Ortega outdoor finish date?

frosty420

Hello!

I have been a long time reader here at MNS and enjoy all the info. There is a lot to learn and most of it can be found easaly here. World class genetics with some very educated grower can make for some mind popping reads.

I have been a long time indoor grower, hydro, soil, bla bla bla. But have recently started to love growing outdoors. Big plants just doing there thing for a few months just seems right.

Anyways, I live up north and winter comes fast up this way. MN.. I need plants that finish early and MNS has a lot of choices for me and my area but I was wondering when a Ortega would start to flower up here in the north for me.I'm asking because I fell in love with her when she first came out. Her and I would kill it in a RDWC! Lol

Any info on the Ortega would be nice... Size, mold resestince, reaction to organic ferts,....

Thanks in advance, I hope someone could help point me in the right direction.

F420

Hi

well the only concern where you live with Ortega is with early rains and high humidity...as it tends to be compact dense flower. The best maybe to erect a plastic roof similar to a tent covering to deflect excess water in this time...all the best sb

July threw September seems to be a faverbale time of year for cannabis here in Minnesota. So if I were to find a plant that flowers early and finishes by mid to late September I would be able to avoid this problem.

You don't know when Ortega starts/finishes outdoors do you? I was thinking that it being Afghan it would start to flower sooner then later. I want a chunky budded plant. I enjoy the indica's. I want to give your critical mass a try but would like to go with the Ortega just because of its legendary status. I will deal with the bud rot when it comes

Thanks for the reply SB. It means a lot!

Last edited:
Back