NL5 x Haze Male Hunt

HoChiMinh

Hello friends!

Starting my journey with the Mr. Nice NL5 x Haze this week! 20/20 seeds popped- excellent quality as always. I have tried many different NL5 x haze cuts from friends, but never grew from seeds to find my own. Today, these seeds are dedicated to finding a male for a very, very special project.

In March, my small Appalachian holler lost one of the greatest figures in its cannabis community. He lost a battle with alcoholism and died from brain swelling. He was a very close friend and we spoke about death from time to time. In his macabre humor, he told me he wanted to be cremated and grown into plants, like in the movie “How High” with method man.

Back to the haze. He was a big fan of Jack terps and sativas. I thought nothing would be a more fitting memorial than to grow some Jack Herer in his ashes and pollinate it with a hard sativa leaning NL5 x haze. I was able to score the same legendary jack cut my buddy had smoked when he was living. So here’s the next step! Finding the right male to pair with the 10k Jack to give it that harder sativa lean. WISH ME LUCK!

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpeg
    IMG_0308.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Nice bed, any special with the soil to mention? I've come to love the soil as much as the weed it grows...excuse my nerdery...will ride along to see what you find! Got some of these in the fridge so i'll pay attention.
Nothing too special, build a soil craft blend with rice hulls and basalt for aeration. Peat, worm castings, and home made compost for the base. I've noticed the addition of the basalt (as opposed to perlite) has made a dramatic improvement on my grows! It regulates the pH very well, I never use a pH pen anymore.

I use a lot of compost teas too, ground fish bone and yams for for phos and kelp + craft blend generally. Occasionally add some egg shell extract for calcium and epsom for magnesium.

Nothing too special, build a soil craft blend with rice hulls and basalt for aeration. Peat, worm castings, and home made compost for the base. I've noticed the addition of the basalt (as opposed to perlite) has made a dramatic improvement on my grows! It regulates the pH very well, I never use a pH pen anymore.

I use a lot of compost teas too, ground fish bone and yams for for phos and kelp + craft blend generally. Occasionally add some egg shell extract for calcium and epsom for magnesium.

Very nice blend

Nevil used to make a point about recommending NL5/Haze as one of the best plants to grow for effect.

Hard to argue with somebody with his level of knowledge and experience.

Will be following with interest

Best of luck @HoChiMinh

We used to have a large poster of Uncle Ho in our living room.

Same as the picture here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Chi_Minh

Terrific man, a real hero of the people

Also a great leader, a good example of what is missing from the political landscape at the moment.

Last edited:
Back