Pinky

skubee

skubee-albums-afghan-haze-picture12899-20171012-194426.jpg

Started late april outdoors. Fed down to eaths biolive and kelp meal. Mite infested early flower killed off mamy bud sites. The pink comes and goes with the sunny days.

Wow! That's quite a gorgeous bud. I love love the pink hues.

Thank you for posting... feels like af/Hz is about to blow up.

Stay hazed
Jake

Awesome skubee, you may inspire me to try some more sativa leaning plants here at lat 42.5n. Have these plants been selected as early finishers or do you think this is the norm? Thanks for your info.

Oh, i just popped 2 and hoped for the best. Took pucs just now. Chugging along. Hope it finishes. Still lots of clear trichs.

That's a nice looking plant! I have 3 straws of Afghan Haze and can't wait to start growing it. From what I've read, it is quite under-rated and capable of yielding some amazing plants.

Really nice bud. A new color to me. Looks all frosty as well. Yummy!

I have some Afghan stuff, but no haze, yet any way. :p

Nice job.

mM

i started up my afghan haze, but since they were old i had poor germination.
but i did get 1 male and 1 female.
so at least i can look through some f2's.
the female smells pretty bland, i guess its just the afghan smell.
i think its similar to the g13s ive seen.
hoping the male has more interesting qualities.

For some reason I haven't heard of / researched AH much. Is she from Haze A or C?

Hello thefoetus. Afghan Haze may be the most under-rated MNS strain. Both parents are essentially worked landraces, and they are at opposite ends of the cannabis Indica-Sativa spectrum, characteristics that are considered ideal for making a hybrid. There are a lot of good grow reports on Afghan Haze in the strain base. Definitely check out Yosemite Sam's grow (he only popped one seed!), which appears to have inspired skubee. The lineage is Afghan x Haze C. The consensus on this board seems to be that the Afghan mom is an Afghan "T" maple leaf Indica, which is highly regarded by Indica lovers. Other MNS strains use Afghan Haze as the father (Angel's Breathe, ASH, Critical Haze, Early Haze, Master Kaze and Afghan Skunk Haze); these are believed to be fathered by an Afghan x Haze A father. The smells and tastes that came from my Angel's Breathe run support this interpretation, as most of the plants had dark leathery/musky/incensy smells, characteristic of Haze A, versus only one plant that had lighter citrus/floral smells characteristic of Haze C. Angel's Breathe is 37.5% Haze A and 12.5% Haze C, assuming the dad is Afghan x Haz A.

I think if one wanted to recreate the Haze C plant a good way to do so would be to F2 (F3? ;) )a bunch of AH and select the haze leaners. You could gift the Indica leaners to folks who seek the Afghan T. :)

Nice bud, BTW, skubee. :)

Hello thefoetus. Afghan Haze may be the most under-rated MNS strain. Both parents are essentially worked landraces, and they are at opposite ends of the cannabis Indica-Sativa spectrum, characteristics that are considered ideal for making a hybrid. There are a lot of good grow reports on Afghan Haze in the strain base. Definitely check out Yosemite Sam's grow (he only popped one seed!), which appears to have inspired skubee. The lineage is Afghan x Haze C. The consensus on this board seems to be that the Afghan mom is an Afghan "T" maple leaf Indica, which is highly regarded by Indica lovers. Other MNS strains use Afghan Haze as the father (Angel's Breathe, ASH, Critical Haze, Early Haze, Master Kaze and Afghan Skunk Haze); these are believed to be fathered by an Afghan x Haze A father. The smells and tastes that came from my Angel's Breathe run support this interpretation, as most of the plants had dark leathery/musky/incensy smells, characteristic of Haze A, versus only one plant that had lighter citrus/floral smells characteristic of Haze C. Angel's Breathe is 37.5% Haze A and 12.5% Haze C, assuming the dad is Afghan x Haz A.

I think if one wanted to recreate the Haze C plant a good way to do so would be to F2 (F3? ;) )a bunch of AH and select the haze leaners. You could gift the Indica leaners to folks who seek the Afghan T. :)

Nice bud, BTW, skubee. :)
Thanks for the post Marcus, I'll check out Yosemite's work.
You have me very excited for our next selection prospects. Afghan Haze sounds like a winner!

We are hoping to find Haze A in the Nev Mango. Whether her genetics are Nev Haze x Mango Haze, or Nev Haze x 5Haze122, she should contain Haze A.

Angel's Breathe is 37.5% Haze A and 12.5% Haze C, assuming the dad is Afghan x Haz A
You've got to be kidding me? :D Haha I totally missed this. What is her harvest window? I have some reading to do.

Your post about Haze characteristics raises some interesting questions for me about the NL5 x Haze we just grew. Yes, there are many fruity, fruit punch, maybe 'mango esque' aromas - but, then, there are also musky, dark, animal smells. This could indicate that all haze aromas can be found in Haze C, or it could indicate there is Haze A in our 5haze. E.g. an old NL5/HazeA F1 x 5Hz122 'mango'. Who knows for sure? :) The weed is incredible and Shantibaba should be very proud of all his work. We are proud to grow and smoke it.

You've got to be kidding me? :D Haha I totally missed this. What is her harvest window? I have some reading to do.

I had one AB seed plant that went 12 weeks, a rather hazey pheno at that; the rest went 8-10.5 weeks, all under 12/12. It was shorter than I expected but I'd like to think that the far red I use speeds up the flower time a bit.

Your post about Haze characteristics raises some interesting questions for me about the NL5 x Haze we just grew. Yes, there are many fruity, fruit punch, maybe 'mango esque' aromas - but, then, there are also musky, dark, animal smells. This could indicate that all haze aromas can be found in Haze C, or it could indicate there is Haze A in our 5haze. E.g. an old NL5/HazeA F1 x 5Hz122 'mango'. Who knows for sure? :) The weed is incredible and Shantibaba should be very proud of all his work. We are proud to grow and smoke it.

Before someone else points this out I have a lot more experience reading about haze than I do smoking it, and I'm sure others can provide better real-world information about how the Haze A and C hybrids present themselves.
:) That said, if your objective is to select toward Haze traits, specifically Haze A, you may also want to look at The Doors, which I believe is also 37.5% Haze A. I think you and I (and a lot of others on this site) are looking for similar qualities in a haze hybrid; I found AB very nice but a little too stony for me. I suggest you look at Scrubdog's grow thread on The Doors; he has a lot of experience and after years of effort found what he was looking for in The Doors.

Back