Northern Widow (NL5/Hz x Black Widow)

The best plant at the end...

Harvested Northern Widow 2 at day 82

quick overview

- huge harvest far space given :)
- bit foxtaily buds with honey smells :)
- phenomenal trichome coverage :)
- sweet, bit fruity, full dought like smells :)
- some seeds in seedbud, made with WACO male pollen :)
! (simmilarities to WACO - the looks, the smells, trichome coverage)!

🕷️💘victory picture 💘🕷️

View attachment 78740

main buds

View attachment 78741View attachment 78742View attachment 78743

macros

View attachment 78745View attachment 78747View attachment 78748View attachment 78749

full size to be seen in media;)
I was thinking hit my vape but I m already stooned form your pictures :love:o_O.
Great work !!!!:)

I cant wait she the Nh X mango grow!!!!

I was thinking hit my vape but I m already stooned form your pictures :love:o_O.
Great work !!!!:)

I cant wait she the Nh X mango grow!!!!
Iam still looking at these photos too...
Just trying NW3 ... blast in eyes, then straight up !!

Wonder what NW2 would be, but proper cure is to be done first...

Thank you all !
Iam glad someone is looking at it and can kind of see what superb plants I find even in my small numbers..

Great grow Ptree, thanks for sharing!
I always liked NW2, hope she is a special smoke.(y)

Your soil recipe did good this round, will you use the same for the next round or will you tweak it some more?

And fine choice on the NHM, will be watching with a 🦅's👀.😄

The Northern Widow is a great cross. Made with two of the best plants in the stable, the NL5/Hz and Black Widow. It is a variety worth searching through as she can give good yields along with exotic smells. After the cure, she has flavor on the draw and well, she is just an all-around pretty girl to grow. This is a strain that should have a permanent place in the "family catalog."
nw#6_6 11_12.jpg

mu

The Northern Widow is a great cross. Made with two of the best plants in the stable, the NL5/Hz and Black Widow. It is a variety worth searching through as she can give good yields along with exotic smells. After the cure, she has flavor on the draw and well, she is just an all-around pretty girl to grow. This is a strain that should have a permanent place in the "family catalog."
View attachment 78803

mu
I have my spring cleaning pack from last year, so Iam fine to have these gems :)

But yes, she truly deserves her own place !!

The Northern Kush is also amazing tho ;)

Last edited:
Hi Ptree! :)
Why? What have you noticed that makes you want to use less guano and super mix?

Longball
This time I feel it was just a pint too powerfull for hybrids, considering the tips were sligthly hit by repotting into final mix, but it was easy grow from then. So for indica/skunk plants I think this mix is best for now.

I believe for Haze & Sativas, it will be too much of ferts inside.
So this time I will try lower doses of main NPK components and more frequent low dosed topfeed, so it is done in more controlled way

Last edited:
I can allready tell you just bits of info so it will fit in time hole, before NW2 is placed for curing...

So first thing..
Actually I have mismatched NW2 with NW3 on flower flip, I knew that from somewhere around 3th week of flowering, but I left it be as is, so to not to make it messy..
So in grow phase NW2 is NW3 and NW3 is NW2 (reminder only in grow phase)

The final naming remains like how it was harvested

Second thing...
NK1 is very fruity pronounced master kush, with hybrid feel of high, it is more up, always ends down, so it is great late time smoke/vape
NK3 is more up, she needs long cure, tastes are not there yet, but pretty awesome so far...
NW3 wow, she does not need cure or what ? :D tastes great and goes immediatelly up, eyes red, eyes burning, then clarity on par with paladine or budha monk :)
NW2 need to wait a bit, as she is still drying, very pleasant smells, reminds me waco right now !

Last edited:
Northern Widow 2

today last plant ended its drying phase & must say she is really wonderfull, Iam glad the clone made it and reveged quite nicely !

- buds are biggest from perspective of whole grow, very tasty to look at structures :)
- totaling above 55 g ( from which 28 are 3 top colas only) some 15 g of bigger sized and rest smaller sized buds (+ branch with seeds made with WACO male)
- buds are bit airy, but spongy and firm, its is like sticked together in glue (one of the most sticky strain to me so far)
- darker green plant matter blistering with lots of crystalls :D
- the smells are tea like, bit lemony and after while the smell fills the room, it is real pleasure, Id say medium to provocative smells !!

I didnt manage to make a proper photos, what you see is me illuminating trichomes (better said bad lighting conditions and too sharp of LED illumination (sorry for that)

Next weekend I will start with vape reports of NK1-3-NW3-lastly this lady !!
Each plant (buds) will get full and proper focus merged macro shot

nw2-0.jpgNW2-1.jpgNW2-2.jpgNW2-3.jpgNW2.jpgNW2pack.jpg

Last edited:
Northern Widow 2

today last plant ended its drying phase & must say she is really wonderfull, Iam glad the clone made it and reveged quite nicely !

- buds are biggest from perspective of whole grow, very tasty to look at structures :)
- totaling above 55 g ( from which 28 are 3 top colas only) some 15 g of bigger sized and rest smaller sized buds (+ branch with seeds made with WACO male)
- buds are bit airy, but spongy and firm, its is like sticked together in glue (one of the most sticky strain to me so far)
- darker green plant matter blistering with lots of crystalls :D
- the smells are tea like, bit lemony and after while the smell fills the room, it is real pleasure, Id say medium to provocative smells !!

I didnt manage to make a proper photos, what you see is me illuminating trichomes (better said bad lighting conditions and too sharp of LED illumination (sorry for that)

Next weekend I will start with vape reports of NK1-3-NW3-lastly this lady !!
Each plant (buds) will get full and proper focus merged macro shot

View attachment 78893View attachment 78894View attachment 78895View attachment 78896View attachment 78892View attachment 78897
Beautiful

Back