NL5 feminized project from Shanti’s new store

8 weeks under 12/12 for these 2 NL5
IMG_3395.jpeg
Sativa structure on L needs time, but one on R is closer.
IMG_3399.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg
Lemon smell for taller girl on L has dissipated into a more combined citrus. Other has thick buds and is all fruit.
Plant is showing signs of reaching peak by yellowing and self defoliation.
And down the stretch they come …
Oh yeh, also have 2 other NL5’s a week behind these 😋

Harvested the 1st NL5 at 9w.
Great size, nice firm fruity/tropical smelling.
IMG_3500.jpeg
IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3502.jpeg
So far, this is a nice NL5 example.
3/13-7/27=136 days soak to harvest, 4 1/2 months. Not bad.
Partner seems to have Sativa 🧬 pushing out its finish. Will allow her <1 more week and hopefully harvest with the other 2 which are 1 week behind.
☮️

Nice tops on all of them!

Let us know how they smoke once you get there.

How are the plants smelling around harvest time? Can you write a few words about each plant, Unc? I’m sure people would like to know.

Enjoy your nugs.
🤙
For this one, the best my👃 can subjectively describe is fruity/tropical smelling.
My skills don’t carry over to to a Sommelier. 😂😂😂
Hard for me to describe in detail like others can.

9w flowering (🍌):
IMG_3658.jpeg
10w(Saturday)flowering, visibly not ready:
IMG_3662.jpeg
9 weeker has been throwing nanners the past week that I’ve been plucking, but enough is enough. She’s coming down in Saturdays harvest day(Critical 🦨, 🍇 Kush & NL5. Final pics:

IMG_3645.jpeg
IMG_3644.jpeg
IMG_3653.jpeg
10 weeker isn’t ready yet & not showing over stressed or dieing, so gonna go another week:

IMG_3668.jpeg
IMG_3667.jpeg
IMG_3673.jpeg
I have 1 more NL5 turning 9 weeks and needs a bit more time.
🤩🪓🪓🪓

Got me the strangest woman
Believe me this plant’s no cinch
But I really get her going
When I whipped out my big 10 inch
IMG_3876.jpeg
Northern Lights 5 that plays the blues
Well a band that plays the blues
She just loves my big 10 inch
Pheno of her favorite blues…
…Steven Tyler’s voice RIP
We’ll call this one the Joe Perry expression:
IMG_3863.jpeg
🤔 Sativa makes me creative 😂

image.jpg Funny you should ask, as I have it out right now.
Earliest finisher definitely Indica dominant in structure and smoke. Strong, pungent fruity smell when broken up. Very sticky. Smoke is very clean, delayed tastes of soft fruit and aftertaste Berry like. Nice high and not debilitating this write up 😂. Creeper.
Last finisher with Sativa buds, cured like a Sativa with fluffier, yet still sticky buds with a more natural fruit smell. Hazey smoke taste, little woodsy, clean and stronger.
Went in for a 2nd since I should finish the budlet…might as well finish the Indica dominant too…
Time to sit down and watch ESPN
😵‍💫

Northern Lights is a heavy indica strain prized by cannabis enthusiasts around the world for its potency, resinous buds, and resistance to harsh climates.

Its powerful genetics have been used to create countless new hybrids, including Super Silver Haze, Hash Plant and Shiva Skunk. But where exactly does this cannabis strain that has become an icon today come from?

Well, as is often the case with cannabis, the answer to that question is far from clear. In fact, the history of the Northern Lights is quite foggy.

Rumor has it that the strain was first grown on an island near Seattle, Washington. Some sources say the man responsible for growing the strain was simply called "the Indian."

"The Indian" apparently grew 11 plants, which he named Northern Lights #1-11. Cannabis folklore says that these plants were purebred Afghani plants, with significant indica characteristics; the plants were tasty, bushy, and produced large resinous buds.

When the plants began to flower, Northern Lights #5 apparently produced the best harvest, with Northern Lights #1 close behind in second place.

The plants were eventually discovered by Neville Schoenmaker, a famous Australian cannabis breeder, between the 1970s and 1980s. Neville apparently brought female clones of all the plants back with him to the Netherlands.

Back in the Netherlands, Neville began crossing the clones with male Afghanis. He continued to work on these plants, hybridizing them to create a new line of seeds that combined the genetics he had obtained from the "Indian", with other genetics already in his possession.

Eventually, various Northern Lights seeds hit the shelves of The Seed Bank, which Neville owned in the Netherlands. Northern Lights #1 from The Seed Bank was marketed as a pure Afghani, while some of the other strains were later sold as containing Thai sativa genetics.

From there, Northern Lights genetics spread and new seed banks like Flying Dutchmen and Dutch Passion quickly began selling new hybrids that they claimed were from the original Northern Lights batch.

Some of these strains include G-13, Big Bud, Skunk #1, Hash Plant, Haze, Swazi, and many others.

It is said, however, that the original Northern Lights #5 (the best of the 11 original plants) was never available in seed form. Instead, it was used to cross many classic hybrids, some of which are still available today.

SO THEY ARE A CROSS OF NL5 AND SWAZI BUT NOT USED IN THE STRAIN CONCEPTION

Northern Lights is a heavy indica strain prized by cannabis enthusiasts around the world for its potency, resinous buds, and resistance to harsh climates.

Its powerful genetics have been used to create countless new hybrids, including Super Silver Haze, Hash Plant and Shiva Skunk. But where exactly does this cannabis strain that has become an icon today come from?

Well, as is often the case with cannabis, the answer to that question is far from clear. In fact, the history of the Northern Lights is quite foggy.

Rumor has it that the strain was first grown on an island near Seattle, Washington. Some sources say the man responsible for growing the strain was simply called "the Indian."

"The Indian" apparently grew 11 plants, which he named Northern Lights #1-11. Cannabis folklore says that these plants were purebred Afghani plants, with significant indica characteristics; the plants were tasty, bushy, and produced large resinous buds.

When the plants began to flower, Northern Lights #5 apparently produced the best harvest, with Northern Lights #1 close behind in second place.

The plants were eventually discovered by Neville Schoenmaker, a famous Australian cannabis breeder, between the 1970s and 1980s. Neville apparently brought female clones of all the plants back with him to the Netherlands.

Back in the Netherlands, Neville began crossing the clones with male Afghanis. He continued to work on these plants, hybridizing them to create a new line of seeds that combined the genetics he had obtained from the "Indian", with other genetics already in his possession.

Eventually, various Northern Lights seeds hit the shelves of The Seed Bank, which Neville owned in the Netherlands. Northern Lights #1 from The Seed Bank was marketed as a pure Afghani, while some of the other strains were later sold as containing Thai sativa genetics.

From there, Northern Lights genetics spread and new seed banks like Flying Dutchmen and Dutch Passion quickly began selling new hybrids that they claimed were from the original Northern Lights batch.

Some of these strains include G-13, Big Bud, Skunk #1, Hash Plant, Haze, Swazi, and many others.

It is said, however, that the original Northern Lights #5 (the best of the 11 original plants) was never available in seed form. Instead, it was used to cross many classic hybrids, some of which are still available today.

SO THEY ARE A CROSS OF NL5 AND SWAZI BUT NOT USED IN THE STRAIN CONCEPTION
Most of the info from the this post is from deleted posts on this forum, Sensi's forum (when it was functional), and ICMag:

Back