Outdoors 37 Degrees South

Heading into a cold wet couple of days.
With a thunderstorm and wild weather likely I am probably going to take the SSH down tomorrow morning.
The trichome check yesterday showed about a 50/50 mix of clear and cloudy. No amber.
Not really sure what to do. The buds are very dense and will be prone to mold from now on.
Quick dried and combined with some Mango Haze the effects are already very good
Maybe I should wait.........harvest at the first sign of any mold.
What would wiser heads than mine do?

IMG_1307 - Copy.JPGIMG_1308 - Copy.JPGIMG_1318 - Copy.JPG

This last picture shows all three together.
SSH on the left, Volunteer 2 in the foreground and a monster Mango Haze out the back.
Looking for all the world like ''The Piff" as some would say.
I had to cut about a foot and a half off of about 8 main leaders as it just got too big!
Volunteer 2 is a cross of Critical Haze (f) x Critical Mass (m).
Also had to be topped for stealth reasons.
The smell has matured to a lemon lime splice (icypole) aroma but with added depth.

Last edited:
Heading into a cold wet couple of days.
With a thunderstorm and wild weather likely I am probably going to take the SSH down tomorrow morning.
The trichome check yesterday showed about a 50/50 mix of clear and cloudy. No amber.
Not really sure what to do. The buds are very dense and will be prone to mold from now on.
Quick dried and combined with some Mango Haze the effects are already very good
Maybe I should wait.........harvest at the first sign of any mold.
What would wiser heads than mine do?

View attachment 71771View attachment 71772View attachment 71773

This last picture shows all three together.
SSH on the left, Volunteer 2 in the foreground and a monster Mango Haze out the back.
Looking for all the world like ''The Piff" as some would say.
Volunteer 2 is a cross of Critical Haze (f) x Critical Mass (m).
The smell has matured to a lemon lime splice (icypole) aroma but with an added menthol depth.
I’m struggling with the odd moulding plant, I hate harvesting early I try and take em as far as I can by checking everyday sometimes twice and chop out the moulded stuff. I take out generally more than I have too, to try and slow the spread. It’s a perfect environment this year for fungus all the agricultural crops here are suffering from blights and mildew. So far a good mushroom season too.

Yeah @Fish , this next cold snap and rain should see mushrooms popping up again.
Time to fill the jars again. :p

Maybe I will wait a bit. I would like to see more milky trich's.
This SSH pheno goes from being euphoric to a bit stupifying if you let it go too long.
So no amber for this one preferably.

I appreciate the kind words and thanks for your advice fellas.
I decided to leave it a little longer.
I don't really feel like I am waiting for mold, really just waiting for the plant to tell me it has reached its peak.
If mold creeps in first then I will just cut my losses and harvest.
The only spot with any so far was where a caterpillar made a home.
So fingers crossed she is relatively mold resistant.

I have mentioned this before but the most potent plant I have grown to date was harvested in early May after weeks of solid rain.
So for those people in the US that would be early November.
Still with mostly white pistils but a serious day-changing effect!! Fully awake but unable to move and lift head.
Reading that description it sounds less than desirable but once some tolerance built up it would be the first to go as it was less debilitating with use. Anyway, I better sign off, I'm starting to ramble.

It has been interesting to note the difference between the SSH grown indoors and the one grown outdoors. Allowing for the fact that my lights are nothing special and setup far from ideal, it still is amazing. The outdoor SSH buds are three times as big and much nicer in my eyes.
Chopped her down yesterday and I am still wrangling with the smell she is putting off. After reading unnamedmikes thread I am starting to pick up a burnt rubber smell. Like somebody just did a burn out but it is not overly pronounced. A friends smell report was one word, dank.

Greetings fellow flower lovers,

I dim sum thinking and realized that indoors my girls go straight to 13 hours dark.
This is for evaluation reasons.
To push them through and select.
That accounts for the much smaller size.

Now, the reason I am writing this post.
This is for any indoor selectors and outdoor growers like myself.

Sometimes what you see indoors is not what you see outdoors.
Be careful not to make final selections until tested outside.
You may be throwing out something special. That is all.

One other thing though, before I toss up a few more pics is to remember what I recently forgot.

Fish emulsion is a very friendly fertilizer for cannabis plants and treats a wide range of deficiencies.
By far the friendliest product for correcting nitrogen deficiencies in my opinion.
Not friendly for the fish but here in Oz it is made from a pest species. (introduced Carp)

Last edited:
Mango in the rain

IMG_1338 - Copy.JPG

SSH after a few weeks in the jar has taken over from the indoor Mango Haze as my go to.
Much improved sleep and still functional throughout the majority of the day.
The depth of flavour will improve as it cures.
Really nice smoke though, very happy I didn't toss this one, as I was going to based on my indoor experience with her.
Around Anzac Day would have been an optimal harvest date.
Mango wants to keep going. So I took a couple lower branches and have left the rest to keep going.
Needs a week to 10 days more in my eyes, but the weather is closing in.
A race to the finish between the weather and my selections.
Trichome check shows mostly milky so I am winning either way.
I made a typo earlier and called one of the plants Angel Heart it is in fact Angel's Breath.
This one I will include a photo of later but it may prove to be not suitable outdoors at this location.
Very late finisher.
10 week finishers are probably best for my climate until I can get a greenhouse.
Considering starting the longer flowering ones inside next year and turning them out to finish under the sun.
This would appear to be a good compromise as long as I can predict there onset of flowering outdoors.
Not sure, but here where I am that would be, for sativas, sometime after mid-February

Greetings,

A quick update.

Firstly, something I noticed today.
A genetic abnormality if you will on the Mango Hz.

IMG_1344 - Copy.JPG

Ravaged by the wind yesterday but still maintaining her dignity
IMG_1345 - Copy.JPG

I forget what this one is now. Typical stoner!
Anyway it's either La Nina or Angel's Breath.
IMG_1346 - Copy.JPG

Close up
IMG_1347 - Copy.JPG

This is another one, the other volunteer. Self-seeded.
IMG_1348 - Copy.JPG

Back