Per ardua ad astra

HazedNConfused

Haze and Confusion: Another round of pure chaos

The title is a nod to an Aussie gaming friend. Post-stroke depression is brutal and the friendship is one of two that helped keep me on this side of the dirt. We've joked about weed sending us to Jupiter, Saturn, the Kuiper Belt, Andromeda, etc. depending on how strong it is. Sadly, I won't be able to share, but I'm hoping NSK gets me to Alpha Centari. Perhaps this plant will be fully legal someday.

I ended up with 3 NSK females after a Medihaze germination misadventure. Here's where they're at as of a few days ago.

NSK 1_wk 5.jpg NSK 1_wk5r.jpg NSK_wk5.jpg
NSK1: Broke the top trying to bend it over. More trichs are starting to develop

NSK 2 & 3.jpg
NSK 2 (top) & NSK 3 (bottom)...photobombs from PPD (left) and Chernobyl (right)

NSK 3 & NSK 1 clone.jpg
NSK 3 & NSK 1 clone

The 3 were flipped at different times due to Ortega going longer than anticipated. They're also sharing the tent with Chernobyl and PPF. So far the fat leaflet plant, NSK 1, has stretched about 2.5x. It flowered on the 3rd week of 12/12 (now wk5). NSK 2 & 3 have thinner leaflets than their sister and were slow to show gender. If I run them again I'll top early and transplant prior to sexing...and not half-ass the LST/defoliation. All are in 3 gal/11L fabric pots of Fox Farms Happy Frog with a tbsp of dolomite and mycorrhizae. Keeping it simple, so again going with Build-A-Soil Craft Blend (monthly) and Dr. Earth (Gaia Green photoperiod schedule). I'm also watering with Recharge every other watering.

Hey man, hope these little devas can help get you regenerate. I once grew a noname Pure Power Plant that really ad astra'd me...watching the stars at night it gave me the impression i get warped into space along my direction of view...pretty crazy potent...a touch too much actually...pretty trippy...

Hey man, hope these little devas can help get you regenerate. I once grew a noname Pure Power Plant that really ad astra'd me...watching the stars at night it gave me the impression i get warped into space along my direction of view...pretty crazy potent...a touch too much actually...pretty trippy...

Thanks much! On the positive side I'm exploring lines I wouldn't have considered before.

As for Power Plant, haven't had it, but it sounds like serious business if it sent you that hard. Who was the breeder if you don't mind? Might have to squeeze that into the short list...and pass the recommendation to my friend. Sounds like the trippy Black Domina I grew my first year.

Exactly, if i wouldnt follow the rule 'practice what you preach' i wouldve suggested to use what you got before you look for the next thing but that has never worked out for me...hustle is my meditation cannabis my medication...

tumblr_nedr4u8uGn1ro8ysbo1_500.gifv

Bent and Tied the NSKs down a bit more this morning. The other strains are starting to muddy the waters (smell-wise), but pretty sure NSK-1 was giving off vanilla or buttercream and incense. I know it'll probably change as the plant matures, but damn I don't want it to.

Exactly, if i wouldnt follow the rule 'practice what you preach' i wouldve suggested to use what you got before you look for the next thing but that has never worked out for me...hustle is my meditation cannabis my medication...

Sage advice. If only it wasn't so easy to veer off the path. So many strains, so little time....

NSK-1's buttercream is stronger than incense, but it's pleasant. Enough to tempt one's sweet tooth if so inclined. Then comes a whiff of diesel and grape soda from the PPD next door and nope out of there fast. Just glad it NSK smells nothing like MKS (my inner mad scientist wonders what truly rank smell could come from crossing the PPD and MKS). Wish I'd kept the NSK clones, but having my house worked on, so had to let some stuff go.

Tied down NSK-3 since I'm trying to keep it small (Day 8 of 12/12). Hopefully this makes it more manageable than it's older siblings.
NSK F8.jpg

Trouble in the backstretch

Was out of town for a few days and came back to this. Any ideas?

20231104_065951.jpg20231104_065942.jpg
Leaf examples

20231104_070015.jpg
Whole plant

It's randomly distributed mostly on the upper part of the plant. NSK-1 already had minor tip burn...assumed I had the lights up too high or maybe too much top dress, especially with our temps bouncing between warm to cold, so backed off on both two weeks ago. I watered it before leaving town for a few days. Septoria is rampant here in the fall, though this is a more mottled than what I see outside. There are two fans (one down low, one up high) plus the infline for airflow. NSK-1 occasionally throws mutated leaves, but overall felt is was mostly normal until now. Hoping it's just cold temps and wet roots, but whatever it is I want to deal with it ASAP. I have the 2 other NSKs, a PPD, and 2 Chernobyls in there...nothing else in the tent is affected.

Chaos.jpg
Flower tent as of yesterday (I did some defoliation just after taking this, so it's not quite this full)

Attachments

• 20231104_065931.jpg
    20231104_065931.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231104_065918.jpg
    20231104_065918.jpg
    751.3 KB · Views: 11
Trouble in the backstretch

Was out of town for a few days and came back to this. Any ideas?

View attachment 78039View attachment 78038
Leaf examples

View attachment 78040
Whole plant

It's randomly distributed mostly on the upper part of the plant. NSK-1 already had minor tip burn...assumed I had the lights up too high or maybe too much top dress, especially with our temps bouncing between warm to cold, so backed off on both two weeks ago. I watered it before leaving town for a few days. Septoria is rampant here in the fall, though this is a more mottled than what I see outside. There are two fans (one down low, one up high) plus the infline for airflow. NSK-1 occasionally throws mutated leaves, but overall felt is was mostly normal until now. Hoping it's just cold temps and wet roots, but whatever it is I want to deal with it ASAP. I have the 2 other NSKs, a PPD, and 2 Chernobyls in there...nothing else in the tent is affected.

View attachment 78041
Flower tent as of yesterday (I did some defoliation just after taking this, so it's not quite this full)
Looks like water spilled on the leaves. Is that a possibility? Plant still looks great to me

I'm afraid you might be right. I'm usually vigilant about outdoor pathogens, but the doors and windows were open last week due to having some house repairs done. As I briefly mentioned septoria is rampant outdoors in this area. This is different than it's usual presentation, but definitely sus. Sigh.

20221003_125847.jpg
This is how it usually looks here....shows up on everything in late-summer/fall :poop:

Good suggestion.

Changed clothes, gloved up and removed any leaves that looked remotely suspicious and a couple large fans to improve airflow.
Scoped the removed leaves and didn't notice anything that looked like bugs, larvae, or eggs. The undersides of the damaged areas are have a dry discolored grey-ish look.

Temp/RH is now up to 76F (24.4C) / 56%. I'll try to tweak this. Guess if the spotting shows up again I'll do a peroxide spray and pray.

To me it looks like cold and wet feet.

If you own a decent microscope you could scan the affected leaves for fungal activity.

By raising the temps and removing affected leaves you should be ok.
Check if the root mass isn't to cold, seen this problem in the past.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd rather cold, wet roots be the issue opposed to septoria. The house was chilly while we were gone. We use heating oil, so was trying to economize. The tent is sitting at 79F (26 C) / 55% now. I'll make sure it doesn't drop much after lights out. If necessary I can add a space heater or heated propagation mats if a pot elevator doesn't do the trick. NSK-1's pot in particular did seem a bit cold and wet to me.

The grey areas could be signs of fungal growth. Affected leaves were already disposed of, but I'll recheck if it returns.

To me it looks like cold and wet feet.
I'm definitely leaning toward root rot. Kicking myself for turning down the thermostat after giving it extra water. Told my husband no more out of town trips while I'm in flower, because it never fails to result in some sort of BS.

Not sure whether to let it ride as I try to get her dried down or repot and reveg so I can start over.

I'd take clones from the lower shoots, and reveg those for flowering later. After, I would pop the plant out of its container and check those roots. Treat them if neccessary with peroxide, then repot and hope for the best for the remainder of flowering.

Why waste what effort you have put in? Besides, if it handles treatment of roots and a repotting during flower, then you know that you have a TOUGH plant on your hands. Might be worth keeping. Free stress test šŸ˜‚

Back