Sacred Cacti

As far as San Pedro goes, if I'm interested in eventually reaping the rewards, is it worthwhile starting by seed or should it be from cuts? Are there any others worth starting by seed?

Last edited:
They have a unique spore color, which makes them easy to identify vs others. That's what I learned about 30 years ago, when I was picking our local Liberty Caps
Yes psilocybes have all Black or dark purple spore print...
There are not dangerous look alike for liberty caps (psilocybes semilanceata)...but psilocybes cyanescens or azurescens can be mistaken with galerinas marginata that are 100% deadly (contain same toxins than amanitas phaloids or virosa)...so be sure of what You're doing if you plan to pick theses.

Yes psilocybes have all Black or dark purple spore print...
There are not dangerous look alike for liberty caps (psilocybes semilanceata)...but psilocybes cyanescens or azurescens can be mistaken with galerinas marginata that are 100% deadly (contain same toxins than amanitas phaloids or virosa)...so be sure of what You're doing if you plan to pick theses.
Psilocybes are the only ones with that colour spore print, aren't they?

As far as San Pedro goes, if I'm interested in eventually reaping the rewards, is it worthwhile starting by seed or should it be from cuts? Are there any others worth starting by seed?
Cuts are easier and faster to start, but if you have a bunch of seeds and can bring them to maturity at some point you'll reach critical mass and you'll also have some diversity.

Both. LOL
I lost nine-tenths of my cactus during snowpocalypse 2021... almost all my San Pedro. I have most of the torch though. I need more San Pedro so I can try grafting the Lophophora so I can speed those up and propagate some of them.

10A6E58E-AE23-473D-B12F-8CFE859D6C71.jpeg
Hi all, been a while.
Two different hits of acid in the freezer. I have tried the batch on the left, gorgeous stuff. The hit in the right came from the same source. I didn’t think anything of it ‘till i had the other to compare it agsinst. I called him and he said “oh yeah, it’s a third bigger, careful”
Glad I asked.
Sunny festival day today. Things are looking bright

View attachment 60431
Hi all, been a while.
Two different hits of acid in the freezer. I have tried the batch on the left, gorgeous stuff. The hit in the right came from the same source. I didn’t think anything of it ‘till i had the other to compare it agsinst. I called him and he said “oh yeah, it’s a third bigger, careful”
Glad I asked.
Sunny festival day today. Things are looking bright
That's more than a third bigger. Careful. :)

All this talk of cacti got me thinking, and these arrived a week later
PXL_20220521_214814121_copy_1008x756.jpg
San Pedro and the smaller one is a Peruvian torch. Ordered some peyote seeds yesterday, I'll grow them with my indoor grows. I picked these ones

1 L.Williamsii var. texana from Texas
L.Williamsii var. caespitosa
from LaPerdida
3L.Williamsii var. Menchaca
from Coahuila

Back