SkunkHaze grow spring 2013

stonesplitter

I started these 10 seedlings from 10 seeds from an MNS auction win pack. They all came up within 12 hours of each other. Transplanted at 2 wks to the tub (5o L/10gal) here shown at 3 wks.
Medium: promix with mychorizae, feeding just started organic tea.
Lighting veg: window and flourescent.Light flower:1000w hps
intended veg period: 8wks
5 in each tub, expect about 2-3 males per tub to be pulled , but time will tell.
These seedlings are very uniform in height, some distinct leaf shapes already showing. One extreme fat leaf type in middle of one tub and thin leaf type in middle of other tub .Just for fun:)

Attachments

• SANY1162skaze 3wks A.jpg
    SANY1162skaze 3wks A.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 32
  • SANY1161Skaze 3wks B.jpg
    SANY1161Skaze 3wks B.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
It looks like you've got your hands full!
MKS x10
Dreamtime x 4
NHS x ?

Plus your own seeds and now the CBD#3 !

Give me a call if you need help burning some of that! :)

hi stonesplitter;
those sprouts sure look like they're keen to get green!
I love skunky smells and oily smoke...hope you get stuck with a real heavy duty water-your-eyes-up-like-you-were-chopping-an-onion!
They tend to have such a complicated sweetnesses
p.s.I won some skunkhaze beans of my own in the auctions...would it be o.k. with you if I mooched for space on your thread or should I start my own?
(bye for now,gosh whatta beatiful day outside today,eh?):)J.

skunkhaze

Thanks for joining in, yes quite a selection of MNS going now. Only this thread and one on the 4 NHS so far and the CBD3 will be coming within a month. Starting seeds for outdoor as well now..have to keep up on acclimatization:)
Tapioca feel free to post here but you might want to do your own thread if you're gonna run a few, nice to see different methods. Mine are simple but work for me!

Last edited:
i like the tub!!

Do you usually grow in this type of set up?

Im about to flower some SSH and will be growing two per 18 gal tote. I cannot wait. I usually keep my containers small but i feel like Ive been stressing them so im going to give it a shot in a much larger container.

Tubs

Gambler, Highly recommend it. I worked my way up in size over the years. THe big tubs require less watering and give tons of room for roots. two or one plant per tub gives huge results. YOu will lose some time after transplanting to them as the roots go nuts. I usually germinate right in the tubs as this will always give the best result in the end. Transplanting is a shock even though a good one in most cases... THe other thing with the square tubs is they fit tightly together and have handles which make them easy to move.. Good luck!:)

skunkhaze

Thanks for asking Toolwrenchus ! Just got back from a 2 week trip and they have vegged just fine while away. I'll upload pics within a day or two. On the smells, they are stinkier than most seedlings and I expect they will make quite a smell when they get into flowering.
Yes the real beauty of the tubs is that they can be left for 2 weeks with no fear of drying out.:cool:

Hey Stonesplitter. That's a killer idea. It never would have occurred to me to grow in tubs. I can't believe you can leave for 2 weeks and not have to water. What about drainage issues and fungus? I will be super interested to follow your post. BTW, I can't remember where I saw your photo of that sweet back stairway or mini porch or whatever it was you built but dude... you have some serious stone splitting/setting skills. Let me know if you ever feel like getting out to the beaches and the ocean for a little tuna or lobster fishing. I think we could probably work out a deal...:):D:):D

I love the idea of tubs. I was thinking about a Hempy style pit grow. Good luck with the babies. I am interested in the SH.

skunkhaze in tubs

Thanks all, yes highly recommend tubs to all groweres. leave them watertight and don't overwater but they will do fine and requires alot less watering. If I notice any mould on soil surface I just stir it up and as always good airflow. I generally start with five plants in each four at corners and one in middle. Seems crowded but we know one or two from each tub will be a male and get pulled. Always seems to work out.
Heres a pic of the 10 skunkhaze in tubs prior to going into 12/12 , they are alot bigger now and 2 males pulled, one kept outside and two of the remaining very tall and hazy looking one pushing 6 feet with real nice big sativa leaves, the others nice skunkier type stature. Aromas not so strong yet but flowers developing fast. will try to get some updated pics this weekend.
Highly recommend this strain. I got 10 of 10 germ rate and looks like 8 of 10 females. Also really like the diversity of phenos. Something for everyone :D

Hey Caveman, thanks for compliment. Heres another pic of stonework this spring.. yah drop me anywhere with stone and I'll build something:cool:

Attachments

• SANY1253.jpg
    SANY1253.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 42
Skunkhaze update : Flowering at 4 wks 12/12

Hello all MNS growers / fans ! This strain is great!
First I got 10 for 10 germ rate , now I have only 2 males pulled and some real nice mixed bunch of girls budding. One extreme haze leaning pheno is huge , one other haze dominant with 10 nodes also impressive . The remainder a mix mostly more skunk leaning phenos . Extreme size difference as you can see but what an interesting seed offering. The aromas are noticeably skunky and piney -lemon fruit here and there. These are big plants with 8-10 nodes , I look forward to a bountiful harvest of great variety!:D
Photos from left 4 girls Nice big one at back haze dom , skunk dom either side.Middle photo hazy pheno to right small pheno to left of it Dreamtime far left , cropped revegged keeper behind. Right photo the lanky haze dom girl , impressive . Very happy with the selection of phenos here. I highly recommend this strain.

Attachments

• SANY1321.JPG
    SANY1321.JPG
    853 KB · Views: 66
  • SANY1323.jpg
    SANY1323.jpg
    973 KB · Views: 48
  • SANY1315.jpg
    SANY1315.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
skunkhaze 2 put outdoors

Thanks Gambler, yes they wild ! Just put two overshaded ones , the smallest in the tubs , outside. They are a little droopy now after the change.Luckily overcast now so as long as nothing eats them...

Attachments

• SANY1338.jpg
    SANY1338.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SANY1334.jpg
    SANY1334.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 13
Back