Nordle, Nordle on the wall ...

badrabbit

.. who's the Nordle-est of them all?

All right, here goes, BadRabbit's 2011 Nordle grow.

Up front, I've had germination problems ...I'll report the details as I go because some are still threatening to pop, but not good.

Howevuh, see pretty young Nordle's below ... the one in the back right corner is actually a Purple Peyote from CBG, and the two out of the pic but visible on the side are both super lemon haze ... the four handsome ladies, we hope, centered in the frame, are Nordle's. (The seeds shown seem to be among the many non-starters)

There are four more seedlings that have sucessfully rooted and will enter life a good 2 weeks behind the 4 shown.

Damn I'm excited about this grow ... nordle, nordle, nordle, funny titles for every post. Looking for rich, tasty hard hitting Indica leaner with good yield and reasonable finish time. I shall report when I can ....

Attachments

• IMG_2235 S .jpg
    IMG_2235 S .jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2247 S .jpg
    IMG_2247 S .jpg
    74 KB · Views: 38
.. who's the Nordle-est of them all?

All right, here goes, BadRabbit's 2011 Nordle grow.

Up front, I've had germination problems ...I'll report the details as I go because some are still threatening to pop, but not good.

Howevuh, see pretty young Nordle's below ... the one in the back right corner is actually a Purple Peyote from CBG, and the two out of the pic but visible on the side are both super lemon haze ... the four handsome ladies, we hope, centered in the frame, are Nordle's. (The seeds shown seem to be among the many non-starters)

There are four more seedlings that have sucessfully rooted and will enter life a good 2 weeks behind the 4 shown.

Damn I'm excited about this grow ... nordle, nordle, nordle, funny titles for every post. Looking for rich, tasty hard hitting Indica leaner with good yield and reasonable finish time. I shall report when I can ....

Greetings Badrabbit,

Just ordered some Nordle, so I'm excited to see how you do and how things turn out. Any good tips or recondmendations would be helpful in dialing these beauties in.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Greetings Badrabbit,

Just ordered some Nordle, so I'm excited to see how you do and how things turn out. Any good tips or recondmendations would be helpful in dialing these beauties in.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

i know it wasnt me who you asked but i thought id share my experience with Nordle ,,,,,

100% germ rate : soaked in water 24 hours then straight into pro-mix hp , within another 24 hours sprouts all poked up

watered with straight water until they had grown to the 4th node 3rd for one

went 1/4 strenth feed twice then 1/2 strength feed once , then full strength untill flushing time a bit before harvest

buds were close to the size of critical mass buds but were rock hard and heavier both when wet and when dry

plants were topped and its a good thing as finished highth was 5 foot , started flowering at 1.5 ft , but it didnt look lanky or stretchy , buds formed and filled out everywhere , there was no popcorn buds eventhough bottom branches were not pruned , smallest buds were golf ball sized and almost as hard lol

best of luck to both of you , im sure you wont be disapointed

looking forward to watching this grow :cool:

p.s. i have 4 right now showing pre flowers , 2 males and 2 females

i know it wasnt me who you asked but i thought id share my experience with Nordle ,,,,,

cool ... this is why we share these grows, awesome input bob

my current plan is to top the 4 that are out ahead and probably NOT top the late comers; for obvious reasons.

SativaIndica: Thanks for jumping in, let's build the Book of Nordle ...

first issue ... I'm tired of telling my close associates it's Nordle then retelling the story, cool as it is, of Shanti's or Nev's name for it. I started saying "Afghan Skunk" and that seems to shut everyone up! har

cheers,
rabbit

I heard this stuff kix serious butt and a good night time smoke :D

Never tried it myself.

Keep us posted!h

G`day BR

Here`s the Nordle story for ya .

when I put my order in it was for Afg / Sk but then this Nordle stuff turned up . lol

Thanks for sharin

Elmer Bud .

Yeh, that's it. That's the story I'm tired of telling.

... it's explaining it everytime the Nordle name comes up that I'm getting tired of.

Meaning, as I introduce it to friends here, it shall be Afghan Skunk ... they ask no questions, they just smile and say "want some".

cheers,
rabbit

I heard this stuff kix serious butt and a good night time smoke :D

Never tried it myself.

Keep us posted!h

thanks for the good thoughts anonymouse ...

We'll see about the 'nightime smoke' part of it. There's actually a pretty good conversation going on at IC mag right now about the popularity of Kush and how people react to the indica smoke ... I think strength and flavor are more important to many people than the nuances of sativa/indica effects that some of us are so into.

I'll post some as I go, but I expect to see some bottom line around late November.

cheers,
rabbit

100% germ rate : soaked in water 24 hours then straight into pro-mix hp , within another 24 hours sprouts all poked up

watered with straight water until they had grown to the 4th node 3rd for one

went 1/4 strenth feed twice then 1/2 strength feed once , then full strength untill flushing time a bit before harvest

buds were close to the size of critical mass buds but were rock hard and heavier both when wet and when dry

plants were topped and its a good thing as finished highth was 5 foot , started flowering at 1.5 ft , but it didnt look lanky or stretchy , buds formed and filled out everywhere , there was no popcorn buds eventhough bottom branches were not pruned , smallest buds were golf ball sized and almost as hard lol

best of luck to both of you , im sure you wont be disapointed

looking forward to watching this grow :cool:

Greetings B0b,

Thanks for the input. I'm glad you have had a rewarding experience with Nordle. Seems like everything went perfect and thats not always easy to do.

You mentoned that you didn't have any popcorn on the lower branches and you didn't cut them. On my current grow, I got a scrog going that is looking real nice. I cut all of bottom branches to avoid any popcorn nugs and to send my nutrients straight to the tops.

Is this something that I should normally do when running a scrog?

I do want to yield as much as possible, just like everyone else. Last night when I was cutting the lower branches, I cringed every time I squezed my fiskers. I was thinking, "Why the hell am I cutting off branches, they all have bud spots on them".

But this is suppost to increase my yield and give me bigger nugs, Right?

Always a pleasure B0b.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

SativaIndica: Thanks for jumping in, let's build the Book of Nordle ...

first issue ... I'm tired of telling my close associates it's Nordle then retelling the story, cool as it is, of Shanti's or Nev's name for it. I started saying "Afghan Skunk" and that seems to shut everyone up! har

cheers,
rabbit

Greetings you Badrabbit,

The book of Nordle will be as important as the book of Eli. You go ahead and write the first chapter and in a month when my beans are popping I'll be preparing for the second chapter.

And for the name "Nordle", I almost don't even tell my boys about it. Sometimes Afghan Skunk just sums it up for all.

Looking forward to seeing you hop about the forum.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Greetings B0b,

Thanks for the input. I'm glad you have had a rewarding experience with Nordle. Seems like everything went perfect and thats not always easy to do.

You mentoned that you didn't have any popcorn on the lower branches and you didn't cut them. On my current grow, I got a scrog going that is looking real nice. I cut all of bottom branches to avoid any popcorn nugs and to send my nutrients straight to the tops.

Is this something that I should normally do when running a scrog?

I do want to yield as much as possible, just like everyone else. Last night when I was cutting the lower branches, I cringed every time I squezed my fiskers. I was thinking, "Why the hell am I cutting off branches, they all have bud spots on them".

But this is suppost to increase my yield and give me bigger nugs, Right?

Always a pleasure B0b.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

for running the scrog method you did the right thing ;)

could always use them lower branches as clones :)

for running the scrog method you did the right thing ;)

could always use them lower branches as clones :)

Hey B0b,

The only thing about using the branches for clones is the time it takes them to turn around and go back into Veg. I'm running 60 day strains so time is precious. I'm able to cut plenty of clones off of 3 mothers of 3 different strains to fill up my space.

B0b, If I kept the lower branches on the plant and let them grow into popcorn, would I yield more or less in the end?

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Hey B0b,

The only thing about using the branches for clones is the time it takes them to turn around and go back into Veg. I'm running 60 day strains so time is precious. I'm able to cut plenty of clones off of 3 mothers of 3 different strains to fill up my space.

B0b, If I kept the lower branches on the plant and let them grow into popcorn, would I yield more or less in the end?

Best Regards

sativaXindica

thats a hard question realy , you yeild less in a way because a lot of popcorn bud is useless unless making hash or oil

in all honesty i never see the top buds getting much bigger when pruning the bottom branches , a little bit bigger at best but not much

but in a scrog those lower branches wouldnt see any light at all realy so best to remove them and gain the little bit extra up top

thats just my experience , others might see a huge gain up top , and i also dont do a scrog anymore , i grow trees and have plenty of light and plenty of reflection including the floor :D

peace :cool:

Hey Sensi13,

I have no clue, but until B0b replies, I would think he is running big frigging plants with bulbs hanging down in between them and above them with reflective material as the floor.

Have you ever tried a vert set-up Sensi13?

Always though it would be a great way to max out your space with less lighting.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Great conversation guys. Thanks for the good thoughts and greetings.

Topped the 4 biggest Nordles today. Have 3 smaller seedlings coming that I will probably not top.

Can't believe it, but looks like germination was 8 of 18! Yikes. I'm not a total noob, really. Been growing over a decade and I've been germinating at a high rate for a long time ... Between my SSH and MKaze recent germs, I was 35 of 36 across both.

So ... I dunno; haven't seen others post Nordle germ rates this bad. I'm still holding out for 6 duds sitting now in a wet towel. Have no idea how the shop stored them though, maybe something happened there.

Whatever ... I'm not too upset about it, the ones I have going look promising. And as an IBL (right?) I'm hoping that even a small stock of females should offer something worthwhile.

I'll post some update photos in a few,
cheers,
rabbit

Hey Bob,
Are you running a vertical set up?

Cheers,
Sensi

sort of , i run three 400 hps above the plants with two 200 watt (actual watts) 2700k cfls hanging vert , and six 45 watt 3000k cfls hanging on the outter edges , all cfls hang no higher then half way up the plants

and the reflective thick mylar (black one side silver reflective other side) on the floor realy helps the lower branches (must be cleaned every harvest as i grow soil/soiless)

so its 400 hps up top one end , then a 200 cfl hanging then a 400 hps centre top then a 200 cfl hanging then a 400 hps other end top and the outter edges surounded by 45 watt cfls

was running a 1000 hps centre top but even with ac the temps were too high , and with this many lights going it is spread nicely and used well so the 1000 was overkill :D

Last edited:
sort of , i run three 400 hps above the plants with two 200 watt (actual watts) 2700k cfls hanging vert , and six 45 watt 3000k cfls hanging on the outter edges , all cfls hang no higher then half way up the plants

and the reflective thick mylar (black one side silver reflective other side) on the floor realy helps the lower branches (must be cleaned every harvest as i grow soil/soiless)

so its 400 hps up top one end , then a 200 cfl hanging then a 400 hps centre top then a 200 cfl hanging then a 400 hps other end top and the outter edges surounded by 45 watt cfls

was running a 1000 hps centre top but even with ac the temps were too high , and with this many lights going it is spread nicely and used well so the 1000 was overkill :D

holy tacos bob .... how do you hang; aim so many lights? Are the side CFL's on fixed stands or something? Post that pic if you got it, or direct to prior post pls!
thanks,
rabbit

Last edited:
holy tacos bob .... how do you hang; aim so many lights? Are the side CFL's on fixed stands or something? Post that pic if you got it, or direct to prior post pls!
thanks,
rabbit

the smaller outside cfl's are almost touching the mylar they are that close to the walls , they hang from their own cords off hooks in the ceiling , buy sockets from walmart for $1.99 and extension cords from the dollar store lol , cut the female end off the cords and wire it to the light sockets , the big cfl's are the same but with bigger recepticles/sockets , whatever you call them lol and 3 prong wires not 2

hi Sensimilla13 , no the cfls arent helping resin , but my other flowering room i hang a few reptile bulbs/cfl's , its where i run the 1000 hps allong with 2 430 hps , the room is quite large so the light isnt used as well as in the smaller room , but i believe the reptile cfl's with added uv do help with resin

when i get an actual camera (not my cell phone) i might send out some pics , but i doubt ill ever publicly post pics ever again

haha ... thanks for posting that Elmer.

Being a long time reformed tobacco smoker, I have a hard time with the 'blunt' concept, but after that, a historically wonderful smoke report!

As if I could be any more excited about the Nordle promise anyway...

OK, here's a shot of the 4 leaders about 2 days after topping. Yes, I topped these very early, but I have limited head room and I'm going to let 3 seedlings that are a good 3 weeks behind these catch up a bit before flowering.

cheers,
rabbit

PS - just for fun, the 2nd shot is my killer SLH pheno that is getting close to finish time ... oh joy.

Attachments

• IMG_2280 s.jpg
    IMG_2280 s.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2294 SLH4 S AA.jpg
    IMG_2294 SLH4 S AA.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 326
Back