Questions on finding a SSH mother?

Thanks for the report Morphote.
Mine are only days away. Im really looking forward to harvest..
Ill post up a couple of pics if i can.

First up this is the best looking ssh from a selection tent. Has the classic pine/lemon aroma with a strong cedar coming over it in the last week.

professorjj-albums-random-picture12575-ssh.jpg

Just wanted to put this mango up as well while I was at it. I really like the mango line for resin production. Always produces stella girls.
Apologies for the shitty lighting.

professorjj-albums-random-picture12574-mango.jpg

Yes yes yes the more moms the better. Really nice pics. Such quality genetics. True headstash.

M.

Last edited:
Professorjj great job! The more females you grow the better , many wonderful choices.
I have so far brought about 40 ssh girls to harvest all were resinous but not all were of a high quality drug phenotype. Chemical profile was off and didn't achieve a quality high. The best SSH plant I've had was a true hybrid blend that captured the desired traits.
Resin production like nl5haze , yield like skunk and a soaring head high with an electric body effect AND she would finish in late October in my climate.
40 females and one champion queen.
Keep on going and she will show up.

Morphote papa sez High! 😂

ax

Hey Mr A good to see you around. Your numbers fit in with what Nev said about the winners in the line I believe he said that 1 in 50 were pretty close to that 1 in 1000 diamond. Standards expected today are higher than ever IMO. I still consistently find 1 or 2 in each pack of 20 that I would consider a winner. Your right though, we always say it the more numbers the better. In saying that, I think alot of people aren't growing the plants to their true genetic potential, honestly if you can't find one girl in a pack that doesn't put a smile on your dial I would suggest you really aren't nailing it. I mean usually I'm getting two a pack with the package, look, smell, high, that I find hard to part with. The taste can be slightly more elusive...
Just sprouted some Angel Heart which I have been looking forward to since Skunkdoc's fine thread. 20 from 20. Probably about time I did another thread...
Take care brothers

Last edited:
I was wondering when Shanti pulled the hat trick with this strain did he win with the same pheno, or was it different plants pulled out of the line
I just finished up running some ssh outdoors and out of three females one is of the charts ;-)
Nice pics really enjoy thanks

Professorjj great job! The more females you grow the better , many wonderful choices.
I have so far brought about 40 ssh girls to harvest all were resinous but not all were of a high quality drug phenotype. Chemical profile was off and didn't achieve a quality high. The best SSH plant I've had was a true hybrid blend that captured the desired traits.
Resin production like nl5haze , yield like skunk and a soaring head high with an electric body effect AND she would finish in late October in my climate.
40 females and one champion queen.
Keep on going and she will show up.

Morphote papa sez High! 😂

ax

Ha! Knew you couldn't stay out of my threads. Believe it or not it's good to see you. Was reading your NHS thread the other day. Grabbed 2 packs myself. Ever get around to planting any more of that? Looking for a potent bubblegum pheno.

M.

I was wondering when Shanti pulled the hat trick with this strain did he win with the same pheno, or was it different plants pulled out of the line
I just finished up running some ssh outdoors and out of three females one is of the charts ;-)
Nice pics really enjoy thanks

Great question. My guess would be same cut, different growers. Anyone know?

M.

Ha! Knew you couldn't stay out of my threads. Believe it or not it's good to see you. Was reading your NHS thread the other day. Grabbed 2 packs myself. Ever get around to planting any more of that? Looking for a potent bubblegum pheno.

M.

Sorry to hijack but:

Holdup, waaaaaaaait.

NHS as in National Health Service as in NLxHazexSkunk ?

I have a pack of that sitting in the freezer and I just found the most bubblegum smelling type of thing I have ever encountered in 5 beans of MKS so I am very interested in all things sweet and bubblegummy.

Can't find a thread by axiom on NHS, what u on about Bro?
I want dat info and read dat stuff :D

Reports of bubblegum smells in multiple NHS threads here. "Potent, trippy, honey" pot. Once upon a time ax was known by a different handle. Not my business to reveal, but maybe he'll tell you, or maybe you'll figure it out. Hint: if you've ever seen his plants then you'll recognize him by any handle.

M.

A nice Bro gave me the lowdown and I am off to read up on NHS and more info on sweet and bubblegum stuff :D

Smoke Reports

Been testing a few plants:

The SFV OG cut that I got is a dead ringer for my old 213 OG cut, minus the odor in veg, which I feel will return in time. I've missed her so much. Really great bud, very nice plant. IMO the best example of OG Kush, having a top (high) and bottom (stone) and that unmistakable delicious OG flavor. Low yielded like I remember her. I am ecstatic to have her back in my stable.

Critical Hog (TH Seeds) is a nice cut too. Stinky afghani with good yield equals a quality bedtime toke. Beautiful plant and caked buds, this medicine will knock you out. Not to be smoked during the day. I can definitely see how some people would love this herb. Powerful stuff.

Gorilla Glue #4 I didn't much like at first. Seemed muddied next to the Super Silver Hazes I have been trying. But the unique flavor was always there, which made me want to give her another try. And, the more I smoked it, the better I liked the effects. Flavor reminded me of some "Purple Haze" I tried many years ago. I believe Dark Vader OG had the same taste as well. It's like a sweet tang. High grade day time smoke, but careful with dosage. Keeper for sure.

Super Silver Haze #8 is sex pot. Straight aphrodisiac effect. Smell translates well to flavor. Flavor is Jack Herrer. Really beautiful buds. You will enjoy the pics I post of this plant. Fast flowering time (8+ weeks) and good yielder, most people would be lucky to have a keeper SSH of this quality.

Super Silver Haze #1, my pick as probable #1 keeper from this grow, is really nice too, but a totally different beast. Front end is up high sativa, but back end is total indica hammer. Must be a NL5 pheno. Bulks up nice and looks like a winner. This is another plant that most people would be lucky to have in their stable. Easily keeper quality cut here.

Super Silver Haze #7 has already been selected as the keeper. This is a neutral opinion by someone who has tried them all multiple times. As I haven't decided yet, I will tell you what I know about the #7: Vigorous plant, strong cloner, great yielder, and very hazy effects. On top of that, she has a different odor profile and flavor. I love plants that smell in veg, and this is one of them. She smells sharp, sour tropical. If I'm cleaning up my plants and I touch the #7, it's like getting sprayed in the face with a sharp sour funk. Finished product smells like lemon/pineapple and tastes clean. I need to smoke more of this before I can judge it properly, but I definitely Wouldn't kick this plant out of bed.

And last but not least, I would like to remind everyone that the #9 (SSH) is alive and kicking. More than that, I think this is a legendary cut. Why? This is the most extreme sativa version (along with the #5, which is also still alive and kicking) and a plant I always wanted to see. Very low yielder of white budlets that are pure haze. Indoor the plant, flowered from 6-8 inch clone, grew to be over 6 feet tall. Outdoor the cuts stopped stretching early and are now 3-4 feet tall and covered in haze. Sexiest thing you will see, I promise.

Can't wait to get the #5 outside. Best Jack Herrer smelling pheno, low yielder, exceptional flavor, pure haze. I like to think of the pure haze phenos as outdoor cuts. Only the sun could give these plants the nourishment they need to properly fulfill their phenotypic potential. If I can get this plant dialed in I would say that this is definitely my pick for keeper in terms of flavor and effect. Tropical flavored Jack Herrer smelling haze.

Conclusion: SSH is pure headstash. This is a very special seed line. I look forward to eventually selecting my keeper(s). Pics coming.

M.

...oh, and GG#4 fucking wreaks! It's a really complex dank smell that cannot be contained in plastic. Had a small tester joint in a ziplock bag in my car and it stank up my whole car. When I got in I was afraid to open my windows. Royally funky herb.

M.

Glad you found several good phenos . I had been reading some bad reviews from the nl/5 but maybe these people didn't treat there plants with the respect they deserve . I know there is a couple of companies that sell different ssh s1 phenos and I know one in particular is a really amazing uniform plant . But I'm glad to here the reall thing is still here and can get several good phenos andalso get a good ( sugar daddy ) that's what I call one of mine so you heard it here first if you are looking for a good breeding male if that's what you may be looking to pass on certain traits to maybe improve one of your prized motors .

Just wanted to follow up with my recent selection of this fine strain. I hope you guys dont mind me tacking it in here. I found two from a pack that I would consider keeper quality. Both will be given another round in a flowering room where I can grow them to their full potential and much larger size.
The first had a skunk dominant structure and slightly more than doubled in height when flipped. Early in flowering it had the classic lemon pine haze aroma that as it matured developed a stinky body odour + skunk background. This had the tightest and largest buds of the selection. Formed of large, sharp triangular/teardrop calyxes tightly clustered just like the pictures of the c5 that you see. A very generous frosted coverage of resin glands of medium/large size to top it off. The high is excellent creeps up after a few minutes after your last toke and is very strong and indica in body but very cerebral at the same time. High and stoned, very strong. I think I need to sit down.
The second was a classic haze in structure. Long open branching with good size buds formed along the branches. This girl was very unique. She reeked of crushed lemons, rind and all. Sort of a cross between the sweetness of candy and the astringent lemon smell of floor cleaner. Strong very strong. The buds were formed of tiny, read really tiny calyxes. The buds were full and solid but fluffy on the very ends where the new flowers were forming. The resin glands were also tiny, like a fine covering of fairy dust. Half the size of the skunk pheno but with twice the concentration per area. The high is first class. From the inhale you taste those sweet lemons like you have a candy in your mouth. As soon as you taste it you feel it coming on. Slightly distorting and disorientating initially but a minute or two after you finish the bowl it goes super clear and electric. An extreme psychedelic trippyness with a firm hand on your chest and a very clear sharp head. Rocket fuel. Soaring. Doesn't have the yield of the skunk pheno but has the strongest "high" I have experienced in some time. This is the first time I have grown SSH and now I know what all the fuss is about.
Respect brothers

Yeah man I hear you. Had a look at the pheno I put outside to flower in the California sun and fuck me if that thing isn't a work of art. The terps are insane sick, and the trich coverage is ridiculous. Shit had me laughing out loud is how good it looks. Text book low yield exotic sativa. No one is smoking that but me. Think it's time to shut up and just post pics. I'm sure axiom would agree.

M.

Rolled a joint of the OD. Buds smelled of fruit and diesel when broken up in the grinder. Joint burned clean, gray white ash. Remember thinking "should I take another hit?". Couldn't really taste it because I just brushed my teeth but it was clean. I felt like coughing but didn't cough. Effect was not immediate but I could feel it coming. First thought when the high kicked in was "Damn I didn't mean to get this high!". Really up soaring sativa effect. Not paranoid but definitely high as shit. Had to pull myself together to get some things done, otherwise the smoke turned me into a hot mess. Had to talk myself down several times but wasn't ever anything uncomfortable. It was just really really strong. Eventually calmed down a bit to where I could function without feeling super high. Head was always clear, almost no body stone but warm feeling nonetheless throughout. Can still feel the effects even though I smoked 6 hours ago. What makes this particularly impressive for me is tha last night I took a really big dose of CBD oil, which usually lessens the THC effects of anything I smoke, but for whatever reason the SSH OD hit me hard as hell despite the CBD oil. Impressively potent cut of SSH. Very happy to have a serious Haze in my stable.

M.

Back