New Skunk reviews

Thanks for the shout out and compliments!

I was just randomly checking this thread out and was thinking I need to ask if anyone else has found skunk in Shark Shock. I definitely have a couple skunky girls. I do think the “hint of skunk” wasn’t a very accurate description of just how skunky she actually is. After all it did take me a while to
figure out if it was intense fuel or skunk making my eyes squint after rubbing a sugar leaf. But who knows I could be interpreting it wrong. If only I had some elder Vets in the area to come be consultants..

I have started to worry that I’m going to one day stumble across some incredible church / piff / RKS pheno and not even know it before letting her die off. I feel like having no personal experience with any of the legendary strains is going to make it hard to know what I may have until it’s too late!! I’d hate to miss out on the opportunity to share such a special plant with the community (via cuts) even if it took some revegging. I need to find some local cannaisseurs asap!

TGTDE, I see in your profile you show to be from Canada. You guys have the North American skunk (pole cat) and skunk cabbage there also which both throw off the skunk smell that absolutely reeks so good. Some call it offensive, but it's 100% to a "T" the smell of the old skunk herb so many of us are asking about. When I was at the 2004 Tokers Bowl in Canada, I talked with numerous old timers that said the skunk I was looking for was still there but held tightly by Hell's Angels that operated there for years but no one wanted to subject themselves to this group and compromise themselves or their grow and risk being extorted. Unfortunately, over the course of 2 weeks I had zero luck tracking someone down with a reputable source that could lead me to it, even with offering a butt load of cash to get the deal done, the skunk grail still evaded me.

@triceratops I know this isn't what you want to hear BUT (I hate that too) I've grown a whole lot of Critical Mass. Really a lot! It throws out some real stinkers. The kind that makes you sick to smell it. So much so that the air scrubbers could barely keep up with it. Rubbing the stems in veg made me sick. Glass jars couldn't contain the smell. I had to heat the jar slightly so that it would cool and seal in the smell. Awesome smell, great bag appeal, onset of smoking would rip your head off then leave you burnt and smoldering on the couch.

Hi there! I like hearing any and all details in regards to really stinky plants showing up from the Mr. Nice lines, so please feel free to educate us on all your experiences and don't hold back giving your opinion. We are all adults here and can take constructive criticism or deal with things we don't necessarily agree with. I have never ordered the critical mass but I have a friend that ran through at least 1 pack but other than high yields, nothing really stood out in the line from the samples he brought us. How many seeds have you gone through to find the truly outstanding plants because his sample size was very small because of limited space, but I may need to add CM to the list along with Shit and devil in hopes of finding something that reeks through brick walls and laughs at carbon filtration.

The last time I can recall smelling a plant that reeked like skunk spray, was before we had carbon filters and my buddy was growing like a thousand watts ish of watts of hps, and the plant was tk. The same plant hasn’t smelled that way since the odor was building up indoors that time, but I smelled the skunk over a mile from the grow site, in a burb of Orlando, and the postal carrier knocked on the door to tell it it smelled like we had skunks growing in a room. Homie stopped stuff and changed things after that, he built a carbon filter based on his buddies advice and re-routes the hvac in the house and added ozone… and since then it’s smelled more like tk does now

EDIT - TK was made when a HK seed bought from n at the castle produced pollen in a commercial grow. The seed bearer wasn’t known to the grower, but the relation of chemdog and tk seems pretty real and I suspect they are half siblings, and perhaps the seed bearer was dog bud.

Last edited:
The last time I can recall smelling a plant that reeked like skunk spray, was before we had carbon filters and my buddy was growing like a thousand watts ish of watts of hps, and the plant was tk. The same plant hasn’t smelled that way since the odor was building up indoors that time, but I smelled the skunk over a mile from the grow site, in a burb of Orlando, and the postal carrier knocked on the door to tell it it smelled like we had skunks growing in a room. Homie stopped stuff and changed things after that, he built a carbon filter based on his buddies advice and re-routes the hvac in the house and added ozone… and since then it’s smelled more like tk does now

EDIT - TK was made when a HK seed bought from n at the castle produced pollen in a commercial grow. The seed bearer wasn’t known to the grower, but the relation of chemdog and tk seems pretty real and I suspect they are half siblings, and perhaps the seed bearer was dog bud.

I am going to have to give the TK cut a spin and see what she is all about. Been offered her from a close friend who has nothing but words of praise about this cut, but never pulled the trigger to give her a spin in the garden to see just how she stacks up. The yields on the few OG plants I have grown are painfully low and frustrating and I never liked consuming them as much as I prefer the chemdog lines. With the smell changing over time, I wonder if running through TK S1 seeds from Nspecta and looking through them if the same skunk odor can be found again for old times sake. Anyone you know went through TK s1's and found anything that was superior to the original?

I am going to have to give the TK cut a spin and see what she is all about. Been offered her from a close friend who has nothing but words of praise about this cut, but never pulled the trigger to give her a spin in the garden to see just how she stacks up. The yields on the few OG plants I have grown are painfully low and frustrating and I never liked consuming them as much as I prefer the chemdog lines. With the smell changing over time, I wonder if running through TK S1 seeds from Nspecta and looking through them if the same skunk odor can be found again for old times sake. Anyone you know went through TK s1's and found anything that was superior to the original?
IME TK cannot produce pollen although her sister and children can, and there are cuts that aren’t the same out there.

I have also seen tk crossed as a seed bearer and while lots of very good plants have been made so famously and tk improved every line I’ve seen her touch, I’ve never seen anything produced from tk be half as good as tk.

I might as well stay home, remain safe and germ that New Skunk.
Got my SSH keeper, got space again. Going on holiday is to sacrifice as I trust no-one else to water my plants. I’m a slave to our mother virgin. ^^
So you might get a growlog of that New Skunk pretty soon. In any circumstances: it will be the first new seeds I germ.

I might as well stay home, remain safe and germ that New Skunk.
Got my SSH keeper, got space again. Going on holiday is to sacrifice as I trust no-one else to water my plants. I’m a slave to our mother virgin. ^^
So you might get a growlog of that New Skunk pretty soon. In any circumstances: it will be the first new seeds I germ.

Ready and waiting for some good feedback my friend and good luck on the hunt, I wish you well and look forward to reading some New Skunk reports from a well known member. You and both have the trust no-one else to take care of the plants issue, so I can relate to this very well. It's an obvious character flaw I suffer from, but after doing this for 25+ years, it's super difficult for me to take my hands off the steering wheel and let someone else get in the drivers seat with something I care so dearly about.

Ready and waiting for some good feedback my friend and good luck on the hunt, I wish you well and look forward to reading some New Skunk reports from a well known member. You and both have the trust no-one else to take care of the plants issue, so I can relate to this very well. It's an obvious character flaw I suffer from, but after doing this for 25+ years, it's super difficult for me to take my hands off the steering wheel and let someone else get in the drivers seat with something I care so dearly about.
Hearing you out I bet you would germ over 30 seeds, huh? :D
I’m gonna do it small though.

But you can contact sales and I am quite confident they’ll supply your needs. Me, I am just looking for a real quick stinker lol.

How to tell if it's the right odor for those who've never encountered the animal.

Hearing you out I bet you would germ over 30 seeds, huh? :D
I’m gonna do it small though.

But you can contact sales and I am quite confident they’ll supply your needs. Me, I am just looking for a real quick stinker lol.

I always order 10 packs from Shantibaba which equates to about 180 seeds. I usually start half of them in the beginning and save the other half in case something catastrophic were to happen along the way as I am not beyond reproach and mistakes can and do happen sometimes. This generally gives me approximately 40-50 females to look through and for the most part, I usually have 2 or 3 select females that make the runoff. After I smoke them, then I grow them out from a cutting, and make the decision on my favorite and cull the other 2. Sometimes, I will keep 2 of the best selections if 1 of them puts on substantially more weight than her sisters and use that selection for commercial purposes but I always keep the most flavorful plant for my own personal use. Right now I am running Mendocino Purp S1's I got and of the 49 seeds i started, there are 46 seeds that I just placed into bloom on Sunday, hopefully by the end of September or early October I would like to have the best phenotypes sorted out for the runoff. It will be Master Kush X Afghan Skunk, NL5 X Afghan or Nordle for my next seed exploration in the coming months, I just have to decide which is getting first at bat but I am leaning towards the MASK at the moment. I've had 10 packs of these three strains along with NL5 X Skunk and Nevils Skunk in the fridge since 2010 and I think it's time to do a germination test and see what comes of them. What to do, what to do? Tough decisions!

Whoa dude. :) I have been blessed so far sowing few seeds of each pack and still having most seeds in stock. For my NHM it only took one seed and she is the best encountered so far in over a decade of growing and 20+ years of smoking. This is the one for me. There may be even better phenotypes in the seeds, stil have to find out. With SSH it took about 10 seeds to find a sativa with the bud leaf ratio I was looking for. Still only smoked the fast pheno though and it has not been cured yet.

I was thinking on sowing 10 seeds of New Skunk and post a pic each week. No big plans and very small in size here, just looking to smoke some Skunk that is presented by this company.
Now with The Cure and U2 out of the growing space, I’ve got plenty of room. :) but plenty for me is 2 times 30cmx120cm

Whoa dude. :) I have been blessed so far sowing few seeds of each pack and still having most seeds in stock. For my NHM it only took one seed and she is the best encountered so far in over a decade of growing and 20+ years of smoking. This is the one for me. There may be even better phenotypes in the seeds, stil have to find out. With SSH it took about 10 seeds to find a sativa with the bud leaf ratio I was looking for. Still only smoked the fast pheno though and it has not been cured yet.

I was thinking on sowing 10 seeds of New Skunk and post a pic each week. No big plans and very small in size here, just looking to smoke some Skunk that is presented by this company.
Now with The Cure and U2 out of the growing space, I’ve got plenty of room. :) but plenty for me is 2 times 30cmx120cm

Congrats my friend on finding keepers in small seed lots! I have a couple of friends that also do small seed lot selections of multiple strains at once and have good luck finding outstanding phenotypes, unfortunately my experience is quite the opposite. I have had better luck using as much leverage as I can get and usually, but not always find strains that check all the boxes when looking through 50-100 different females over the course of a couple different grows. Simple probability and statistics and choosing a favorite from 100 different females usually gives better results than 10 and so on. If the search through the first 40-50 females doesn't find anything interesting or what I consider a perma keeper, I scrap the selection process of the remaining seeds, leave them in the fridge and move on to the next seed varietal. I guarantee you that Shantibaba's mother plants he breeds with are chosen from 1 thousand seeds or more. Not all at once mind you, but over the course of multiple grows and multiple rooms over several years of intense searches. I hope you start as many of those New Skunk seeds as you feel comfortable dealing with because I am very intrigued to see what your experience is with this line and the more ladies you have to choose from will let us know if the old skunk is making a comeback. I know there will be several of us with all eyes on you and wishing you well on the hunt. Best wishes!

Depending on the flowering time of The Cure and U2, we will be looking at New Skunk buds around december. I germed a few to star with G13 Skunk. I guess a weekend at the beach and woods will be our holiday then. Can’t kill off my precious ladies.
Not sure how a run over skunk would smell, but I read most pheno’s are uniform except a few standing out, so it won’t be real rocket sience. Maybe that special pheno is not even between my seeds. But a high yielding fast pheno with a unique skunk tone is what I am hunting for. I mean the kind of weed you don’t take on the bus or everyone just knows it’s on you... A good stinky weed.

Nope, I germed them all :) 8 have sprouted so far. Only 1 splitter.

Edit: The one that germed first will be given #1 and the splitter will be marked as S.

Absolutely Savage! Well done my friend. I am certain the route of germinating more than you are willing to do will be just the ticket. Old friend of mine told me once that to drag out the genes or phenotypes I was looking for, that would impress most everyone, required the commitment of sowing more seeds than you are willing to do. He was a great mentor of mine and I miss him so much since we have lost touch over the last 3 years. I use to get Christmas cards from him and the wife every year but that stopped back in 2019 and even though I wrote him back most recently to try and touch base with him and catch up on life, I fear he may have went over to the other side since I have not received a response back. Life is too short and I regret not taking more time and effort to cherish those special relationships we sometimes take for granted until they are gone.

Absolutely Savage! Well done my friend. I am certain the route of germinating more than you are willing to do will be just the ticket. Old friend of mine told me once that to drag out the genes or phenotypes I was looking for, that would impress most everyone, required the commitment of sowing more seeds than you are willing to do. He was a great mentor of mine and I miss him so much since we have lost touch over the last 3 years. I use to get Christmas cards from him and the wife every year but that stopped back in 2019 and even though I wrote him back most recently to try and touch base with him and catch up on life, I fear he may have went over to the other side since I have not received a response back. Life is too short and I regret not taking more time and effort to cherish those special relationships we sometimes take for granted until they are gone.

Yeah I thought it would be wise to use my space wise and give you a show. Remember we are going into winter and I do not heat my space and run on 400 watt hps. So it will not be the biggest show, but I will give them all my love and all the space they need.

The splitter has already killed off the twin and is a single plant now. 2 seeds that did not germ, I may have lost one seed myself while sowing. I planted those 2 ungermed seeds anyway to give them their time. Space is gonna be crowded :D

How long are you planning on vegging or is there a specific height you like to get them to before you decide to bloom them out? I assume you are either doing a shorter veg time and blooming them out early or vegging to a predetermined height and just butchering them back hard and thinning out. Inquiring minds are dying to know. If the 2 that haven't cracked do not start and if you lose the one that you mentioned above, is that still 15 seeds available until the males and females are identified? Are you planning on keeping any of the males or is it strictly the ladies getting your undivided attention? When will it start beginning to get cold there? Keep up the good work my friend as all eyes are pasted on you and your results. Peace and good grows, Tric

We’ll be looking at a veg of 9 weeks to 11 weeks. Depending on The Cure and U2 which are only starting to flower. I will kill males, keep best ladies. Seeds and me = epic fail :s. I will probably not top them as they are so many, but it might happen. We will see how they go. Growth is 15/9, today lots of wind and sun, so they are trained hard from early on.

We’ve got 15 seedlings standing up, getting trained for the cold with wind and organic nutrients. Cold will start at october. But it drops below 15°c in november and december.

Back