Pink Floyd- Jan. 2024

Dried Flowers

Greetings all!
I received Pink Floyd seeds from last months auctions, just in time for New Year's germination, 5 popped up on new year's day, the remaining 3 germinated on Jan.2
I soaked the seeds in water for 24 hours, then planted directly into Pro-Mix HP. I'm using 4 inch square pots for now, undecided on what size to transplant into. There's 8 seedlings and males will be discarded. I'm growing in a large space, 8ft. ceiling, in the corner of a room, floor space approximately 6ft. X 6ft. I can adjust the grow space, hanging black and white poly a foot below the ceiling, around the grow area for light reflection. Lighting for now is a 400 metal halide and a 315 ceramic metal halide, flowering will be 400 hps, 600 hps and a 315 ceramic metal halide in an approximate 6ft. X 16ft. floor space, the CMH hung in the middle, hps on each side. Old school lighting, electricity included in my rent and is non-metered in a large apartment building. I used to run 6K hps in the same room. Once upon a time...

Attachments

• pink_floyd_jan.10.jpg
    pink_floyd_jan.10.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 2
  • pf6_jan.10.jpg
    pf6_jan.10.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 2
Day 19 I'm going to begin bloom soon, just waiting for a cutting of each plant.
Began using nutrients day 16 when transplanted. I'm using Mills Basis A&B 2 part with their product called Start, an early growth promoter and early flower enhancer. Also Mills version of Silica called Vitalize.

Attachments

• pink_floyd_jan.19.jpg
    pink_floyd_jan.19.jpg
    857.7 KB · Views: 5
  • pf6_jan.19.jpg
    pf6_jan.19.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 5
  • mills.jpg
    mills.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 5
I added 2 Angel's Breath, same age as Pink Floyd. I was going to do a grow thread for the Angel's Breath but decided to include them here for ease and to compare, cheers!
2 Angel's Breath in the foreground.

Attachments

• angel's_breath_jan.19.jpg
    angel's_breath_jan.19.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 5
  • jan.19.jpg
    jan.19.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks longball and Uncle Jack, and yes it is at waist height, 3 milk crates tall, 33 inches. They're on a 2ft. X 4ft. ebb'n'flow table (no holes).
Lighting is reduced to a digital 400MH bare bulb in a batwing reflector, need a bit of stretch, also topped the Pink Floyd and Angel's Breath at the 3rd node today.

Attachments

• jan.21.jpg
    jan.21.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 7
  • pink_floyd_jan.21.jpg
    pink_floyd_jan.21.jpg
    796.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 3crates.jpg
    3crates.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 6
  • poly.jpg
    poly.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 7
Thank you Uncle Jack, nice compliment. This a nice place!
My building had Energy Audit inspections this week and guy from Toronto Hydro gave us energy efficient powerbars, clothes drying rack, checked age and condition of fridge & stove, routine stuff. I hid my plants in a closet and took down everything, but as he left he says "This is a nice place, even smells nice." and smiled, I think it was the joint I smoked about an hour before. Good timing for an inspection, bloom begins soon, then it's not as easy as hiding them in the closet, size and smell.
Day 25, Pink Floyd plants were moved around, and not in the same positions as before. Removed some fan leaves, waiting patiently to begin bloom on the first day of February.

Attachments

• pink_floyd_jan.25.jpg
    pink_floyd_jan.25.jpg
    878.3 KB · Views: 7
  • jan.25.jpg
    jan.25.jpg
    726.5 KB · Views: 7
  • jan.25(1).jpg
    jan.25(1).jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 7
  • pf6.jpg
    pf6.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 7
Thanks everyone for your kind words and warm welcome. I couldn't wait to plant these auction seeds. Sent payment today for another auction order :)
Took 2 cuttings of each, all lowest branches. I use small multi-colored hair elastics to identify each cutting, 'making a list, checking it twice'.
Bloom Day 1, February 1st

Attachments

• ready4cuttings.jpg
    ready4cuttings.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • cuttings.jpg
    cuttings.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 6
  • tray_dome.jpg
    tray_dome.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 5
Back