Organic>non organic myth or reality?

Tom bolenate

2021 COE Winner
Hi guys,

When talking about food most people think than organic fruits and vegetables taste better.
But when you set up a blind experiment comparing organic food VS non organic nobody is able to see any difference.
Same with their nutritive properties...most ppl think organic contains more nutrients... But when you make analysis to compare there are no differences or very few difference on a very few compounds.

So do you know if such scientic comparison have been made in the US legal states comparing cannabis strains grow organic vs non organic (with everything the same for others growing condition) ? Would be interesting to split a large greenhouse in two side one organic and the other regular and compare honestly the end product.

So does organic is really better or finally just a marketing trick?

Last edited:
on weed you see a diffenrece beetween organic and mineral

the taste is more chimical with mineral and the yield is bigger than organic

the bud are more compact with mineral too

i have try in mineral in indoor

hesi

vaalseberg garden

plagron mineral

i found the rising more hard with mineral and the tsate of weed to much altered

on weed you see a diffenrece beetween organic and mineral

the taste is more chimical with mineral and the yield is bigger than organic

the bud are more compact with mineral too

i have try in mineral in indoor

hesi

vaalseberg garden

plagron mineral

i found the rising more hard with mineral and the tsate of weed to much altered
Hi brah,

That what people say for food when they compare organic VS non organic when they know who is who.... But in blind tasting it doesn't work like that...

La bise !

Hi brah,

That what people say for food when they compare organic VS non organic when they know who is who.... But in blind tasting it doesn't work like that...

La bise !

je suis sure de faire la différence avec de la beuh pour les fruit et légumes ca doit être plus compliqué

Hi guys,

When talking about food most people think than organic fruits and vegetables taste better.
But when you set up a blind experiment comparing organic food VS non organic nobody is able to see any difference.
Same with their nutritive properties...most ppl think organic contains more nutrients... But when you make analysis to compare there are no differences or very few difference on a very few compounds.

So do you know if such scientic comparison have been made in the US legal states comparing cannabis strains grow organic vs non organic (with everything the same for others growing condition) ? Would be interesting to split a large greenhouse in two side one organic and the other regular and compare honestly the end product.

So does organic is really better or finally just a marketing trick?

ok, so I love organic growing, much more than using synthetics.

I am currently using synthetics.

when I grow my vegetables, and I use synthetic or organic fertilizers, they both come out great. when I add biological additives like LABS, EM1, IMO, or store bought consortiums, the synethics become better, as good or better than grows that some long time organic growers, consider their best.

when I grow organically, I do way less micro management over the whole cycle,, but a little bit more work at the beginning.

many people will say some of the dumbest things, especially young men from California, about the overly great quality of organic Cannabis, and not realize that the 70 year old man, who grew the dankest skunk weed they ever smoked, probably used Lucas Formula, and Super Thrive, and Kelp extract powder. and was grown w/ the cheapest bulb money could buy, or just out in the sun.

Can you grow better plants with organics? yes! because its way fucking easier for someone who likes to pretend they are dumb, or lazy people.

Can you grow plants better with synthetics than w/ organics? yes!!! you just have to do a little bit more work to get there. you won't have the buffer of all the soil organisms if you didn't add any.

Anyone, who blanketly says that organics is better than synthetics, has never grown a plant that when grown in organically indoors, grows like shit(Cheese, Subcools Dairy Queen). you put a clones, from your organically grown, slow growing, stunted, weak lookin Dairy Queen plant,, into a flood table, a DWC bucket, or an aeroponics unit, w/ 700-900ppm in flower, and its gonna be 10 times happier than in the 2000+ppm of organic soil.

Now, when you grow cuttings of the same variety, both hydro and organic in the same space, in a blind test, your patients and you should be able to tell which one is better. depending on the variety, its very likely yall will choose the one that had the easier time to do its secondary(terpenes, cannabinoids anthocyanin creation) life processes. unless you are experienced, it is likely that "blind" test, would come back for the organic bud each time, until you grow the plant enough times w/ synthetics to figure it out. usually 3 or 4 for me.

The only reason I buy organic is to avoid pesticides
and that doesn't even work half the time! it just changes how much you get because big organic producers can still use systemics, they just cant use them as late into the season. I like to grow my own fruits and vegetables. Take a look at the books Square Foot Gardening, Sepp Holtzer's Permaculture, and Gaia's Garden, along with many suburban homesteading titles that are just rehashes of the same information.

The only reason I buy organic is to avoid pesticides
Don't know for weed in us but for vegetables here in France most ppl believe that organic = without pesticide....but that's wrong.
Organic growers use pesticides, but only "naturals" not synthetics. And natural pesticides aren't healthier than synthetics. For example neem oil is natural but it kills insect so it's a pesticide and it's proven that it is toxic for human Beeing and for thevevironement. Those natural pesticide are less efficient than synthetics that are optimized one so they have to use more.
Studies have proven than ppl eating organic aren't healthier or have less cancer.
So even the argument than organic is healthier or better for the planet is bullshit.
Organic yield less, so you need more surface to produce the same quantities so it means more deforestation and more destruction of natural environment for wildlife.

Don't know for weed in us but for vegetables here in France most ppl believe that organic = without pesticide....but that's wrong.
Organic growers use pesticides, but only "naturals" not synthetics. And natural pesticides aren't healthier than synthetics. For example neem oil is natural but it kills insect so it's a pesticide and it's proven that it is toxic for human Beeing and for thevevironement. Those natural pesticide are less efficient than synthetics that are optimized one so they have to use more.
Studies have proven than ppl eating organic aren't healthier or have less cancer.
So even the argument than organic is healthier or better for the planet is bullshit.
Organic yield less, so you need more surface to produce the same quantities so it means more deforestation and more destruction of natural environment for wildlife.

which is why integrated pest management is the key! we start out with predation and parasitization, and work up to killing pesticdes!

i totaly disagree with that organic not kill the environement you no need more space because in outdoor mineral is a no sense
organic can be solid like animals shit ect that good for the outdoor but the fertilizer should be use only in pot not in the ground (organic or not) is just good to destroyed freatic tablecloth

if i will put my plant is the ground with out pot i will not used fertilizer but only solid materials not liquid

i totaly disagree with that organic not kill the environement you no need more space because in outdoor mineral is a no sense
organic can be solid like animals shit ect that good for the outdoor but the fertilizer should be use only in pot not in the ground (organic or not) is just good to destroyed freatic tablecloth

if i will put my plant is the ground with out pot i will not used fertilizer but only solid materials not liquid
Salut,
Un petit lien intéressant qui fait le tour de la question (pour la production de fruit et légume).
Le type à un doctorat en amélioration des plantes.

@Tom bolenate "Organic growers use pesticides, but only "naturals" not synthetics. And natural pesticides aren't healthier than synthetics. For example neem oil is natural but it kills insect so it's a pesticide and it's proven that it is toxic for human Beeing and for thevevironement. Those natural pesticide are less efficient than synthetics that are optimized one so they have to use more.
Studies have proven than ppl eating organic aren't healthier or have less cancer. "

That's interesting, I'll look up Neem again, we use it on our pets as a deterrent for ticks and fleas. I'm still not convinced I should be consuming anything that has been sprayed by Roundup. I really don't mind finding worms in my broccoli. No easy answers to this subject

Peux tu repeter ceci en francais, je ne comprends pas ton message? C'est un sujet interessant

Yup, the label “bio” should be without pesticdes, but even then...
For weed (personal use) I don’t care, for food on a mass scale we should consider wildlife and environment. But that’s on each individual to decide.

@Tom bolenate "Organic growers use pesticides, but only "naturals" not synthetics. And natural pesticides aren't healthier than synthetics. For example neem oil is natural but it kills insect so it's a pesticide and it's proven that it is toxic for human Beeing and for thevevironement. Those natural pesticide are less efficient than synthetics that are optimized one so they have to use more.
Studies have proven than ppl eating organic aren't healthier or have less cancer. "

That's interesting, I'll look up Neem again, we use it on our pets as a deterrent for ticks and fleas. I'm still not convinced I should be consuming anything that has been sprayed by Roundup. I really don't mind finding worms in my broccoli. No easy answers to this subject

Peux tu repeter ceci en francais, je ne comprends pas ton message? C'est un sujet interessant

l'utilisation des engrais liquide ne devrait concerner que les plantes en pot car en plein sol cela fini dans les nappe phréatique

i think the word organic in english and biologique in french have not the same signification

because biologique is a label with standards to be respected and not only the plant was feeding with organic

in the bio label you can use copper sulfate or sulfur

i think the word organic in english and biologique in french have not the same signification

because biologique is a label with standards to be respected and not only the plant was feeding with organic

in the bio label you can use copper sulfate or sulfur
Oh you can use more than that....
Pesticides are allowed.. If they come from natural source... And natural doesn't mean not toxic or not armful.
Neem oil was used for a long time in bio agriculture and appeared to be extremly toxic for bees for instance and is an hormones perturbator for humans and animals.

Oh you can use more than that....
Pesticides are allowed.. If they come from natural source... And natural doesn't mean not toxic or not armful.
Neem oil was used for a long time in bio agriculture and appeared to be extremly toxic for bees for instance and is an hormones perturbator for humans and animals.

it was just an exemple of product who are allow and are not organic on the bio label

Back