Pink Pistols anyone?

PaPa J

Anyone with a pink pistol ortega? Don't know if this is common, I'm going to try to take some cuttings and reveg. A pleasant surprise to be sure! Would like to know if anyone has grown them out and if it had any other unique traits, high cbd, more mold resistance, earlier or longer finish or is it just a color thing but the same as the the other. Stuff like that.

I have pink pistils on some of my Maui Waui plants (Mr Greengenes 1978 Cherry Bomb) and on one of my new Durban Poison crosses (father unknown).

Anyone with a pink pistol ortega? Don't know if this is common, I'm going to try to take some cuttings and reveg. A pleasant surprise to be sure! Would like to know if anyone has grown them out and if it had any other unique traits, high cbd, more mold resistance, earlier or longer finish or is it just a color thing but the same as the the other. Stuff like that.

G `day PP

What colour are they after harvest ?
Pistils are involved in making seeds . Pink / yellow / white I don`t think it makes a diff to the resin and THC .
If the resin was pink that might be significant .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I too found some pink pistilled plants in mr Nice strains.(g13skunk) and (shit)

I dont doubt that genetics play a role in passing these traits on to offspring but I also have wondered if the soil alkalinity/acidity could play a smaller role ??....Much like the hydrangea plant thats flower colour is supposedly influenced by soil.

Just a thought??

Found it in Critical Mass, was very prominent on one of the phenos (coincidentally my keeper pheno).

Was VERY pretty to look at but doesn't seem to indicate anything or have any other lasting impact.

I did a tiny bit of research into it and asked (I think here as well). After initially being very excited about the find, I came to the conclusion that it is likely something passed on from the Afghan side of things.

Could be wrong with that but that's where my research led me and I stopped looking after.

yeah, ive always been curious what it is outside that alows the pistils to tun pink but the same varieties indoors do not.

i just found out that the angels breath cut i selected a few years ago does this too.
first time ive put one outside.

i also saw some pink pistils on a garlic cookies bagseed i have. even a little purpling around that area.

usually i see a few pink pistils in one area, but not the whole plant.

yeah, ive always been curious what it is outside that alows the pistils to tun pink but the same varieties indoors do not.

i just found out that the angels breath cut i selected a few years ago does this too.
first time ive put one outside.

i also saw some pink pistils on a garlic cookies bagseed i have. even a little purpling around that area.

usually i see a few pink pistils in one area, but not the whole plant.

G `day Jackie

Yes I have seen it too .
I had a Black Widow that would develop pink pistils when it was very close to the lamp . But only on the lamp side of the flowers . Back side still white . Turn the plant the white turned pink .
So I suspect a certain wave length of light triggers it .

More interesting are the ones with blood red sap .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I notice it only on outdoor plants and at around this time of year. I think it's from the drop in night time temps.

It was indoor for me.

But interestingly in the chamber closer to the outside wall and also during winter where it gets so cold I need to run a heater during night hours.

So temperature drop might be a good guess for what causes this expression.

Doesn't fit with Elmer's observation though as he said it showed on the side of the plant closer to the light (which means hotter)...

On my pheno it was all over the plant by the way but noticeably more concentrated towards the top.
It also faded out towards the end of flowering, was only truly noticeable during the stage where there were very few or no brown hairs.

The pink pistils turned regular brown, maybe a tinge more orange than others, towards the end of flower.

I've seen the pink showing under mh lamps and more so outside and not with hps with the same plants
Eb do all strain have red sap ?
thx
G `day Jackie

Yes I have seen it too .
I had a Black Widow that would develop pink pistils when it was very close to the lamp . But only on the lamp side of the flowers . Back side still white . Turn the plant the white turned pink .
So I suspect a certain wave length of light triggers it .

More interesting are the ones with blood red sap .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

G`day Bro

Interesting my plant was near the wall of the house .
But turning it toward the light def turned it pink .

Seen it indoors with HPS .

@ Martino
I `ve grown a lot of plants . Only seen the red sap a cpl of times on certain plants within a group . Blood red compared to the normal clear / opaque .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I`ve grown a lot of plants . Only seen the red sap a cpl of times on certain plants within a group . Blood red compared to the normal clear / opaque.

Hey EB,

Red dap gets mentioned a few times in the Grail thread. I thought I saw it on one of my Grail Widow plants, but upon closer inspection it was clear sap that looked red because red fibers in the stalk made it look that way. I know some people breed sativas toward red stems and petioles. Have you seen sap that would turn a paper towel red?

I had a plant from last years season that developed pink pistils. Was around for 3-4 weeks in in the middle of flower. As said here it was a trait that disappeared once the pistils start to brown up. In my opinion it is influenced by the wavelength of light but must have some genetic influence (how much/what light is needed).
Seems this trait has popped up more so than usual in america this year. It has mainly been on outdoor grows. Maybe a good idea to record the conditions and compare to following years.

Take it easy

Freezeland and it’s crosses produce the most beautiful pink pistols I’ve ever seen. In the early 90’s we grew Sensi’s Early Skunk almost exclusively for a few years and about half the plants had the trait. We dubbed her the ”Magents”

Back