Northern Widow (NL5/Hz x Black Widow)

Northern Kush 1 - vape report

Buds are medium hard, more on spongy side and are quite heavy for the size. Thick orange hairs and just a few leafs in buds. Very photogenic !

Smells are on expansive kush pungent side with fruits on background, one have to change the air in room after litlle while to be safe.
After grind up the smell changes to very deep sour fruity, it is pretty nice scent !

First draws are on herbal and bit spicy side of pallete, more you go thru each draws the taste changes to hash taste. It is well balanced out taste all the time.

The high you get is comforting, not overly powerfull at the begining, but progresses to your senses and it kicks in few waves.
Once in long enought session, then things stops to happen, because more NK1 you get, the more you want to sit on couch and do nothing, it goes up and after while the indica side outbalances you. :)
But It also helps to keep you calm and concentrated all the time, so good for doing things that needs to be thinked out first and even done after your litlle nap time :)

This Northern Kush tend to tell me, I have to look at those Master Kush Skunks some day, maybe next season !!

NK1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Northern Kush 3 - vape report

Buds are bigger, spongy and leafy compared to NK1. But still nice looking yellow to orange haired plant.
Smells are again more expansive, but this time just sour fruits, like caned oranges ?with carrot on background?
After grind up the smell does not change its orangy scents ! It was needed to cure her well I believe.

Translated to the taste this time ! is quite rich in fruits, the aftertaste is kinda like after chewing peppermint leaf for a while.

The high is rapid, headhigh with fully concentrated mind, you feel feets relaxing, but no more indica side of effects, straight up high this is. Just maybe slightly lava flowing from your head)
Great day time smoke, where you can feel the up high, but still be socialized and handsome at jobs, also feels to help with back pain (you feel healing heat there in the pain)

Last two Northern Kushes proved to me that this line of NL5Haze x Master Kush Skunk is something well balanced for everyone,
would also be nice pick at cannalogue.
But I admit I did not had time to grow Master Kaze nor the Stones, so I believe they would be nice brothers and sisters between them all.

NK3bud - small.jpg

Northern Widow 3 - vape report

Buds are airy, but rock hard, pleasure to grind theese. Not as photogenic, but looks of the trichome coverage are insane :D
Now wait for NW2 !!
Smells are sometihng spicy, with citrus to it.
After grind up the smell does change to citrus smells ! Needed just a bit of time to cure.

Taste is quite rich and well translated from the smells, citric fruits and hash. I very like it !!

The high is slow and all the way up. It starts by melting my eyes area :) And it breezes with energy and overall uplift ! :)
Very day time smoke for sure, but one needs to be aware of its power when abused :)

I have a feeling this is more fruity side of widow flavours and widow trichomes coverage combined with Haze up high... I love it so far !
Add: burning smiley cheeks weed !!

NW3 bud - small.jpg

Last edited:
Just a reminder, Northern Widow 2 is still in curing process.

It is so full of sticky substance, that it is not going to completely dryout that soon, it simply need even longer cure ! :)

Just now it smells of some tropical fruit salat !! Exceptional scents !!

And the looks are completely Wild !!
(here some photos of buds lit by simple LED light from top)

IMG_5992.jpgIMG_5991.jpg

Last edited:
Northern Widow 2 is still in curing process.

It is so full of sticky substance, that it is not going to completely dryout that soon, it simply need even longer cure
I'm glad to see you are giving her the time she needs to shine. At this rate, she'll blind us if she gets much better🤩. Amazing job honoring the genetics. You really seem to have done an incredible job with her.

Looking forward to that slow cured smoke report😉🤤😶‍🌫️

Diesel840

Northern Widow 2 - vape report

Buds are airy, spongy, but very solid - glued like matter,
I did not saw that much trichome covered plant ever.

Smells are generic sweet and spicy, sort of smell, like when you are doing bublle hash, and add bit of honey in the mix !!
After grind up, the smell does not change at all, it is simply like hash and honey and some kind of spices on background, it can be kept in room, it is Ok and surely tasty smell !

Taste is very unique, I have found it to be difficult to get the most here. Best is to start vape at lower temps ( some 190°C and slowly uping ).
First few hits are kind of blended hash taste to say.
As more temperature is added will make the flavour more cottony, but still flavourfull up till the utmost end of session.
Overall it feels like afghani, but without that background indica spicy taste on tongue.
Why nobody ever told me to search for hashplant in Hazy Widow cross ? :D

The high is head only. You feel it tickle in brain and between eares, and so deep inside.
After some time it slowly moves forward, and you can also feel a bit of behind eyes burn :)
I feel the hazy effects, because I can say, I felt many cultivars called Widow, but none of them was this like clear headed !
100% day time smoke and even very relaxing vape, the high makes you get done everything you need or want to get done !

Is it better then my recent years WACO, that I think is the most like strain ?
I cannot say for sure, WACO taste had more sweet peak in begining, but when the taste slowly got away Northern Widow still has its blended hashy taste.
The high for WACO was maybe harder hitting :_)
Plant looks? I love both . . .

The high is most best part of this Vape session, I have very positive feeling with Northern Widow 2 !!
Oh, btw, for sleeping it is still Ok vape.
So I dont get it, it is universal plant for sure !

I feel alright, about making my 1st mother after so many years, It will surely be kept for hazy hash parent plant to play with in future !!

NW2finA.jpgNW2fincloser.jpg

Last edited:
Back