picking a winner

#NightMare#

Aloha brah!
No need to muddy the waters with conjecture. Again, not talking about freaks or reversing. This confirmation technique was used by Shanti and Nevil back in Holland days and "used it as a control to hit males to see if they produced female parts and seeds...if no seed then it was a true male and a good screening to be sure." I know where I am putting my money.

mu
I guarantee you nevil used to use ethylene to reverse males an ga to reverse females. Nevil also made seed with males wich made true females an males, nevils stuff is documented. Bit difrent to that quote that was put up. Ive done it myself too wich is how i know its incorect info in that quote. You can google it to an see if ga reverses males quite a few studies have been done on it.

Last edited:

#NightMare#

Here you go.
Originally Posted by Nevil
Hi Brock 1
Ethylene (fruiting hormone) is what I used to turn Haze C male into a female. I remember plucking calyxes of the plant to smoke it for the first time. An enlightening experience.
GA3 is what I used to get "females" to produce pollen.

exactly the same product nevil used in australia reverse males.

but if people think they can get males to reverse using ga then cary on. Id love to see a picture.

Dj_Greenhouse

Here you go.
Originally Posted by Nevil
Hi Brock 1
Ethylene (fruiting hormone) is what I used to turn Haze C male into a female. I remember plucking calyxes of the plant to smoke it for the first time. An enlightening experience.
GA3 is what I used to get "females" to produce pollen.

exactly the same product nevil used in australia reverse males.

but if people think they can get males to reverse using ga then cary on. Id love to see a picture.
Any idea how ethylene is applied on the plant? I mean ethylene is a gas and not very soluble in water, so what liquid would you solve it in? Alcohol? And then mix with water like for GA3? I m just curious.

#NightMare#

Another quote
Nevil
Yep, done that. I selfed the HazeC male. Theoretically their should be 25% YY. I was looking for them.
I got about 33% females and 66% males, no intersex. I progeny tested maybe 20 males, All produced normal male to female ratio's and no intersex. The seeds had normal viability, so I guessed that YY would block seed growing in the first place.

None of the HzC male selfed, came close to being as good as HzC for breeding.
N.

#NightMare#

Any idea how ethylene is applied on the plant? I mean ethylene is a gas and not very soluble in water, so what liquid would you solve it in? Alcohol? And then mix with water like for GA3? I m just curious.
Usualy a product called florigen works good. Its in a liquid form. Dont aply to the leaves but aply to the internodes an nodes along the branch.