Pheonix66's Mohan Ram CBD Test.

Absolutely right braddahs! There are lots of alternatives. I've used neem and karanja meal in soil mix and they work great, providing another source of N. I have not tried nematodes. There's H2O2 drenches for pupa/larva and cider vinegar traps for adults and even cinnamon. I'm sure there are more solutions- this side of lighter fluid and hair spray haha. Spraying soil surfaces with neem is what I typically start with for management. Whatever drifts onto the sides of containers or on the floor provides a barrier. What I do like about Bti is that it has many uses indoors as well as outdoors (those dang caterpillars.) It is organic and doesn't harm beneficials. Bti has to be part of your IPM arsenal. Buy it in powder form or concentrate as it is more economical that way.

I think we can agree that wet soil surfaces provide habitat, dry tops inhibit infestation.

“Most of the fungus gnat’s life is spent as a larva and pupa in organic matter or soil, so the most effective control methods target these immature stages rather than attempting to directly control the mobile, short-lived adults. Physical and cultural management tactics—primarily the reductions of excess moisture and organic debris—are key to reducing fungus gnat problems." UC IPM

I have large saucers underneath my pots as I water primarily from the bottom to achieve the dry tops. Good stuff braddahs. Thanks for the great suggestions.

🤙mu

nematodes are also used by many outdoor breeders to kill all sorts of insects, including snails. Peroxide can also be used according to google. One part peroxide and four parts of water.

Steinernema feltiae, an insect parasitic nematode, has been used extensively for fungus gnat control for many years. S. feltiae is a microscopic, non-segmented roundworm that seeks out and enters fungus gnat larvae through natural body openings like the mouth or anus. S. feltiae uses carbon dioxide, movement and vibrations to locate larvae. Once inside, the nematodes release symbiotic bacteria that quickly kill targeted insects. Reproduction inside the insect releases new generations of infective juvenile nematodes that disperse in search of further prey.

Mix one part peroxide with four parts water, and pour it through the soil at the root zone until it begins to come out of the base of the pot. The peroxide kills fungus gnat larvae on contact. Neem oil is also an effective soil drench to combat fungus gnat larvae. https://www.epicgardening.com/fungus-gnats/

IL do the mosquito bits, bti drench. 2x this week if it's still infested, IL bump up to peroxide the week after. I know this is silly but other than my 1st try insects have left me alone. Always done indoor though. Thanks for the advice guys IL get things done and update next week.
Peace all.

Screenshot_20211030-040324_compress31.jpg
So after 2x drenches of the mosquito bits this week here is the results. They seem to at least be responding to the treatment. I'm going to replace after posting with new traps. We will see the bug activity hopefully decline.
I've dosed once with silica and humic acid at half recommended strength. IL introduce some bloom nutrition next feeding at one third strength.
The burn seems to just be growing out ugly and it upsets me, but it's not progressing further which is encouraging. Small amounts of trichrome production are starting on all but 3#.
Peace all.

Hummm looks like a nutrients lock due to a ph problem no ?
Yeah that's what it is might be related to the ec of the promix I used I haven't dosed with nutrition at all other than stated. I've been watering between 6.2-6.4 pH. I regularly check and dial in my pH pen. My temps have been low about 67 during dark phase, with highs of 80 during my led lights on. Things are only getting worse today, it might be time to call it a day.
Sorry folks and peace all.

Screenshot_20211102-214705_compress49.jpg
It's right fucked. But I can only move on and sanitise the room at this stage. IL treat you all to a different thread, when I work out what I'm doing. Likely a few autoflowering from mephisto while I veg some feminised photoperiods.
Sorry it's been false start and a choke on these genetics. I'm sure Mu will show us what they are capable of.
Peace all.

The very last thing to do would be to add anything other than straight tap water.
Do not adjust PH on anything, it's already way out of correct PH range so whatever you've been doing hasn't helped.
I myself would pull the plants from containers, knock dirt off roots and rinse roots off real well and slip them into new containers with good soil.
*If* you do that they will recover although old leaf damage will not repair it's self, it just won't get any worse and new growth will be healthy.
Never, ever, ever trust a PH pen or other device. I will guarantee that the device you have is not accurate and that was the beginning of the problems.
I've had *some* luck with the fluid pool water testing kits and the litmus strip kits have been OK.
Just mix a good soil up and make sure to add dolomite lime to it....don't fucking test the PH or even try to adjust it.
Use straight up tap water....do not test it, just use it.

Do you have water catchers under your pots. If you are just watering until you see water at the bottom that may mean the pots are not getting evenly watered right through. You need to lift your pots after watering to feel that they are heavy with water otherwise the water could be running down the side of the pots. I would also just water with straight tap water for now with seaweed concentrate added. Make sure the pots feel a fair bit lighter before you water them again as well. Observe the wet dry cycle. I have no experience with your soil mix either, maybe some dolomite mixed into the water might fix any ph issues you have as well, not much though. Hope this helps. Sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know. (y)
Thanks man I have each pot on a rounded wire rack suspending it. then I just mopped up the runoff after watering. I always aim for about 20% runoff and I do water by weight thing myself. Usually takes about 3-4 days to go dry but not hydroscopic.1-2 days during weeks 3-7 then every 3 days after til finish.
Peace all.

Back