picking a winner

Aloha brah!
No need to muddy the waters with conjecture. Again, not talking about freaks or reversing. This confirmation technique was used by Shanti and Nevil back in Holland days and "used it as a control to hit males to see if they produced female parts and seeds...if no seed then it was a true male and a good screening to be sure." I know where I am putting my money.

mu
I guarantee you nevil used to use ethylene to reverse males an ga to reverse females. Nevil also made seed with males wich made true females an males, nevils stuff is documented. Bit difrent to that quote that was put up. Ive done it myself too wich is how i know its incorect info in that quote. You can google it to an see if ga reverses males quite a few studies have been done on it.

Last edited:
Here you go.
Originally Posted by Nevil
Hi Brock 1
Ethylene (fruiting hormone) is what I used to turn Haze C male into a female. I remember plucking calyxes of the plant to smoke it for the first time. An enlightening experience.
GA3 is what I used to get "females" to produce pollen.

exactly the same product nevil used in australia reverse males.

but if people think they can get males to reverse using ga then cary on. Id love to see a picture.

Here you go.
Originally Posted by Nevil
Hi Brock 1
Ethylene (fruiting hormone) is what I used to turn Haze C male into a female. I remember plucking calyxes of the plant to smoke it for the first time. An enlightening experience.
GA3 is what I used to get "females" to produce pollen.

exactly the same product nevil used in australia reverse males.

but if people think they can get males to reverse using ga then cary on. Id love to see a picture.
Any idea how ethylene is applied on the plant? I mean ethylene is a gas and not very soluble in water, so what liquid would you solve it in? Alcohol? And then mix with water like for GA3? I m just curious.

Another quote
Nevil
Yep, done that. I selfed the HazeC male. Theoretically their should be 25% YY. I was looking for them.
I got about 33% females and 66% males, no intersex. I progeny tested maybe 20 males, All produced normal male to female ratio's and no intersex. The seeds had normal viability, so I guessed that YY would block seed growing in the first place.

None of the HzC male selfed, came close to being as good as HzC for breeding.
N.

"Hollow stem is also a key indicator
If the stem is pith filled the plant dies .
If hollow he lives another day"

What is the basis for this? If I culled plants with solids stems, I wouldn't be very high right now. Strong solid stems and high psychoactivity are not mutually exclusive.
The hollow stem conversation has been taken the wrong way for a long time. some important details are left out in that whole concept.

They all have hollow stems.The important detail is the ratio/thickness of the bast fiber layer to pith layer .

Cannabis hemp,Large hollow low pith layer ,high/thick bast fiber layer is The classic bread that way Kentucky blue grass hemp.That is what you look for for good hemp. Pithy plants dont make good hemp plants.

Cannabis drug plants have large hollow very thin bast fiber layer and thicker pith layer stems.
So The bast fiber layer is where you need to focus when looking at the cross section of a stem.

I dont know If it is correct..

But my way of picking male is as follows.

Sow seeds, early in veg discard any that has some major problem if any have.

Then from observing the plants, make favorites, even when you still dont know its genders.

Then after fliping...
If the plant you had many wishes to become girl a
is male.. Then that is the plant I like to use...

For example my 3th Devil grow...
I wanted plants 1 and 4 to be females...
Because they grew to my liking...
And Devil 4 was so much nice in my eyes.. Yet it turn out as male and pretty one, with many red colors and skunky leafs...
One factor is still present for me, what s the smell on rub stem and Devil4 got red fruits in it.

Rub stem is my only form of test, but I have it prioritized. just instinctively .

So it is my deffinition of choosing male...
I dont care about anything other then that... The male must be in superb shape, or must be special in some way, that it tells me, hey do something with me... You see Iam special, why you not keeping me, because Iam male???

i do the same the odor can be a factor of selection i also look the structure of the plant and the earliest no too much long ( because i grow outdoor)
Yeah...

That is why I always mention the smelll thrughout the grow...

Because, it evolves as plant grows..
On the male side, sometimes those smells are exactly the same... But the stem rub smell isnt changing that much...

I want to give my older reports a look when I find male smell that I recognize...

Back