Shanti's Gift a Mango Haze story

Apollo

Few years ago , during my birthday, I was trying to bid Mangohz ibl and the price in every auction was rising and rising I was unable to follow up,some big wallet where in the game, in some point the bid had surpassed the 400 euros.
Can you believe it ?400 euros for 15 seeds.

But If you have trust in the magic that surrounding us, magical thinks will always happen.

Happy birthday to me :love: I got the seeds Thanks to MNS crew :love:and in 3 years time they have been back crossed 2 times with the same father, and 2 times with the new father.

The selection was done strictly based on the looks, the structure, the quickness and the aroma in the stem

Dad number one

5leaf  mangohaze S2  ibl male .jpg
'Dad number 2IMG_20230714_215159.jpg

Beautifull Apollo!:love:
Very impressive plants, resins are extraordinary.:alien:

Some things I would like to know:
-How do these plants smell? Is there any smell that carries on in the next genereations?
-How long do these flower?
-And most important, how do these smoke?

Thx for answering.:)

Nice work you've done over the years, shows that you are really committed and found something special!

Greetings.

Beautifull Apollo!:love:
Very impressive plants, resins are extraordinary.:alien:
Thank you @Swifty:love: if you get impressed, that means the world to me man :love:.

I loved them, talked to them, kept them company and take care of them
All are full organic and Vegan :love:

This about the resinous plants, If you notice all my other plants also have this extreme resin production.

I dont know how exactly I do it. but this is what happens always with the males I select.

soil bio bizz light mix
2 weeks 18-6 in red cups no food that why a bit def in the start
sanlight Q1 50 watt dimmed at 40 watt

transplant in 8 liter pots move to schedule 12h15 min night -11h 45 min night
135 watt quantum Hlg red and cob led 65 watt 3500k all leds at max out put but at least 60 cm from the canopy the distance.
temperatures in average 27,5 c
Humidity 60- 65 end flowering 40-50

start feeding
week 1: bio grow 1ml / Bio bloom 1ml / 0,5 ml Top max
week 2 :bio grow 1ml / Bio bloom 1ml / 0,5 ml Top max
week 3: bio cal mag 1ml only- second watering stooping bio grow, Bio bloom 1ml / 1 ml Top max
week4: Bio bloom 2/ 1 ml Top max
week5 Bio bloom 2ml / 1 ml Top max
week6 :Bio bloom 2ml / 1 ml Top max
week7: bio Cal mag 1 ml only second watering Bio bloom 3ml / 1 ml Top max
week8 Bio bloom 3ml / 1 ml Top max( adding some fresh soil on top of the pots
week 9 Bio bloom 4ml / 3 ml Top max
the super resinous one with the fox tails finished just before week 10.
week 10 bio cal mag Bio bloom 3ml / 3 ml Top max
week 11 Bio bloom 0ml / 4 ml Top max
week 12 Bio bloom 3ml / 1 ml Top max
week13 water light food
week 14 one watering harvest before soil gets dried out.

One isolated pheno that is not included went week 16+.and was heavy cal mag eater
each plant had a bit different feeding schedule, all where light feeders , this was just the base line of their feeding schedules.
I also used some beneficial bacteria and spider might predators.

Some things I would like to know:
-How do these plants smell? Well I very bad to describe smells every time I will explain it a bit differently :ROFLMAO: there is this base smell and taste in all mango phenos

Lets call this the haze taste or smell then each pheno had a bit different peak in the terpenes .
The faster ones that went 9 to 9,5 weeks where the most pungent and super resinus one smelled like night flower , coca cola like smell
One had the pine tree edge
and the other this Jack here fruity taste all very very strong.
You can work , you can take care all your daily cores you can sleep is the perfect strain
Is Shanti's Gift !!!!!

there any smell that carries on in the next genereations? Yes the first father what ever he touched reduced the flowering time and passed that night flower , coca cola like smell.

But here is the secret for finding the Throwbacks in Haze crosses : After 2 crosses with the same father I switched father and I used the s4 one this had as a results to bring back
some diversity but alot of vigor, increased resin production and and weight.
Is like traveling back in time and be able bring back the original champions to your garden and select from.

-How long do these flower? the faster ones 9.5 weeks to 14 weeks
-And most important, how do these smoke? I only Vape and they have a thick filling clouds all the time

This is a very serious and medicinal strain is the One Piece for me.

I hope this helps 🙏

Last edited:
Beautiful.
Thank you 🙏
Absolutely lovely specimens. Do you happen to know how far into flowering those males pictured were?
Thank you brother . 🙏 Yes was around 5 to 6 week
It's nice to see your work @Apollo.
Inspiring mate. I just won my first pack of MH and this has got me all excited 😊
Thanks Mate 🙏Im always inspired of your work . You have the sun on your side Hard to beat your work.

Last edited:
Thank you Apollo for sharing this.:)

The Mango line is indeed special, been testing early samples and so far I'm very pleased.

You did catch my atention by mentioning Coca-Cola smells, had a strain called Pepsi from north of Holland a good 20 years ago and it was one of the best I had.
It tasted cola-like and it had a wonderfull strong up high with lots of euphoria. It did remind of haze. Was only a short time available.
I read that this could be found in The Doors also, it was one of the reasons I bought them.

You can work , you can take care all your daily cores you can sleep is the perfect strain
Is Shanti's Gift !!!!!
Perfect name for this!

You stimulate me to make lots of seeds next year, hope I had good males like you did.

This is a very serious and medicinal strain is the One Piece for me.
🙏

Thank you Apollo for sharing this.:)

The Mango line is indeed special, been testing early samples and so far I'm very pleased.

You did catch my atention by mentioning Coca-Cola smells, had a strain called Pepsi from north of Holland a good 20 years ago and it was one of the best I had.
It tasted cola-like and it had a wonderfull strong up high with lots of euphoria. It did remind of haze. Was only a short time available.
I read that this could be found in The Doors also, it was one of the reasons I bought them.

Perfect name for this!

You stimulate me to make lots of seeds next year, hope I had good males like you did.

🙏
Oh I Forgot this Mango makes you forget answer :love:

Thanks for kind words mate .This coca cola thing was apparently disappeared during curing and developed , more Hazy medicine like smell Very strong.

When Shanti answered my question on what is his favorite strains.
Immediately I was like "thats it i will commit my time to this strain is the Gift he made to us all" , also was my birthday the time I took the seeds in discounted price.
So yeah the name born itself in a nice way :cool:.

Make as many seeds possible this staff is pure gold, I mean make 10000 is you can.
When I have time I will make so photos form all the seeds produced from different mangos ibl .

Awesome grow and write up, @Apollo! :love: No worries, matey! If I miss Captain's Brown's boat ⛵☠️, then at the next high tide I will swim 🏊‍♂️ over there! Won't miss this for all the mangoes in India!
Thanks @longball .
If you miss the boat :cool: me and captain @Mr. Brown we will send the most pretty and mighty mermaid🧜‍♀️ of the seven seas to guide back you to us.

Last edited:
Special characteristics are the spiky leaves and the very first set of real leaves are always 3 and are all shown in early stages,View attachment DSC02629.JPGView attachment MangoHz s4 aka Shantis Gift.JPGView attachment MangoHz Taika.JPG this two clues they always lead to extreme resin production.
Look at those sugar leaves, totally encased in crystals! That'd be a great line for Sativa loving home growers. Put all that trim to good use and have some nice hash. Might help offset the slightly longer flower time for hesitant indica growers, more overal yield.

Truly beautiful plants.

Back