re

BullDogDad

What's the story behind spice? I lived on Maui a couple years. Some truly fine herb is grown there. However a lot of it, maybe the majority of it, is just strains purchased from seed banks like anywhere else. What makes Spice unique to Hawaii?

I'm pretty sure its what Hawaiians where growing before seed banks. Like Soma talks about the afghan x Hawaiian male shanti gave him when he first started breeding so my guess is its from old school Hawaiian strains from the 70's-80's.

The 80's is Ole Skool ? Damn you're making me feel old. :eek:

At my age, I consider the70s as old school. My 70 year old father who I share a smoke with occasionally recalls the influx of "exotic grass" to our area in the late 70s. I consider that the beginning of new school. I remember them having what I would call old skool ..Colombian ragweed in the early 70s. It was stored in a 35 mm film container. Seeds and stems included!

The 80's is Ole Skool ? Damn you're making me feel old. :eek:

considering I wasn't even born till the mid 80's yeah the 80's are old school. But I still feel like I'm getting old I'm almost 30 and I already hate the music teenagers are listening to even the rap music I grew up on has changed it use to be good back with Eazy-e, 2-pac, shyne, really after the 90's it went down hill I can't stand it nowadays its too soft. But I listen to everything just nothing new I'll even listen to the Doors and bob marley, classic rock is pretty much my favorite back when rock was good. I hate death metal worst music in the history of mankind imo I'd rather jam out too Bluegrass. lol

I'm pretty sure its what Hawaiians where growing before seed banks. Like Soma talks about the afghan x Hawaiian male shanti gave him when he first started breeding so my guess is its from old school Hawaiian strains from the 70's-80's.

Not trying to take original post to far off track as i dont know anything about Spice but i do know about 25 years ago we mixed an Afghan Hawaiin with a mix of Mullumbimby madness "aussie sativa i call it" & Durban poison & produced true one hit killer weed.The type of stuff that makes you go oooo oooo as your blowing smoke out then kabang instant headrush.I saw many experienced puffers refuse a second pipe & if they did it sat in their hand for 20 minutes.To this day nothing compares.Ive seen some awesome Hawaiin weed.

Back