NHS - Feb 2020 Growth

Hello Guys & gals,

I've just started 6 seeds of NHS in Eazyplugs, pics later.

It will grow in a 4 sites RDWC hydro, under an Optic8+

And I have a question already : to reach a max plant height of 1m50, how many weeks should they be in veg ?

Cheers
DA

Put it into flower at 1.5 feet to be safe, do some topping or LST so It has a longer veg and more girth when it goes it at that size. Keep the light as close as possible without burning/stressing the plant, this will reduce the amount of stretch. Longer veg = less stretch usually as well.

Stretchy

Hi mate

Great strain super smoke and very stretchy will easy double in size in flower
Good luck fella

Germination

So, after 5 days most of them are out ( 4 ).

The last 2 are just pointing out.

Stay tuned !:)

PS : they might grow in soil, and not in hydro ...

Attachments

• 1 - Germination.jpeg
    1 - Germination.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 17
Small update : they have all germinated :D and I've just transplanted them in soil, not in hydro.
They are in a tent next to Jack Herer feminized from Sensi, which I hope will justify its ripoff price :eek:

I will first try to fim and then top, let's live on the edge :rolleyes:

So the NHS have been transplanted next to the 4 Jack Herer feminized ( but the leaves are quite fat ... fake JH ? we'll see )

The first week seems to make them happy.

They will be fimed and then topped, just like the JH :D

They dont know yet, so they still smile ;)

Attachments

• Week 1 Session - Week 1 Veg - 1.jpg
    Week 1 Session - Week 1 Veg - 1.jpg
    652.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Week 1 Session - Week 1 Veg - 2.jpg
    Week 1 Session - Week 1 Veg - 2.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 19
The best jack herer ive seen had fat leaves at first, that narrowed as they went up through flowering. wponder what they do to make fem jack herer, are they like fem f2's?

The best jack herer ive seen had fat leaves at first, that narrowed as they went up through flowering. wponder what they do to make fem jack herer, are they like fem f2's?

NHS was one of the main strains in the MNS catalogue I chose that may have a good chance of having Jack Herer like characteristics! Funny you have them side by side:D.

From what I've read on the MNS forums, it seems like SSH is the closest to the JH.

It's not the case ? :confused:

*let's pay attention : we are digressing from the original thread* :D

From what I've read on the MNS forums, it seems like SSH is the closest to the JH.

It's not the case ? :confused:

*let's pay attention : we are digressing from the original thread* :D

HA, sorry for the side-note. Wasn't trying to derail... Everything looks super healthy! Are these under LED or HID? Super clean, no dirt on floor, def not my strong suit :D.

These are under Optic 8+, with UV at 50%.

Thanks for the compliments : the plants are grown only for medical use, so yeah, we are paying attention to external ( dust, insects ) and internal dirt ( old leaves, watering stains, etc )

And for the feeding, I'm finishing bottles of Advanced Nutrients originally bought for hydro ;) I would like to find an easy and cheap nutrient brand that gives outstanding results ... but right now, I'm only trusting Canna. I thought about House&Garden or Plagron, but I wouldnt call them "cheap"

Any ideas of a product, not boosting the flower growth in itself, but boosting the number of flower sites ?

And I cant wait to start training them :D What is the usual internode distance ?

Kia Ora,

Phosphorus is the main nutrient used by plants to develop bud sites, as far as I'm aware you can't really boost the number of bud sites by feeding them some special potion/giving high amounts of Phosphorus, that depends on the strain & environment, if your environment is good and your feed has the required amounts of nutrients without being toxic or deficient the plant will be it's best.

As far as recommend nutrients, any dry 2 Part Nutrient does the job just as good as anything from a bottle, if your from the USA you may of heard of Jack's it's highly recommend on the net but there all just a mix of salts, potassium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate and the Trace elements mixed to what ever NPK ratio desired.

Nothing wrong with using something like Jack's All Purpose it's NPK is balanced 20-20-20 and has all the trace elements, you might come across some strains that prefer a low N diet during flower... If your worried about that buy a bag of the All Purpose for veg and a bag of the bloom for flowering, it should be cheap as chips I use a commercial dry nutrient and it's about 15 USD for over 1000 litres worth of nutrient solution.

Thanks Dkeppel, good and detailed info :)

I wanted to add TRACES of Mammoth P during veg on 3 NHS to see if it would help, but I fear to overfeed. So I havent bought it yet ...

The transplantation went smoothly : they all survived :D

Ah yes, there's also a rogue Dreamtime ...

Attachments

• Week 2 Session - Week 2 Veg - 3.jpg
    Week 2 Session - Week 2 Veg - 3.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Week 2 Session - Week 2 Veg - 2.jpg
    Week 2 Session - Week 2 Veg - 2.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Week 2 Session - Week 2 Veg - 1.jpg
    Week 2 Session - Week 2 Veg - 1.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 26
These are under Optic 8+, with UV at 50%.

Thanks for the compliments : the plants are grown only for medical use, so yeah, we are paying attention to external ( dust, insects ) and internal dirt ( old leaves, watering stains, etc )

And for the feeding, I'm finishing bottles of Advanced Nutrients originally bought for hydro ;) I would like to find an easy and cheap nutrient brand that gives outstanding results ... but right now, I'm only trusting Canna. I thought about House&Garden or Plagron, but I wouldnt call them "cheap"

Any ideas of a product, not boosting the flower growth in itself, but boosting the number of flower sites ?

And I cant wait to start training them :D What is the usual internode distance ?

Not sure about a product that creates more sights. Topping for more sites, larger pots/longer veg for overall larger plants that will make more sites. I do super soil so can’t offer advice on nutrients.

If you want a boost of P/K, I use Monopotassium phosphate(0-52-34), it costs about 10USD for 1Kg in my country, I use about 1/4 tsp per US gallon during bloom but you may require more or less it's all strain/environment/medium dependent, I see your in dirt maybe start at 1/8 tsp per gallon. You want to be careful not to lock anything out by using to much P/K.

I grow hydro so I don't have much choice it's salts all the way but if your going to stick with dirt you have organic options too, have a Google I don't know much about organics to be honest with you, I wanted to try organics but it seems impractical in small pots the more soil mass the better for organics it seems.

As bonsai said you can get more site by topping/fiming, growing bigger plants, something like a bloom booster/mammoth P isn't going to help unless your plants have a deficiency in P/K.

Now we are at the start of the 3rd veg week, and few of the NHS have been fimed.:)

They seem to be growing happily ... I just keep a look on the height to be sure they dont reach 30 cm yet.

PS : the Jack Herer in the back are also doing very well ...

Attachments

• Week 3 Session - Week 3 Veg - 1.jpg
    Week 3 Session - Week 3 Veg - 1.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Week 3 Session - Week 3 Veg - 2.jpg
    Week 3 Session - Week 3 Veg - 2.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Pictures ... growing :D

Attachments

• Week 3 Session - Week 3 Veg - 3.jpg
    Week 3 Session - Week 3 Veg - 3.jpg