Rza Lab

Rza

Wasn't sure where to put this thread, but this looks as good of a spot as any.

Currently have an indoor 5x5 tent with Super Silver, Mango, Spice, Early Queen x Afghan Haze, and Early Pearly Skunk x Haze about 3 weeks in flower.

I toasted the Mango Haze by giving her double nutes on accident last feeding. She is mad, but all the other ladies are just chilling and looking good.

Counts are:
SSH x2
MH x1
Spice X2
EQxAH x4
ESH x2

They are under a 630W LED light and in soil. I tied down the Mango Haze pretty hard right before this pic, she just can't be stopped (she is in the back right, but can't really make here out in this pic). Canopy is somewhat uniform now, but honestly it is a jungle in there. Some have been topped, some not, they are all loving life and starting to smell a bit.

This is them yesterday:
flower_room_may30_2020.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Wasn't sure where to put this thread, but this looks as good of a spot as any.

Currently have an indoor 5x5 tent with Super Silver, Mango, Spice, Early Queen x Afghan Haze, and Early Pearly Skunk x Haze about 3 weeks in flower.

I toasted the Mango Haze by giving her double nutes on accident last feeding. She is mad, but all the other ladies are just chilling and looking good.

Counts are:
SSH x2
MH x1
Spice X2
EQxAH x4
ESH x2

They are under a 630W LED light and in soil. I tied down the Mango Haze pretty hard right before this pic, she just can't be stopped (she is in the back right, but can't really make here out in this pic). Canopy is somewhat uniform now, but honestly it is a jungle in there. Some have been topped, some not, they are all loving life and starting to smell a bit.

This is them yesterday:
View attachment 51496

Thanks for reading.
Nice, looking forward to updates

Hey all,

Was checking on the jungle this morning and realized one of these girls is almost done. This is EQxAH #3. Here she is, don't see any amber trichs yet, but not much longer.
june_4_eqah3.jpg

Here is SSH #1. Honestly the calyx to leaf ratio is kind of out of control on this plant, just so freaking bushy. The flower is Morning Glory. I grow a lot of Morning Glory around the house and they drop like a trillion tiny black seeds so they end up in my potted plants when I mix in some of the garden soil. I just let them grow with the plants in there, they don't really bother anything, they look nice, and I can always trim back if they do go nuts. I had to get this picture when lights first came on because the flowers only open in the morning and close around noon. It is an annual climbing vine and there are a lot of different kinds/colors.
june_4_ssh_morning_glory.jpg

Most everything in there still has weeks to go, but the EQxAH seem to be the winners in flowering time by a long shot.

Will update when the first one comes down. Thanks for reading.

Hey brah! Assume no pesticides; ever do anything with those morning glories?

🤙Mu

Reactions: Rza
Hey brah! Assume no pesticides; ever do anything with those morning glories?

🤙Mu
LOL hey Mushashi I was going to write something about that but decided against it. I've personally never done it, but a good friend did and it wasn't a good time so I have never tried myself. I don't have any Hawaiin Woodrose or anything like that with any real amount of LSA in them growing, but should probably give it a shot!

Had a lot of rain lately, almost 2 weeks straight, and I pull my air in from outside. Noticed something a little off with the top of this Spice that was looking lovely. Pulled her apart and heart sank, her main cola is fully molded out from the inside. Looked around and some of the other main colas have mold going on. I should have been tracking humidity and done something to bring it down a bit during all that rain. Also should have been checking on them a little more and looking for this once the tops swelled. Time to take care of the girls is hard to come by lately and I've been slacking a bit. Live and learn I guess.

Chopped a lot of good stuff out of there this morning to toss in the bin =(
sadness_resized.jpg

Good news is that it is drying out and there is still a lot of good flower in there to hopefully harvest. Probably going to get a dehumidifier today, though!

Thanks for following along.

Had a lot of rain lately, almost 2 weeks straight, and I pull my air in from outside. Noticed something a little off with the top of this Spice that was looking lovely. Pulled her apart and heart sank, her main cola is fully molded out from the inside. Looked around and some of the other main colas have mold going on. I should have been tracking humidity and done something to bring it down a bit during all that rain. Also should have been checking on them a little more and looking for this once the tops swelled. Time to take care of the girls is hard to come by lately and I've been slacking a bit. Live and learn I guess.

Chopped a lot of good stuff out of there this morning to toss in the bin =(
View attachment 51935

Good news is that it is drying out and there is still a lot of good flower in there to hopefully harvest. Probably going to get a dehumidifier today, though!

Thanks for following along.
Hi Rza,

Spice looks a bit botrytis sensitive.
I also had a few molded buds on my last indoor grow.
Anyway the end product is excelent.
Hope you will like it.

Hello all,

Wanted to give an update. Had to chop out some more of the tops of some of the girls due to mold. Was pretty obvious what was going on when I realized that it was really only effecting one corner of the tent. That corner was the farthest from the fan and there was not much air flow back there. I had a circulating fan above the light that wasn't really doing much because the light blocked it. You can see in this group shot that one corner is shorter than the others, most of the girls over there were beheaded due to mold, put in a big box fan in that corner and not seeing any more issues with bud rot since then. The mango Haze is in the very back and is in the corner and above the light, looks like it has 3 months left. There are some plants that were put in about a month after the others, and 2 that were put in just about 2 weeks ago. We are at day 69 now, btw =D

july1_2021_indoor_group_shot.jpg

This is EQAH #3, just a few days to go.
eqah3_68days_july1_2021_2.jpg

This is EQAH #4 which isn't too far behind, but is maturing from the bottom up, the top flower is still mid flower while the bottom is about to be done any day. This one is winning overall best plant so far, still a few weeks off.
eqah4_68days_july1_2021_4.jpg

I'm really happy with the the plants so far. I made an organic soil mix that has been working really well. I fed with liquid nutes for the first month or so of flower and then plain water since then. I really like organic soil grown herb, slightly N deficient toward the end of flower if possible, long cure. Things are looking good to me.

Will update again when first one comes down in a few days. Thanks for following along.

Hey all,

Unfortunately had to chop out more bud rot on some of the girls, but also had a chance to harvest the top of the first one to finish, the EQxAH #3. Her main cola matured much faster than the rest of her and was ready to go, so I snagged the very top of it. Bought a glass piece a few months back that came with a 3D printed stand, which was perfect to hold the flower for the picture =D

july_10_3.jpg

She's got that Early Haze smell that I really love, but can already kind of tell she's not the one I am looking for. Not enough of that strange scent that I think comes from the HazeA and a little too much of the traditional Skunk coming through.

Will keep you all posted as other ones come down.

Hi all,

Indoor room got aphids bad. Like wow. I had to go out of town on work for a few days and noticed them when I came back, but it was pretty much too late at that point. Most plants were only a week or so away from finish so couldn't really use heavy neem and honestly wasn't sure what I was really dealing with. They took over so quickly. I was able to save 3 plants but had to trim them down pretty hard, they are currently outside trying to finish on my porch. Everything else got tossed out. Here's a picture of patient zero, the first one I noticed it on, right before I tossed her out with the rest of them about 8 days later. They messed up the plants pretty bad. She was the first plant right inside the door of the tent so I figured I carried it in or it got through the tent door, and you could see it spread to the other plants from there. The 3 plants I was able to save were all in the very back and farthest away from it.
omg_aphids2.jpg

Not dandruff...
omg_aphids.jpg

Guess you live and learn, will give it another shot here in the near future. Should still be able to get a few ounces from the ones I saved so not a total loss (one of which is the MH so that's a plus). Have cleared out the room already, but still need to wipe it down. Probably going to redesign the ventilation a bit, too, so I can control temp/humidity a little better.

Thanks for following along, be back in a bit.

Last edited:
Hello Rza!

Sorry to hear about the aphid problems. Those little phuckers! Looks like what you saved will be awesome! :) Like you said, 'live and learn', and come back stronger next time! Looking forward to your next grow!

Longball

Rza:
Use lots of bleach in the cleanup, leave it sit for a few days and then bleach it again and leave it sit for a few more, then bleach it a 3rd time.
Eggs, gotta kill all the eggs.
Don't make the mistake myself and so many others have thinking a single cleanup will get them all, it won't....those eggs are microscopic and will hatch in a few days after the first cleaning.

Hey longball, ishun,

Thanks for the kind words my dudes. I had never seen aphids like this before. I had an indoor room about 15 years ago that got spider mites real bad. They took out the whole room after trying to fight them off for a bit, full webs all over everything. Tried to setup that room again after clearing it out and the fuckers came back pretty quick and I shut down the whole room for good before I moved shortly after. I will be sure to clean this one a few times and let it sit before I move anything back in, both of these infestations were straight scary to see what they did to the plants. I've tossed out all the plants, soil, and pots already and done a first pass cleaning, will be sure to do at least 3 now =D

Was trying to figure out their life cycle to see how long I should let it sit and these bastards are scary. Their eggs are meant to go dormant for months over winter to hatch in the spring... I'm probably going to be pretty paranoid for the next grow for sure.

I need to take some time to redo the ventilation so that it pulls from inside the house and not from directly outside. Plan was just tons of fresh outside air movement but was just too much rain in May/June around here and the humidity in there was too high and temps too hot, bud rot hit almost every plant. Will be back when it is all setup again.

Flame on! About all you can do in that situation. It's amazing how quickly they can take over in the right environment. Ventilation is critical. Sorry for your loss brah.

🤙Mu

Back