Questions on finding a SSH mother?

Two of the pheno types are yellowing up on the big lower fan leaves and I'm not sure if they just changed gears going into full bloom or if they need a bit of N.

The rapid stretch phase seems to be over and pre flowers are getting larger and closer together on most phenotypes.

I'm going to give them Floranova grow,Floralicous Plus,and humid acid foliarly to see if that will green up lower fan leaves.

I'm feeding them Floranova bloom,Floralicous Plus,rapid start,and plant tonic Alfa each feeding so N is not that high.Its the first time they've wanted N and I'm not sure what to feed them.

Any suggestions on what to feed them if they're needing nitrogen this early in bloom,day 14?

I looked at the leaves closer and I think it was calmag defiency not N.
Leaves had yellow and green stripes so it's either cal or mag,but I just give them calmag.
It's been a few weeks since they had calmag.
I gave them a low supplement of calmag,which should soon take effect.

Could someone let me know how to fix a nitrogen deficiency during week 2-3 of bloom?
I tried some calmag because the lower leaves has the yellow and green strips but no luck.Then Floranova grow foliarly,no results and lastly I increased the base nutes with a full dose of Floralicous Plus at roots.

Im not sure if maybe it's just normal for lowers to fade away because upper growth looks great but yellowing is moving up a fan leaf a day.

I can post a few pictures of the defiencies.

hi indi
I will try and help you out here although I have never used the floranova range of nutrients
first off no it is not normal at this stage in the plants life to have the lower leafs fade away as you put it the only time they should be doing this is if they are not getting sufficient light to the lower part of the plant then they wouldnt so much go yellow but go pale like the colour is draining from them or the plant in coming to a finish
from what you are describing and how quick the yellowing is moving up yes it very much sounds like a N deff I would like to ask you when you flipped to flower did you move straight on to the flower nutrients?? if so this is a bad move for a sat dom plant and any cannabis plant for that matter as the plants will be using N in the 1st 2 to 3 weeks in indca dom/ many hybrid strains and can need N in small amounts a good half way into flowering with sativa and sat dom plants some times longer with full on sativa plants
the best thing you could do and what I would do is to mix up some grow nutrients and hit the roots with that for a few feeds you most likey wont get the yellow leafs to turn back green but it could well stop it from spreading any more and the leafs that have just started to turn may be saved
yes yield will be affected but you carnt do anything about that now
hope this helps

I think your right for its the lower leaves,it's right after stretch is ending,and leaf stems down low are purpling up.
The temperature has dropped by 5 degrees and whether cooler temperatures slow down N I'll have to check.
If tempature dropping slows down N uptake that's probably it.Temps dropped 30 degrees the past 3-4 days.
Either way they need some N.

now you throwing all sorts in to the mix now your saying about your temps could well be a K problem that's usually the fist to show up in cold whether
might be worth flushing the pot out x3 the water of the pot size and just give a dose of grow nutrients and see if that helps try and keep your temps between 24c and 28c a five degree drop shouldn't have that much effect on the plants but when the temps drop below 16c then yes it would start to slow down

I should have been more clearer on temps.The outside temp dropped by 20-30 degrees but only 2-4 in grow room.
It's definitely a N deficiency on two of the pheno types while the other six phenotypes are in great shape.
When the deficiency first started it looked a bit like magnesium but leaves are solid yellow now so it's definitely N.
When thinning out a keeper,I feed them all the same,plus this is my first time using Floranova series.
Next cycle I'll add a bit of grow during stretch.
They're all looking very good and are showing trichomes.

M,
I haven't seen a post for a while.I hope all is well.
I got mine,except for shorty,super cropped and tied down horizontally and the lowers shot straight up.
.I thought about super cropping the lower branches as they grow past the canopy but I wasn't for sure just how late in bloom one can super crop.
If they get too high I'll have no choice but they react well to pinch and bend.
I'll try to get some pictures posted or check album.

M,
I haven't seen a post for a while.I hope all is well.
I got mine,except for shorty,super cropped and tied down horizontally and the lowers shot straight up.
.I thought about super cropping the lower branches as they grow past the canopy but I wasn't for sure just how late in bloom one can super crop.
If they get too high I'll have no choice but they react well to pinch and bend.
I'll try to get some pictures posted or check album.

Yeah I'm steady getting tested over here. Had a power outage followed by my AC refusing to work. Dealing with extreme temps and plants that won't stop stretching = not a good combination. I got more going on but nothing I can talk about right now. Shit happens though, so fuck it...show must go on.

I am seeing extreme sativa expression in the clones. I have 3 plants that are relatively unaffected by recent circumstances (#6, #7, and #8). Everything else are extreme sativa divas---which I love, but was not ready for---seemingly more extreme than Grail Widow. Whoever said MNS has the indica version of SSH had no idea what they were talking about (I'm looking at you Franco). Skinniest blades on any fan leaves I have ever seen in person. Trichomes all over these girls, even on the fan leaves. Clones flipped after rooting are about 3-4 feet tall now. Most of the mother plants are struggling in the hot environment. Clones are rocking though. No real smells because they all blend together, but these are extremely exciting plants and I can't wait to dial them in over subsequent grows. I can't imagine anything getting hazier than this. You will see what I'm talking about when post pics. Hope everyone is doing well.

M.

Mine are starting to get some frost and all but one are maturing and could easily be groomed to fill a scrog.Its just a huge plant and looks like a long bloomer with long lowers shooting past the super cropped main.I tried super cropping one of lowers but I think it's too mature in bloom for the branch was too stiff and felt a bit hollow.

The rest are looking very good and have a sweet aroma, but one has a very sweet melon or honeydew melon aroma but more sweeter.
I got a little piney aroma earlier in bloom but the sweet aroma has taken over,especially the melon sweet pheno.I can't describe it but honeydew melon fits better than mango,but I've never had a mango.
Check album,I'll keep trying to update pics.
Now at end of week 5 one has a few hairs turning color,so it might be the early pheno.
The short pheno I was expecting to have big lowers but it's just going straight up with colas staying close to main stalk.

I've tried to get a few pictures up,but I think my system is too slow.
I've got them saved so when I get more time I'll put them up.

I'm convinced you can't believe half of what the other forums say about SSH or any other strain.Its not a super long bloomer but I'd say 8-11 weeks like most strains.
Mine are ripening slowly at the end of week 8.Im giving them ripener this week.Theyre not reacting to it so back to base only.
The only issues I had was feeding 6 phenotypes the same diet.Some needed more N,some got a bit of tip burn,the rest were happy.

I may be over watering in coco but if coco dries too much then leaf tip burn appears from I think ph shift.
I'm going to start flushing in a week to ten days.
Once I got the long bloomer out the other 5 are very similar in size and frostiness so a smoke test will be needed to pick the keeper.

I just started flushing mine at beginning of week 9.
I think they are just starting to ripen.Swelling started a few days ago and they are very frosty.
I'll try pics once again in album.Takes a long time to upload then I get booted off or lose connection.
I think SSH would do great in a scrog.Once I find the keeper,another run it's going to take.Theyre similar in final size and frostiness so taste test will be the deciding factor.

Sorry I haven't posted pics yet. Really don't think they do these plants justice taken under the HPS. One thing I would like to make clear is that I have never stressed plants more than I have these, and I have not seen one male flower on any of the girls. I am more than impressed with these genetics under the circumstances. I would recommend this line to anyone, and I haven't smoked any of it yet. Stable as hell. Frosty as hell. Funky as hell. That is all. For now.

M.

I'm impressed also.
SSH clones root very fast and the trichomes are clouding up and it's only coming up to end of week 9.
There three that are mostly cloudy while the other 2 are half cloudy in the ballooned part of trichomes so they're getting close.
There was only one long bloomer and it was fairly obvious it kept growing and putting out new preflowers and leaves.

Trying to post pics now but having problems with my puter. Par for the course, really. Power outtage today followed by my light falling. Luckily power wasn't out long and light didn't break, but it's just the way things have been going. Not worried. What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. While I wait for this puter to unfuck itself thought I'd list the different stresses these plants have been through:

1. High temps- AC went out. Temps hit high 90s. AC still doesn't work. Crazy.
2. Low light levels- plants had to be moved away from the light to keep them out of the extreme temps.
3. Under watered- high heat levels caused plants to go into overdrive. Pots dried out more than I like, and I like to let them dry out.
4. Over watered- went out of town, handed off plants to a total newb. First newb mistake is to assume the plants always need water.
5. Over fert- the more extreme sativas didn't want as much food as I was giving them. My own fault.
6. Under fert- the more indica leaning phenos wanted more CalMag. Didn't notice until it was too late.
7. Light leaks- newbie left the door open several nights, weeks at a time. Was more worried about the heat lol.
8. New fert line- ran BioBizz for the first time ever. Didn't know I needed the full line for best results. Going back to PBP.

Not making excuses. Just talking shop. You would think these plants would all have hermed, but that's not the case. Worst result of this is that some plants stretched like crazy and built tiny little buds. Not their fault. All my fault. Even so, all plants exhibit ridiculous frost. My favorite pheno (#1) appears white! Yes, white! Very practical too, and shows almost no signs of stress. My other favorite pheno (#5) has trichs covering every inch of it, stalk included. Broke some heads tying it down the other day and the smell was straight Jack Herrer citrus fuel funk. So sticky and stinky it was beautiful. Can't wait to dial in that cut. And I haven't even talked about #7 (funky af from the get go), #8 (8 week indica yielder) or #9 (extreme sativa diva). Will post pics as soon as this puter lets me.

M.

Back