Adding Skuncle Lenny’s SuperDuper Flowering mix to supercharge 😂
🕺🧑‍🌾🌞

Thanks to LB’s “good luck” wish, I was spared 🤙
Set up worked as planned. The grommets with small bungee cords secured tight and no parasailing 🪂 (cleaned up cover post pic)

I have a tent and the top has small, grommet bungee cords. It works pretty good in the wind. I wonder if it is the bungee cords stretching and allowing air to pass through helps keep it from being a parasail? :unsure:

Longball

I’ve been seeing multiple postings of pink buds hair. 👍👍👍
All 4 of the MKS are throwing pinkies, though still early.
I moved the 2 buckets out of the raised bed, as they weren’t getting enough sun being blocked by the two taller plants. These 2 are 5’ each.
IMG_4198.jpeg
IMG_4199.jpeg
They are very happy with their move and show their appreciation by throwing pink pistols.

IMG_4215.jpeg
IMG_4219.jpeg
The 2 and the raised bed are doing beautifully. The big bush in the foreground is 74” tall and 48” wide. Budding is really developing. It’s neighbor to the right was bent on due to height early on and altogether is 84”. Droopy stuff is dying tomatoes
IMG_4202.jpeg
IMG_4213.jpeg
Not bad bud development for August 27th.

🤙

Looking healthy, Skuncle Lenny. Almost every strain of MNS I've grown have shown the propensity for pink pistils. Don't see it near as much from other breeders. According to a friend who would know about such things( he listens to Coast-to-Coast AM nightly) It is the result of a mating with a cultigen from a galaxy far, far, away.

A friend whose info is much less reliable says that these colors come about because of chemical changes. Instead of carotenoids, red and pink shades are caused by flavonoid pigments called anthocyanins. These are the same molecules responsible for the striking colors of blueberries, red onions, cherries, and red cabbage. Sounds like the kind of bullshit the gubmit feeds ya!

"The distinct pink pistil color is enhanced by the environmental growing factors." Warning, NSFW - words like cultivar are used in this article!
https://www.whitethornvalleyfarm.com/blog/cultivars

Here's hoping for a dry September, Skuncle Lenny! :)

Longball

Last edited:
Purple stigmas are not that common in my experience especially indoors.
I have had plants from Mr Nice that were not purple inside but go purple outside.
Cold weather conditions can promote the purple pigment in leaves and stigmas
All the Best

Last edited:
I actually agree with both of you.
We have had a constant run of 50° nighttime temperatures earlier than usual, IMO triggers those plants that have the purple/pink cannabinoid/terpene/flavanoid properties.
My garage grows can go into early December and the cold temps have triggered some nice purple/dark buds historically.
We’ll see if these pistols turn into colorful buds outdoors in September 🤞

Back