Phenos of the BW

Haven't grown out any El Nino, La'Nina yet, Musashi. Ace's Malawi is the best Sativa of anything I have grown out so far, mind you I haven't fully grown out any of Shanti's & Neviles yet..

Indica Dom Pheno of BW awesome, aggressive growth pattern, thc as soon as pistols appeared, calyxes also began to swell immediately, suspected white pheno, excellent for SOG method, 12/12 from seed will finish around 45 cm the other will finsih around 50cm. will keep you posted.
Peace.

:)

Indica Dom BW @ 3wks Close-up of Side bud

Close up of side bud at 3.5 weeks into flower. India Dom. The frass also stopped the N deficiency in its tracks...

Last edited:
Black Widow, 10% Amber

chopping this girl down tonight, would of liked to of left her to go another week, but its either her, or bag weed... she is turning amber from the trim iwards quickly anyways, so she is ready, 80% cloudy 10% clear 10% amber :D they have been an absolute pleasure to grow, the indica dom seemed to have more of the oldskool smell, with the sat dom being a tad more fruity, smoke report to follow in a week. :) indica dom very aggressive growth rate, ready in 50 days tops... revegging her as we speak. Sat dom slow flower formation but quick to fill out once she reaches full size, bought 18 mango widow and 18 NHS on the back of this grow, maximum respect to Shanti . Peace.

P.S the Sat dom seemed to slow up on her feed last week as she began to finish up, I.E calyx swell seen on the surface, she seemed to yellow from the bottom up using all her own reserves, my advice would be to feed her well throughout veg and early flower until the last phases, let her flush herself, if in soil give one good water then regulate soil allot drier until harvest :)

Last edited:
chopping this girl down tonight, would of liked to of left her to go another week, but its either her, or bag weed... she is turning amber from the trim iwards quickly anyways, so she is ready, 80% cloudy 10% clear 10% amber :D they have been an absolute pleasure to grow, the indica dom seemed to have more of the oldskool smell, with the sat dom being a tad more fruity, smoke report to follow in a week. :) indica dom very aggressive growth rate, ready in 50 days tops... revegging her as we speak. Sat dom slow flower formation but quick to fill out once she reaches full size, bought 18 mango widow and 18 NHS on the back of this grow, maximum respect to Shanti . Peace.

P.S the Sat dom seemed to slow up on her feed last week as she began to finish up, I.E calyx swell seen on the surface, she seemed to yellow from the bottom up using all her own reserves, my advice would be to feed her well throughout veg and early flower until the last phases, let her flush herself, if in soil give one good water then regulate soil allot drier until harvest :)

What smells and tastes are you finding in the BW terpene profiles of your current grow?

bw update

Hi guys, the indica dominant was the more authentic tasting bw but the sativa dom was a slighlty heavier yeilder with more of a cerebral feel, the led that i use has 10 watt double chip diodes with ir and uv built in, its a 600w ufo from boss led bought on auction for 50, it out performs a 900w vipar spectra i bought for 200 a while back, i find that the double 10 w chip diodes have enough intensity to deliver the light energy efficiently they also have zener circuits so if one led goes out theydont all fail, i have found the herb tastes better using led over hps, certain terpenes are more noticeable, I would say that left another week or 2 the profiles would of been full bodied, as it was, you could tell it was cut slightly early, like a strong commercial crop would feel. Although do you rarely find commercial that hits the spot like bw does, or that lasts as long, when you have smoked some you can happily ride the wave for an hour without needeing a top up, the ssh is still going strong the pure haze one has been donated to a larger area, the quicker one would be around 70 cm if she hadnt been supper cropped and pinched, 3 stems with 3 huge cola forming all the way up, great internodal distancing, i have never grown out ssh, but the thc forming on the sugar leaves smells wonderful, very floral and slightly spicey, started mango widow and nhs now too :)

peace.

led

dont be fooled by spin like "will replace hps" rarely do these light pump out enough lumens or intensity far enough to match coverage of a 600w hps, although a pair of good 900w leds will, power draw of a 600 watt led is only like 200 watts in equivalent energy usage, if you have a led lighting system that matches the intensity of your sodium counterpart however, you will reap larger stinkier harvests for sure. :) some top flight led lights like kind led, mimick sunset by letting out far red and deep oranges close to lights off, this is supposed to improve effciency of flowering as the ir tells the plant the dark cycle is nearing. as time goes on led are going to overtake hps, i would recommend keeping an eye on developments. :)

Peace.

will definately be revissiting black widow, it is a high with no ceiling, very enjoyable thick tasty smoke, with a heavy narcottic kick to match, its a herb that allows one to reflect while draining away the days stresses and anxieties, if you are the kind of person who like to chill at your own pace this one is definately for you, im sure any good male pheno of this strain will have the midas touch in regards to breeding programs, due to heavy resin prduction and extra sweet cannabinoids and terpenoids.

I highy recommend this strain for anyone looking for a heavy indica stone, with a nice up sativa edge to balance out and compliment the effects. with an intoxicating smell that is as sweet as sweet can be

Peace.

Back