On the Search for a 60/40 Ind/Sat Medicine Man a.k.a White Rhino

Herbsman

image_4_.jpeg

image_3_.jpeg

image_2_.jpeg

image_1_.jpeg

image.jpeg

photo4.JPG

So on the hunt for a new keeper from the Medicine Man. This is a very specific search, looking for a very specific phenotype. For years we had a pheno in London that was a resin bomb. The specific characteristics we are looking for are:

56 day finisher, 60/40 Indy Sat split, shows little indi in leaf and structure, with hybrid looking serrated leaves with a very wide spaced out finger structure. The middle or second finger on at least one fan would always warp to the side. The end product was sheer oilyness. Literally sticks to your fingers when trimming, this plant was a charras makers dream. Had a good resistance to mould n rot, stretched approx 1.5x in flower and was good for 500g sq/m. Tight dense nuggets golf ball shaped, and pure white crystal coated goodness. The taste was earthy, but simultaneously like a pack of starburst. Abusive to say the least, and intensely strong.

1 in a 10000 pheno, so looking in a sample size of 25 aint exactly strategic. But I have high hopes, as these were old Med Man stock, i think sitting in his fridge for 10 years he tells me. Still got a 100% germ rate. We have loads left to germinate. Im working with sample sizes of no more than 10 at a time.

To level the playing field in this little adventure of mine, Shanti has very kindly gifted some extra special beans to help me in my quest. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce (F16 x M2) and (F21 x M2).

F16

image_9_.jpeg
image_8_.jpeg
image_7_.jpeg
image_6_.jpeg
image_5_.jpeg
image_4_1.jpeg
image_3_1.jpeg
image_2_1.jpeg
image_1_1.jpeg

F21

image_9_1.jpeg

image_8_1.jpeg

image_7_1.jpeg

image_5_1.jpeg

image_4_2.jpeg

image_2_2.jpeg

image_1_2.jpeg

image2.jpeg

These photos are a week or two old, I will update this real soon. I have now labelled the individuals, and will be pulling the males in due course.

Shanti has said he'd provide input when i'm ready, or should I say the plants are ready for pheno selection. There are some very interesting looking specimens. The F16s seem to have EXTREME serrated edges on the leaves,

photo_22.JPG

photo_11.JPG

and a couple of the F21 seem to have a strange mottling colouration

photo_32.JPG

This is my journey. Along the way we also have some Cure, SS/WW (Silver Widow), Caseys Widow, a CBD Outdoor to die for its so beautiful (so beautiful in fact , i really dont care how the buds finish) and white(Krome's) x G13/HP Feel free to join me. Enjoy the journey, we dont know where it will lead.

Peace

Last edited:
Dude..........so their F16 and F21 generation? That's crazy!!!

Ive got a couple going OD's at the moment...........their all frosty as hell and starting to get some nice colors happening.........2 look very indi dom and 2 are long,thin buds......all 4 are CAKED in trich's!!

Ive got some pics posted in the thread that's here in the MM sub forum.

I got my seeds earlier this year, I wonder what generation they are......

Good luck on yer quest.......Hope ya find what yer looking for!!!

def gonna be tagging along for the ride!

Keep up the good work!

Danny

Dude..........so their F16 and F21 generation? That's crazy!!!

Danny

Hi Danny.

The numbers don't represent generation. F16 and F21 are different female offspring from, I believe the same parents. Sisters you could say. M2 was the male in the paring, on both occasions. I think the male is a black widow. I'm not sure what number would have corresponded to the afghan mother of medicine man. But f16 x m2 and f21 x m2 will both be half brothers and/or sisters of med man/rhino and 1st cousins at the same time.

Last edited:
Ok so Shanti has stated that m2 is not the father of Med Man. TBH numbers and nomenclature do not matter. The proof is in the pudd pudd... So far, only 2 Med Man Females, from the 5. F16s have produced roughly 6 females and f21 slightly better ratio of female to male. I shall update in due course. Watch this space, they entered flower as of yesterday.

Ohh Yeah Herbsman.....Definetly watching this space...:eek::eek::eek:

Got me some Blue Rhino and a cup o Joe and an easy chair :D

N*S*E*W*

Ok so Shanti has stated that m2 is not the father of Med Man. TBH numbers and nomenclature do not matter. The proof is in the pudd pudd... So far, only 2 Med Man Females, from the 5. F16s have produced roughly 6 females and f21 slightly better ratio of female to male. I shall update in due course. Watch this space, they entered flower as of yesterday.

Right on man, looking forward to the show!!!

Everything's looking great, keep up the good work!

Danny

Hi guys, sorry but things took a quick turn, and before I knew it the space was FULL!!!!

Everything is looking very different from how they did above - BIGGER. Right now we have

f21 x m2 (labelled a b c e f and g) -

and

f16 x m2 ( labelled a b e f and g) - both these varieties are BEASTS!!!! They stretched insanely, for hybrids, and have very large inter node spacing. Their clones root well, and they grow the largest fan leaves you could imagine. one or two look to be longer flowering than the others.

only 2 of the med men were female (b and d)

It seems that I got bad stretch this round, with most of the seed plants. The cuts in the same room (super Silver x Widow) do not seem to have suffered the same stretch. So I will not be scrutinising structure so much this round, more quality of the bud at the end, and the general feel that the plant gives me. Right now 2 f16s and 2 f21s really stand out, and look similar in appearance.

This is a mother hunt. I will never underestimate the potential of seeds, they have grown so vigorously and filled the space too quick. next round should be a more uniform run. Cant get pics till weekend as I just dont have the time. Thanks for tuning in.

Medman is one of my favorite strains. Think I had 3 phenos all excellent, though stretch was a major issue with 2 phenos. Looking forward to the flower pics!!

image68.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

These are the F21s, which seem to be further along than the F16s. Much more indica in these and tbh more along the lines of what im looking for. I will get better shots of these soon enough. Not sure of aromas, and similarity to the original Rhino cutting im trying to replace here. Sorry for the poor shots best i can do at present.

Looks great!

Those are some good looking ladies you have there. I will be watching this grow for sure, and I can't wait to hear a smoke report. Good luck finding your ideal lady.

image68.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

These are the F21s, which seem to be further along than the F16s. Much more indica in these and tbh more along the lines of what im looking for. I will get better shots of these soon enough. Not sure of aromas, and similarity to the original Rhino cutting im trying to replace here. Sorry for the poor shots best i can do at present.

Where did you go, need report?

Sorry, I just saw the posts.

Its been a while. Unfortunately I did not find what I was looking for in Med Man, But the search isnt over just yet, as I have at least 10 more beans to run....

So I ended up with 2 females from the Medicine Man. I did rather better with the F21 and F16.

Medicine Man there was 2 phenos. One 9 weeker another 11. The 11 weeker. There really wasnt anything to shout about with either, and both kind of smelled of shit! Could smell the afghan/skunkiness to it, but not what I remember of Rhino.. And definitely not the flavour smell profile that i recall of the strain either. But "2 females is hardly a sample"....Shanti's words lol!

The longer flowering Med Man was boring, and tbh if it ain't done in 9 & 1/2 weeks max it ain't the one. They had ok buzz, not stoney or sharp enough. A little bland in effect!

Thats best I can do for now. It was like 2/3 months ago. Lungs forget quickly!

Herb- thanks for getting back to us. It's often frustrating to follow a grow and then suddenly, WTF where did it go?

M

Herbsman, I think I have the pheno you are talking about, in a package of 18 seeds. It has a month and a half to live, a great specimen

That would be great to see. Can you post some pics if possible?
Yes I will put photos in my gallery, when the season ends, by stealth, for now you can see it in my Avatar, when I was a baby. He's a sticky monster right now (growing outdoors)

Back