Outdoor 23/24

A little update from Haze Corner and Indie City.
We had some high winds and a bit of a storm the last few days and went to check them and I’ve had a couple blow over no real damage just getting a bit big for their boots!
Haze corner
All cuddling up at the time of the photo they have been re staked. There’s 4 plants in that jumbled mess. But bulking up well still a couple of weeks for the earlier ones. Zooming in will help. There’s Mango Haze x AC’s, Doors and Holy Smoke in there.
7408F134-0270-420F-AD85-24A63AE1A51C.jpeg5EE932B1-04B7-4789-B2EE-5E1146E7D4E4.jpeg

Indie City
Lost a couple earlier in summer with weather and a couple blown over this time. So looking a little worse for wear today. They’ll perk up again. Not far to go on most.
Critical skunks and Nordle’s
35B2C30B-DEE2-4912-90C4-2B8F3EA11FDB.jpegA67A744D-75CD-48BC-A3C4-7B9E741E7DC6.jpeg9D66B988-25D4-4A68-A9DC-BFF17D683B1C.jpegE5F30689-2868-4CE5-9DF6-DF3642DF52C4.jpeg8ED2AD6F-D428-498E-AF8D-1ECCDE17071E.jpeg

Cheers
Fish

Looking great, Fish! IME a little storm stress makes them bigger and stronger! :) Gonna get a lotta nice bud this year! :love:

Longball
Thanks Longball! Yeah a bit of stress doesn’t hurt. Long-range forecast looks nice and dry with cool nights. Daylight hours are diminishing and down to 11hrs, won’t be long and I’m gunna have a fair bit of work on my hands.

A little update from Haze Corner and Indie City.
We had some high winds and a bit of a storm the last few days and went to check them and I’ve had a couple blow over no real damage just getting a bit big for their boots!
Haze corner
All cuddling up at the time of the photo they have been re staked. There’s 4 plants in that jumbled mess. But bulking up well still a couple of weeks for the earlier ones. Zooming in will help. There’s Mango Haze x AC’s, Doors and Holy Smoke in there.
View attachment 84844View attachment 84845

Indie City
Lost a couple earlier in summer with weather and a couple blown over this time. So looking a little worse for wear today. They’ll perk up again. Not far to go on most.
Critical skunks and Nordle’s
View attachment 84847View attachment 84848View attachment 84849View attachment 84846View attachment 84850

Cheers
Fish

Beautiful plants in a pittoresque outdoor scenery :)

Now since growing is legal in Germany I have to grow one plant on my balcony (y)

Thanks for the inspiration
MB

Last edited:
Hi all. I’ve been very busy with work lately and didn’t take many photos of my ladies at their end sorry. I have just taken my last one though a little Neville’s haze that didn’t stretch or grow much at all not sure if I did something or it was just the plant. But either way it has survived through some crap and now it’s winter and just starting to get a bit of rot after some cold crappy rain.
Here’s a couple of pictures.
0CA0FB63-932F-4B57-AB1B-AD75B94FB7BC.jpegB03A127A-C447-4E07-9B1C-26D18AED42FF.jpeg347CC35C-F7E5-44AF-8FA5-8992157FB21F.jpeg
And my decision maker
738B287D-D38B-4EA1-A60D-385C139FFA7B.jpeg
As @longball said, “So much better than last year”! Most have dried and on their way to curing nicely. Smoke reports coming soon and won’t be long and it’ll be time to plan next season.
Cheers
Fish

Thank you! Yes there are @Diesel840. Pretty much everything. Terp-wise NL5xAfghan, Bubblelisious, Mango Haze x AC, Doors,
NL5xHaze, Nordle, CBD Critical Mass are the most stinky of my lot this year. Gandhi is smelly just sort of generic old school smell if that makes sense. I’ve had one joint of it so far for shits and giggles obviously I felt nothing from it but it was nice and smooth. I have to try again now to see what it’s like after a couple of months. I guess I better get cracking on my smoke report aye!

Ok here we go with the smoke reports.
First one is Gandhi. Feels odd doing a smoke report on Gandhi I don’t intend to smoke it. It is going into coconut oil and then chocolate and my first attempt at gummy’s.
D727311C-A92A-425D-B81C-00D3C74BE887.jpeg
E6B06BE5-9703-4934-8392-839BADC3C02C.jpeg
I think she would have grown better without me messing with her. She liked less food than a haze! Very quick flowering. Like I said before she had a generic cannabis smell, not strong at all so pretty stealthy to grow.
I rolled a joint and took a few draws without lighting it. She had a sweet taste with almost sour notes following it. Upon lighting it all sweetness went. It burns really well and has a very smooth smoke. The flavour is different a mix of cardboard and cordite? Can’t say I didn’t enjoy it though I love the smell of cordite! Haha. After the joint I feel contented and calm. It’s late morning and I’ve had nothing else to smoke, yet. Maybe still getting a bit of the munchies. It’s nice.
Definitely not going to be smoked though bought and grown solely for medicinal purposes.
More of you fullas and fullesses need to give her a try! At least for the medicinal qualities.
Cheers
Fish

Give those slugs a place to hide during the day! A simple piece of wood like plywood placed near your garden will “collect” them. Then kill them or relocate them to your compost pile. DE- diatomaceous earth as a barrier spread around on drier days.

mu
Radishes will also draw them away from other things. The radishes themselves are tough enough to take it. Easy to sprout/ grow and the seed is generally dirt cheap. Just found this profoundly useful, in an are where you are at FUCKING WAR with them, for cool season (rainy season) crops)

The trouble I found, with DE is that it holds moisture so readily and the moister it is, the less of a barrier. Then with the "Sluggo" pellets. What it is, is an inert binder, some sort of attractant and a trace amount of iron (II) phosphate as the poison (not saying this part to you Mu) So what ended up happening. Is that conditions would eventually select for a population of slugs, who were not drawn to whatever the bait is. For the record, the one thing, I have observed, that slugs can't say "no" to, is other dead slugs.

I was doing a road trip with my mom, and we were at the tip of the Olympic Peninsula. We were staying at this hotel, run by an older Japanese man and his wife. His plants were perfect to the point of suspecting wizardry. Considering every day at dusk, a veritable swarm of black, snot filled locusts, comes out of the proverbial woodwork. So I asked him how he did it. He said he used other plants to draw them off but had no idea what the English names were (and was not sure that he would just give up such secrets anyways)

One plant, I have found, that does this, is the radish. You get an edible root, leaves, seedpods, AND they attract pollinators and draw slugs off of your other plants. Few people are this useful.

Correct. I just meant as a generality as per the whole companion planting philosophy. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Absolutely beautiful grow log.

The seed pods, still immature, stir fry up really nicely, kind of like green beans, if you aren't familiar. As a generality, I find the leaves of Asian varieties to be less coarse. The Czech variety "Zlata" though, is what made me fall in love. That... and the fact that its less of an uphill battle than growing a lot of the warm season stuff in my little, highland microclimate.

Last edited:
G13 x Afghan Skunk
I’ve wanted this ever since I saw the tester results a couple of years ago. As I’ve said before there’s a little bit of nostalgia involved with this fine lady too. I cracked four seeds and got one female. I killed off all males and grew out this one. I found her very easy to grow with very typical Afghan structure. Very strong thick stems/branches. Quick flowering and very stealthy (not much smell on this one anyway).
C94BEF5E-C494-4F47-A885-A4B865DC6A20.jpeg97BF287A-B99C-4BC9-A0BA-1A351EFAB801.jpeg509689F2-568A-4488-9356-241FA9B99EA2.jpeg41BCAC85-AAF0-4F23-BB6D-D167A52A36B5.jpeg3D8CE322-F157-49D0-8281-77B48E58EE59.jpeg26D78083-E4A4-4855-ACFF-930BA043E126.jpeg
B67FD71F-6B0A-4FEF-BD0E-4DEAF8D312CA.jpeg
33CDFE57-EFC8-4B3B-9067-658F6CEA5A42.jpeg
When I take an unlit draw on a joint it tastes and smells sour, more acidic fruit with a sweet skunk background. Not strong smelling just when broken up. Once lit she’s a real lung compressor and has me wheezing half way through a joint. Flavour is a dark dank, slight chocolate flavour not sweet maybe more like carob or a chocolate malt in a mash.
Heavy stone for a good while to, accompanied with a nice happy feeling. Good for before bed.
F46EE294-0AE0-469A-82FD-8B3931721A0B.jpeg
Finger hash on the left and dry sieve on the right. Small amount but delicious very pungent hash.
Can’t wait to try the rest of the seeds.
Cheers
Fish

Back