Skunk haze has begun 12/12!

Looks nice. I just found a female of this strain as well. I put it into the flowering room too early though.
I was thinking I should put it back to veg now as there is nothing even to take clones from.
I thought I was saving time but it looks like I was wasting it a bit in my impatience to get things moving.
Looking forward to hearing what you think of the final product. (y)

Looks nice. I just found a female of this strain as well. I put it into the flowering room too early though.
I was thinking I should put it back to veg now as there is nothing even to take clones from.
I thought I was saving time but it looks like I was wasting it a bit in my impatience to get things moving.
Looking forward to hearing what you think of the final product. (y)
Sucks but it happens, luckily you get like 15+ beans per pack. My two phenos have not been digging my veg conditions so much and ideally wouldā€™ve flipped this one a little larger. I think this next pheno will be better than this!

root aphids are abysmal, I did the bad thing to get rid of them. used systemics on my moms, and did the good thing. 120 degree F water soil flushes for all the leftover soil from non poisoned plants. Your plants look wonderful for having such an insidious pest.

root aphids are abysmal, I did the bad thing to get rid of them. used systemics on my moms, and did the good thing. 120 degree F water soil flushes for all the leftover soil from non poisoned plants. Your plants look wonderful for having such an insidious pest.
Thank you, it has not been an easy road. About four different kinds of bugs and six kinds of essential oils and three bio fungicideā€˜s later, donā€™t forget neem karanja oil and aloe juiceā€¦ One of the things that really helps my no till living soil parts that I flower in is the layer of sand I put on top. Hard to have good cover crops with the sand layer but it stops the little fuckers from having an easy entry.

Thank you, it has not been an easy road. About four different kinds of bugs and six kinds of essential oils and three bio fungicideā€˜s later, donā€™t forget neem karanja oil and aloe juiceā€¦ One of the things that really helps my no till living soil parts that I flower in is the layer of sand I put on top. Hard to have good cover crops with the sand layer but it stops the little fuckers from having an easy entry.
you're welcome!
the sand and bio controls only control root aphids. karanja oil and neem oil only have a small window of opportunity to kill them. you very well could still have root aphids, but not have them able to get old enough to molt into flight form. root aphids, unlike fungus gnats, will happily survive under the sand layer and eat roots.

you're welcome!
the sand and bio controls only control root aphids. karanja oil and neem oil only have a small window of opportunity to kill them. you very well could still have root aphids, but not have them able to get old enough to molt into flight form. root aphids, unlike fungus gnats, will happily survive under the sand layer and eat roots.
Yeah the neem is mostly for the spider mites but does slow down the repro of the aphids. They can spread much quicker without the sand, most of the adult forms live above the surface layer and the younger live below. The rove beetles give them a hell of a time and have taken over almost all my pots feeding on them non stop. Also have hypoapsis mites and green lacewings; beauvaria bass, met 52. Use bronners rose and citrus alternating feedings. I also use a hefty dose of agave nectar almost all my feedings. Sugar really pisses them off (the excrete sugar/chalky residue). There was a time not long after I got them where all my plants were suffering and everything seems to be doing A-OK in my flower room now. They are definitely still here but their impact is negligible at this point at least in my flower pots.

Yeah the neem is mostly for the spider mites but does slow down the repro of the aphids. They can spread much quicker without the sand, most of the adult forms live above the surface layer and the younger live below. The rove beetles give them a hell of a time and have taken over almost all my pots feeding on them non stop. Also have hypoapsis mites and green lacewings; beauvaria bass, met 52. Use bronners rose and citrus alternating feedings. I also use a hefty dose of agave nectar almost all my feedings. Sugar really pisses them off (the excrete sugar/chalky residue). There was a time not long after I got them where all my plants were suffering and everything seems to be doing A-OK in my flower room now. They are definitely still here but their impact is negligible at this point at least in my flower pots.
Right now I am currently growing the best plants that Iā€™ve grown in the past two years and super happy about it. There is hope with these little fuckers. You may have to drop like 2-300 bucks on fighting them though LOL.

Right now I am currently growing the best plants that Iā€™ve grown in the past two years and super happy about it. There is hope with these little fuckers. You may have to drop like 2-300 bucks on fighting them though LOL.
Last thing, I really think the sheer size of my living soil pots really helps the fight in my favor. They are 25-30 gallon. I have seen others say that most of the time they will feed on decaying material and not always the plant. I have seen them both on roots and nowhere near roots so I think thats accurate.

Last thing, I really think the sheer size of my living soil pots really helps the fight in my favor. They are 25-30 gallon. I have seen others say that most of the time they will feed on decaying material and not always the plant. I have seen them both on roots and nowhere near roots so I think thats accurate.
the thing with living soil is that you do not just get predator mites, you get nematodes, protozoa, you get all kinds of enzymes and hormones made by fungus, bacteria, and archea that cant form in a synthetic w/ bacterial cultures and fungal spores added system. so yes it helps, but for a garden my size, to win with bio controls, like I was trying to, had already cost me abut 700 USD and I was only controlingto where they weren't killing my crop. once I got the harvest out, I upped the dosage of Mycotrol(beuvariana bassiana sporres) to double strength, and added the same amount of predator mites as I would to 3x as much soil to my living plants, and I was still seeing flight form root aphids on my traps after a month. and still wasn't seeing much progress after a month. so I Did hat I had to do to save Mac 1 caps cut, and my stanky MNS ands Bad Dawg mothers.

I didnā€™t remove 1/2 the fan leaves. I removed a few from the inside of the plant because I get terrible light penetration with these LEDs. You have a point though. Itā€™s finally starting to stretch a little but think it lost some vigor in veg.

Thats quite unusual. I remember the skunk x haze C in alot of phenos used to keep stretching well into flower. They used to cause me a headache especially with some of the first batches of skunk used. Even from what ive seen from shanti the skunk haze usually does very well. I wonder if your root system hasn't grown in those huge pots properly yet.

the thing with living soil is that you do not just get predator mites, you get nematodes, protozoa, you get all kinds of enzymes and hormones made by fungus, bacteria, and archea that cant form in a synthetic w/ bacterial cultures and fungal spores added system. so yes it helps, but for a garden my size, to win with bio controls, like I was trying to, had already cost me abut 700 USD and I was only controlingto where they weren't killing my crop. once I got the harvest out, I upped the dosage of Mycotrol(beuvariana bassiana sporres) to double strength, and added the same amount of predator mites as I would to 3x as much soil to my living plants, and I was still seeing flight form root aphids on my traps after a month. and still wasn't seeing much progress after a month. so I Did hat I had to do to save Mac 1 caps cut, and my stanky MNS ands Bad Dawg mothers.
did you end up cloning everything and just kill all the plants?

Well, the mites got the better of this plant. Even so I was really impressed with the smoke. Nice alert high. I have the second pheno going now started about a week ago. I will update photos here soon.

Sorry for the delay, I was having troubles logging in. This second pheno is unreal. I thought there was something special about itā€¦.going on 6 weeks in flower right now. Have a small bud pollinated with a real seed co Lebanese for R&D purposesā€¦ this one is also staying pretty squat but itā€™s probably from neglect in veg while in a cold area... my backed up clone seems to have some crazy vigor so will veg the next one out to at least double the size (~2 1/2 ft). My skunk haze #2 as I call it, has a background smell similar to the other (like a typical haze smell), but in the foreground there is this amazing candy sweetness starting and there is certainly some all around foot/BO funkiness all around it. This plant structurally really reminds me of the cough crosses Iā€™ve grown. It is also growing right beside Mel Frankā€™s Jack Herer which has pretty similar lineage (as discussed in previous MNS thread about Jack Herer.)E306E424-6BF4-4878-85E2-DC90E76F52D1.jpeg7EB29021-4C9F-4211-9D26-2FF381B2E712.jpeg9FD0152F-6EC6-47C9-AE1D-D60B60404C28.jpeg

Last edited:
Back