RDWC DIY setup - 3 Critical Sk and 1 La Nina (hoping for trees :) )

theghost420

Hi all,
I haven't been posting much lately, life gets busy :)
Thought I would share some pics of 3 critical skunks and 1 la nina running in a RDWC setup I recently designed and built. I wanted something to grow bigger plants in
They have been vegged for a few weeks under LED in rockwool before being put into the RDWC setup with 1 x 600w dual spectrum, 2 x 600w HPS, 2 x 400w HPS. All bulbs hung vertically.

I will flip the light in a few days time to 12/12 for flowering to begin :love: Will try and keep the updates coming weekly

La Nina 1 (9.5week lemon/lime pheno)
full

Critical Sk1
full

Critical Sk2
full

Critical Sk3
full

Nice plumbing. Run a chiller?
Trees....sky's the limit :cool:

Thanks Skunkerbudz. No chiller needed(which I'm happy with, I only like using electricity for lights :D). The res temp stays stable at 18/19 with room temp around 25 at lights on. Just a 50w thermostatic water heater incase res temp drops too low when lights are off.

I think they've had enough veg time, the lights will be changed to 12/12 tomorrow.

Also just started 9 G13xSk seeds, always wanted to try these but with all the choices shanti presents us with, I have always chosen something else from the freezer, until now haha. Starting them in paper towels until they crack, then going into small rockwool cubes.

Today completes the 1st week of flowering. Better pics to follow later today/tomorrow. They are coming along nicely. Here is a quick room shot from 6 days ago

full

It also turns out that the G13XSk seeds are actually not G13xSk :LOL: I am 50% of the effort so we decided on the G13XWidow at the last minute.

full

Currently running a few different skunk x's from Shanti so something different is always nice!
Maybe not a bad thing too as I checked the G13Xwidow and there has been no postings since 2019!
9 were soaked, 8 split their shells in less than 24hours, the 9th was put into rockwool anyway to see if it would start, unfortunately not, though 8 is great :cool:

full

A few days later and all are up, some more so than others

full

A seperate diary will be started for these once they are vegged a bit and some can be cloned and flowered.

Tomorrow marks 2 weeks into flower. I will get some new pictures up over the next couple of days. Very happy with the growth in this setup so far

The two skunks hiding in the background in the previous picture.

full

full

Here are the G13Widow seedlings, the 8th was growing so slow it had to go

full

nice garden and nice genetics. I follow with interest

Thanks for stopping in Efesto bro :DAnd for the kind words.

Going into the room today to check everything and set feed in the reservoir for early flowering, I was greeted by a small puddle on the floor :confused: It was coming from the lower feed pipe on the la nina.
The roots had totally blocked one of the 1 1/2" drains o_O lol, meaning the level had risen in the container to weep out. After removing the roots and moving them to the other side of the container I checked the other 3 plants and they seemed fine.
The growth rate over the previous week has been absolutely crazy, especially the la nina! Pics to follow tonight /tomorrow. Have a great sunny Sunday everyone :cool:
Peace
Ghost

Fabulous setup, thanks for sharing! The explosive of growth in hydro/coco is addictive for sure.
Been thinking about trying rDWC this winter, how are you finding rDWC management with different strains vs DWC with each plant in its own res?

Fabulous setup, thanks for sharing! The explosive of growth in hydro/coco is addictive for sure.
Been thinking about trying rDWC this winter, how are you finding rDWC management with different strains vs DWC with each plant in its own res?

Hi HazedNConfused,
thanks bro. I'm especially looking forward to see how flowering development/yield is in this setup.

I have ran these exact same tubs as DWC setup with a smaller pump in each. It was a lot more work having to top up each one seperately, though it did allow for a variation of plants in the same room and nutrients could be set for each.

I went for Critical Skunk and La Nina together as these two pheno's finish at just over 9 weeks and feeding schedule is very similar.

So far it has been a lot easier running this rDWC setup compared to DWC in own res. Water temps are more stable (staying around 18-20), and I have fitted an auto fresh water top up on the res so I never have to fill apart from first set up. I top up the res with nutrients to desired EC and adjust ph to 5.8 once per week
(before I was doing this every few days, with each res, with a plant on top of the lid! It was challenging lol)

The G13 Wid's are coming along nicely for around 2 weeks old.

Currently getting a 2m x 1m flowering room ready for these to test. They will run alongside 4 x 12 week SSH clones and 4 x 10 week doors clones. I'm trying to design a simple system where they will be grown in rockwool their whole life with a drip feed/drain to waste for feeding in flower.

full

So far it has been a lot easier running this rDWC setup compared to DWC in own res. Water temps are more stable (staying around 18-20), and I have fitted an auto fresh water top up on the res so I never have to fill apart from first set up. I top up the res with nutrients to desired EC and adjust ph to 5.8 once per week
(before I was doing this every few days, with each res, with a plant on top of the lid! It was challenging lol)

Plants looking good! Love the clone setup as well.

Thanks for the run-down. My biggest complaint about DWC is testing pH/Ec, dragging around a bunch of buckets and mixing nutes for a bunch of reservoirs, especially during the warm months (don't have a chiller, so that means soil or a lot of extra work in the summer). So sounds like this might be the way to go.

Plants looking good! Love the clone setup as well.

Thanks for the run-down. My biggest complaint about DWC is testing pH/Ec, dragging around a bunch of buckets and mixing nutes for a bunch of reservoirs, especially during the warm months (don't have a chiller, so that means soil or a lot of extra work in the summer). So sounds like this might be the way to go.

Appreciate the kind words bro. There's a bit more work between harvests with assembly/disassembly and cleaning of all the pipework. I use 'push fit' plumbing fittings so very easy to take apart and clean/reuse.

28 days flowering -

Dehumidifier was added one week into flowering to drop humidity as flowering progresses. Though it works so good it was filling its reservoir in no time! So had to give him a peepee extension :D

full

Also added another fan to the RDWC flower room

full

Room Week 4 - Turning into a bit of a jungle :love:

The La nina has branches protruding into every other plants space haha.

full

Critical Sk1

full

Critical Sk2 with CSk3 to the right in the picture

full

Back