Ortega: Indoor Grow Journal

Ortega Update

Here was my favorite plant at week 4. Both pics are the same plant.

Flower_4-1.JPG

Flower_4-2.JPG

Hope you like her too.

Comparison

Another Ortega vs La Niña comparison.

Keep in mind the La Niña is had no veg and was 2 weeks behind the Ortega.

Flower_4-3.JPG

Hey brother they both look healthy as can be. Looks good. They look opposite of what I thought they'd look. Thanks for the pics Scrog.

Ortega

Well. Gonna try to post another update. I'm blazed to the bone and in a zone. I edited these pictures as well tonight so if they crazy or dumb, I've got an excuse. This and the next pics are week 6 of flowering.

Flowering_Week_6_10-1_.JPG

Oh yeah, that monster in the corner is the baby La Niña that's tagging along in this thread.

Flowering_Week_6_8-1_.JPG

Last edited:
i wanna read the last page!

FREAKIN AWESOME work, bud!! i was 80% sure they were my next pick, but now i'm SOLD,SOLD, SOLD!! hell, i feel like ordering them today! thanks for the work, scrog; it's a blessing and a half.. cheers! j j

p.s. like said before, u got crazy thread-styles ! much respect.

Hi All,

Great thread here - props.

I have the Ortega Madness:

symptoms= shaking hands, sweaty palms, increased heartrate, rereading Ortega threads and a burnt & melted creditcard from ordering so many packs of Ortega even though I have 5 MNS varieties I have not run yet in the fridge. I wonder if other MNSers have Ortega OCD? Am I alone in this obsession? It seems to be getting worse as I now am fantasizing about SSH and NL5xAf...Please please Mr Postman bring me some seeds!

You Grateful Gardener, P77 :D

Hi All,

Great thread here - props.

I have the Ortega Madness:

symptoms= shaking hands, sweaty palms, increased heartrate, rereading Ortega threads and a burnt & melted creditcard from ordering so many packs of Ortega even though I have 5 MNS varieties I have not run yet in the fridge. I wonder if other MNSers have Ortega OCD? Am I alone in this obsession? It seems to be getting worse as I now am fantasizing about SSH and NL5xAf...Please please Mr Postman bring me some seeds!

You Grateful Gardener, P77 :D

Khun ba mak ;)in a Mr.Nice way...

Last edited:
Thanks for the input bucketbong! Sounds like you have a lot of experience with these plants.
7-3.jpg

Ortega vs La Niña

I'm going to keep this comparison going. This is a picture of Ortega pheno#3 (which turn out to be my favorite). Next to it is a picture of the same plant next the "baby" La Niña that's tagging along. It's amazing to think that this LN is 2 weeks behind in flowering and received no vegetation stage, yet it is already 3X taller than the Ortega.

7-4.jpg

Mortega

Last one for week 7. Hope I'm not posting too many pics. Let me know if it gets to be too much.

7-6.jpg

7-5.jpg

Hi Scrog.
Great tread bro.Good work. Your plants look beautiful and healthy .
I want to wish you all the best and keep growing and sharing your work .
Good luck and happy harvest .;)

Ortega O-dear!

Geeze they are Northern Lights looking plants now Scroggy. Those triangular , almost long pyramid shaped type buds remind me of so many NL plants Ive seen. I actually made some NL seeds in 1994. First indoor seeds I ever made . I selected three males and open pollinated 3 females. This was from BCSC stock that supposedly derived from Nevs actual NL5 clone. I must have grown out a thousand of them over a 5 year period. So many of them had that triangular looking main cola . The clone we selected from a later( 1996 i think) purchase of BCSC Northern Lights looks so much like those last two photos . The smell of the one we kept is hard to describe . A herbal stink with just a slight edge of citrus. Compared to my 2002 THSeeds HeavyDuty Fruity cutting the Northern Lights STINKS! When I grew out all the f2 seed I used to get this pheno that was a one in 25 plant. Taller with longer internodes than most of her siblings , this girl was incredible pot. She had a very,very blue colour,even the buds were a blue but were absolutely covered in resin. The taste and aroma were like the tastiest tropical fruit. Much appreciated Scroggy.

Dats what I needed 2 hear!;)

I've got a seedling that WREAKS!

Str8up Sour Diesel.:cool:

Ortega: Finale

Ok here's the pictorial wrap up to what was a very pleasant grow. I wasn't able to spend as much time catering to them this time around and I think they still turned out alright. Wish I could have done some higher quality photos for the end but you'll just have to live with the $100 camera photos.

Here was my only 8 week plant.

Flowering_Week_8_1-1_.JPG

Back