New Skunk reviews

That's some nice info coming in from TTS with a 10 female selection. With only 1 of the 10 females showing up skunky and the others sweet, candy, juniper, etc. this line may require large seed lot selections or more females than normal to find the skunky skunk plants.

That's some nice info coming in from TTS with a 10 female selection. With only 1 of the 10 females showing up skunky and the others sweet, candy, juniper, etc. this line may require large seed lot selections or more females than normal to find the skunky skunk plants.
i agree i would just take the 1 and move on to outcrosses to landrace preferably semi feral. i think the skunk archetype(as nev would say) was a relic from the western china/north east iran/ northern afghan silk road type. the mexican side needs to be considered as well. garlic is the sulfur smell which is easier to find guerro is known to have these types or even the garlic bud ibl. aco gold was the final cross of the skunk 1 it would have had direct exchange with the nld afghan in the c gold/afghan hybrid. connecting that type of mexican back to nld silk road may give the haplotype looking for. another stratedgy would be the identify clone onlys which have the volatile high odor traits and introduce them into something skunky hoping for the recombo.
candidates- chem D
shoreline
mass super skunk
swamp skunk from sunshine
corpse flower

use the new skunk female as a base and introduce different tactics. throw it all at the wall and see what stinks!

I think that NHS and Neville’s skunk should be mentioned if you want to try to breed it back, they both have some interesting skunk dna.

I also think that diesel and og/tk hold some old school skunk genes.

I think it’s very possible that Dave Watson just had bagseed. Maybe skunk was an heirloom bred in Mexico from Mexican and Afghan lines, his ohaze is Columbian bagseed, and what he sold Nevil was a rare Thai he thought wouldn’t sprout.

I spent years collecting and growing out Mexican bagseed (not the pretendica but the last of the Mexican when it was going away for me) and I used to think that there were lots of skunk genes that had gotten in there, but then I came to question Dave Watson more and my own nationalistic and racial biases, and it’s just as possible the skunk was in the Mexican bags first.

As far as ancient skunk archetypes, I definitely know that old forms come back, and I would love to see they are even older! But who knows?

An f2/s1 of Nevilles skunk or NHS or crossing them might show some serious old school skunks, and crossing them to your list pdizzle would be a neat attempt imo

I think that NHS and Neville’s skunk should be mentioned if you want to try to breed it back, they both have some interesting skunk dna.

I also think that diesel and og/tk hold some old school skunk genes.

I think it’s very possible that Dave Watson just had bagseed. Maybe skunk was an heirloom bred in Mexico from Mexican and Afghan lines, his ohaze is Columbian bagseed, and what he sold Nevil was a rare Thai he thought wouldn’t sprout.

I spent years collecting and growing out Mexican bagseed (not the pretendica but the last of the Mexican when it was going away for me) and I used to think that there were lots of skunk genes that had gotten in there, but then I came to question Dave Watson more and my own nationalistic and racial biases, and it’s just as possible the skunk was in the Mexican bags first.

As far as ancient skunk archetypes, I definitely know that old forms come back, and I would love to see they are even older! But who knows?

An f2/s1 of Nevilles skunk or NHS or crossing them might show some serious old school skunks, and crossing them to your list pdizzle would be a neat attempt imo
The skunk#1 was bred from the ancestral skunk. It still has the colombian, narow leaf afghan and mexican phenotypes in it. Lots of hermies, kind of backs up sams very early story when he arived first in holland of how skunk#1s first form was made through accidental pollination (most likley from a hermi from one strain pollinating a stable plant from the other strain). That ancestral skunk looks exactly like what mad jag got off sam in 79/80 and grew out an took pictures of at the time.
The ancestral skunk should be what both nevil and sam used to make their own individual lines of the more well known skunk#1.

I am going to have to give the TK cut a spin and see what she is all about. Been offered her from a close friend who has nothing but words of praise about this cut, but never pulled the trigger to give her a spin in the garden to see just how she stacks up. The yields on the few OG plants I have grown are painfully low and frustrating and I never liked consuming them as much as I prefer the chemdog lines. With the smell changing over time, I wonder if running through TK S1 seeds from Nspecta and looking through them if the same skunk odor can be found again for old times sake. Anyone you know went through TK s1's and found anything that was superior to the original?
Tk can give a good yield if you run her right I rip 5-6 oz per plant in 2 gallons with a 4 week veg.

Tk can give a good yield if you run her right I rip 5-6 oz per plant in 2 gallons with a 4 week veg.

Once she is in full flowering 24/0 for a week or two take a lot of time off the cycle, tk will not drop pollen because of light cycles. Two lbs from an old 1000 hps is a benchmark to hit but a lb is kinda low, with a four week veg. But those lamps suck of course

from what i understand skunk started off as unstable hybrid of colombian gold and nld afghan. f gens were worked and eventually the a gold male was used as final cross. so in reality what you had was a dominant haplotype between the afghan and colombian gold- a common ancestor between both afghan and c gold would have a complementary gene action- two halfs making a whole.
then you cross this common ancestor to the mexican and voila skunk. i dont think its neccesary to go all the way back. instead you find some clone onlys which still have that sulfur/amine metabolite pathway not silenced. how do you do this??
i would guess plants best left from that pool would be- shoreline(strainly), chem d(strainly), mass super skunk(strainly), swamp skunk(sunshine state seed co), corpse flower morticia cut(nature farm). all of these plants still have those sulfur metabolites conserved this is very important as it likely represents the status skunk was at before crossed to aco gold.

the closest sulfur compound smell to skunk will be garlic and onions- which guerro landraces are famous for. there are several lines available with these terps from garlic bud to swami 74 guerro and snowhigh also has 2 mystic funk has 1 as well.
so take these 3 groups- the clone only sulfurs. the new skunk "rks phenos" and the landrace mexicans. then a breeding strategy which first accomplishes multiplication of the sulfur compound traits- either thru selfing and combining or induce polyploid.

cross the multiplied lines out to new skunk rks phenos- hopefully this gives you something close or better then the original afghan/colombo unstable. then hit the results to the mexican lines and sort it all out.
whatever made rks still exists just gotta put yourself in close enough proximity to the forces which created it. a big part of breeding we are missing out on is generations from the "wild", outdoor lines will have terpene transcription bumped up to deal with nature. its why florida lines are still good, they are still fighting. generation after generation inside with selfed females eventually leads to lazy couch surfer plants

Florida lines are so good, because M. went to the cannabis castle in and bought everything Nevil would sell him! The haze went south, the hashplant and kush stayed in cfl… I grew up in Florida and we definitely we not growing much outdoor back in the day. The state was quite a deterrence! It’s hard to exaggerate what the war on cannabis was like.

this here is a wild plant thc plant from xinjiang. notice the enormous round stem looks like a tree trunk. and the ridged and ruffled fanleaves which are waxy. these are the same type of plants kentucky breeders used to create roadkill skunk. with seeds they had left over and saved from their hemp seed contracts with the govt before prohibitoin of cannabis and hemp. as more info is gathered, seed crop lines from china and other east asian hemp areas are type I plants with very little cbd in some cases. its very likely that the lines grown for seed resulted in cultivars also primed for drug production. cannabinoids and terpenes are all designed to succesfuly reproduce so selecting or large seed sets over time in an enviorment will create new profiles.1665845543097.png

Do you have any evidence for the “skunk began in Kentucky” theory? That and the Bay Area come up as alternative origin stories a bit, but I’ve never seen any documentation pre-Watson.

That's a nice pull from a OG plant. Well done bro! 2 gallon pot, 4 week veg, how far are they spaced apart and how many times do you top her and how much does she stretch in bloom?

A friend of mine and I went halves in a pack of New Skunk and he popped a few this round, this was what he said about the two girls he got:

'Yeah mate fu$&@g rubber burnt shoes she’s got a fierce nose on her haha! It grew exactly like OGKB with the mottled pointy leaves, I’ll post her up once she comes down in about a week! The other is a taller sativa leaner that smells like banana lollies I’ll see how she smokes, managed to get a cut to root off of it after it was flipped'

As soon as I finish doing my NL#5 F2 seed run, I'll be popping mine too, along with the critical mass and nordle :)

In another, older thread near/at the top now, some very old accounts of skunk being Columbian, thai, and Afghan came up. Considering the closeness of Korea and Thailand it’s reasonable to think that perhaps the Korean ancestor was called Thai. That being said it’s possible to mistake individuals sativas as being other forms if they deviate from what we expect, as I’ve seen both Thai and Vietnamese plants “positively” identified as Columbian by actual experts who are actually skilled at ID.

Didn’t soma have a Korean skunk?

I’m honestly stoked by @easty ‘s account of the new skunk, hope we see more updates of the offering!

Hello triceratops,

I intended a micro grow since electricity became unaffordable. But I'll run them under hps anyway.

My SSH is almost ready and them U2 and The Cure are ready in a few weeks. I'll be running the seedplants of New Skunk next if all cuttings rooted succesfully. All are still standing up.

I'll be smoking them before Christmas and this was planned in an autistic manner lol.

Edit: oh one U2 may be starring with New Skunk as she is really taking her time.
I've heard of New skunk being referred to so many times and I'm very curious. The way it's been referred to it sounds like an actual strain not just a collective name for the newer hybrids containing skunk genetics. I'm confused because I can't find new skunk in the cannalogue and I haven't ever seen it on the auction site. So is it an actual strain and how do you get it. Is it only available for certain people in the community. PEACE peeps.

I've heard of New skunk being referred to so many times and I'm very curious. The way it's been referred to it sounds like an actual strain not just a collective name for the newer hybrids containing skunk genetics. I'm confused because I can't find new skunk in the cannalogue and I haven't ever seen it on the auction site. So is it an actual strain and how do you get it. Is it only available for certain people in the community. PEACE peeps.
I got them through the auctions, but she appears rarely.
Sadly I could not push them to the limit as my electricity is too expensive. But I will not let the genetics go lost and even cross them with my keepers.
When recession is fixed, I’ll try again and have at least already one female NS keeper.

I got them through the auctions, but she appears rarely.
Sadly I could not push them to the limit as my electricity is too expensive. But I will not let the genetics go lost and even cross them with my keepers.
When recession is fixed, I’ll try again and have at least already one female NS keeper.
Thank you for explaining that I really appreciate it. Can't wait for new skunk to appear on the auction site again.

That's a nice pull from a OG plant. Well done bro! 2 gallon pot, 4 week veg, how far are they spaced apart and how many times do you top her and how much does she stretch in bloom?
I run 9 in a 5x5 tent with 2 layers of trellis i top once around a foot tall and train through the netting. Tk has a decent stretch two her I normally flip at 30-32” and she finishes between 56-60”. I have most of the kush cuts OG, Tahoe, Mandelbrot, sr71 and TK and in my opinion TK is the best. Serious appetite increase that’s one way to know if you have the real cut of TK and not the fake. You will devour food lol

Back