Nev's Mango Female Selection: Medical Grow

thefoetus

Hello again everybody,

While the 5Hz is curing, we are excited to begin our selection of Nev's Mango :D
The seeds are breathtakingly beautiful; certainly the most attractive I've seen. They have a powerful, magical aura about them.

SEED2.jpg

I used to love the seeds with heavy mottling or stripes. It looked almost like a warning.
N.

Last edited:
I wanted to let you know, thefoetus, that I'm glad you are running NHM and I'm excited to see the results. I'm sure you've read the grow reports and it seems to me that this strain, more than most in the MNS stable, really begs for a decent number of plants for pheno hunting to find the really good stuff. I know you'll find some great plants from this run.

Looking forward to the show.

Those are beautiful seeds
Indeed, thank you Shantibaba. We have high hopes for them!

Like!

putting a chair here. Never grown her, interesting variety!
We'll do our best to keep a good diary :) Any suggestions welcome.

I wanted to let you know, thefoetus, that I'm glad you are running NHM and I'm excited to see the results. I'm sure you've read the grow reports and it seems to me that this strain, more than most in the MNS stable, really begs for a decent number of plants for pheno hunting to find the really good stuff. I know you'll find some great plants from this run.

Looking forward to the show.
Thanks Marcus. I not sure why the Nev Mango is so alluring, but we were profoundly drawn to her. We are following your Nev Crosses journal :) I didn't see many complete Nev Mango grows start to finish so yours may be the first.
We are hoping for a broad pheno range... Seems like a winning combo :D

We'll be watching your female Nev Mango in the mean time. Do you have any thoughts on when you'll harvest her? Will you be waiting for amber trichomes?

Last edited:
Hey thefotus,

I have these beans but haven't grown them yet, a cleaning pack actually so lots of seed but the reason I bought them and in the cleaning pack was because of something nevil said. He said if he was going to do a haze ibl, he'd start with this variety.

Good luck!
T

Hey thefotus,

I have these beans but haven't grown them yet, a cleaning pack actually so lots of seed but the reason I bought them and in the cleaning pack was because of something nevil said. He said if he was going to do a haze ibl, he'd start with this variety.

Good luck!
T

Thanks TopHeavy! Great to see you here. Pretty please point towards the quote? :)

Peace
TF

good luck foetus. nevilshaze mango is a golden beauty and excellent herb.

Quote:
personal projects in the Neville's mango line
This is the line I'd be choosing for further linebreeding to HzA and HzC.
N.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/74067-post755.html

Thank you, CannaFish, and appreciate the citation.

I know she will produce something wonderful. Please tell me everything you know about this pairing :) Does any particular flower window hold the most promise?

Looks like cannafish found it. I think there might be another post about the subject too, not sure, too much searching for my time frame right now but I think everyone should read all his posts. Very enlightening.

I'll be following bro, good luck!
T

Plants look great, are you just looking for a keeper for some serious haze smoke or are you going to look for a male or two for seed making?

Almost to the exciting part!

Your seedlings are looking great. Disclaimer- mine didn't get the best grow. I only tried a couple of these so I really don't have anything helpful to say. They did flower longer than mangohaze. A few young mutant leaves and stems. kinda leafy. cured to a nice gold. Sweet hazey smoke. Good vibes. I remember it gave me a nice healthy feeling without being monged out.

I'm smoking CBG's colombians right now, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference btwn the 2.

Good luck on your selections.
Thanks CF. Quite intrigued, are we talking Colombia Mingobiche? I wonder what her pedigree is. I see the flower window is estimated at 16-24 weeks! Guessing the Nev mango will take 16 weeks or fewer; we shall see :)

Plants look great, are you just looking for a keeper for some serious haze smoke or are you going to look for a male or two for seed making?

Almost to the exciting part!

Hi Top Heavy, thanks for your comment. We're certainly looking for some serious haze smoke :) I am interested in keeping a male or two, although I know so little about male selection it'd be a stab in the dark. Any thoughts? Are there known, desirable, easily identifiable traits to select for in haze males?

I assume the Nev's Mango would make an interesting pairing with G13xHP. We we could also do that by selecting a resinous, male hash plant and pollinating a select Nev mango female?

Greetings thefoetus. Those plants look great in veg. They seem to be quite uniform in size and structure compared to mine. Here's a pic of my three NHM plants about 8 weeks after seed. The male was much larger than the other two. This grow is going to rock when those plans flower!

IMG_20180106_220654235_HDR.jpg

I'm no expert in selecting males, but from what I've read I think the main thing to look for would be resin production, particularly any that show resin or sticky stem rubs during veg. Watch them closely between 2-4 weeks and look for early, fast, heavy trichome development on the male flowers.

@CannaFish, interesting you should say that about the CBG Colombian plants being similar in effect to Neville's Haze Mango. I've been reading about Punto Rojo and would love to try some but it seems there was a narrow window of opportunity to get those seeds a few years ago that has since closed. Too bad, because I thought the whole goal was preservation. Which Colombian are you comparing NHM to?

Hey man, I would think the haze male would be better since it's a sire line. I think all the usual traits would go into selecting a male, there is a couple of pics around that could aid you, one is of the haze c male, the other is nl5A. I'll find them and add them to this post as a visual aid for your selection.

Not to say it wouldn't be a good cross the other way around but knowing the haze hybrids are based of off two males would lead me to go with the sire line.

5hzA

topheavy420-albums-old-vintage-pics-picture13113-98a234a12ce008bef0aeab16eba7747c92200ea6.jpg

Haze C male

kashrocks-albums-mns-_-gbt-picture4875-mns-haze-c-male-_2002-kashgari-1.jpg

Hi Top Heavy, thanks for your comment. We're certainly looking for some serious haze smoke :) I am interested in keeping a male or two, although I know so little about male selection it'd be a stab in the dark. Any thoughts? Are there known, desirable, easily identifiable traits to select for in haze males?

I assume the Nev's Mango would make an interesting pairing with G13xHP. We we could also do that by selecting a resinous, male hash plant and pollinating a select Nev mango female?

Last edited:
Hey man, I would think the haze male would be better since it's a sire line. I think all the usual traits would go into selecting a male, there is a couple of pics around that could aid you, one is of the haze c male, the other is nl5A. I'll find them and add them to this post as a visual aid for your selection.

Not to say it wouldn't be a good cross the other way around but knowing the haze hybrids are based of off two males would lead me to go with the sire line.

5hzA

topheavy420-albums-old-vintage-pics-picture13113-98a234a12ce008bef0aeab16eba7747c92200ea6.jpg

Haze C male

G `day TH

How are you identifying the NL #5 x Haze picture ?

How do you confirm which Haze is in the hybrid ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Greetings thefoetus. Those plants look great in veg. They seem to be quite uniform in size and structure compared to mine. Here's a pic of my three NHM plants about 8 weeks after seed. The male was much larger than the other two. This grow is going to rock when those plans flower!

IMG_20180106_220654235_HDR.jpg

I'm no expert in selecting males, but from what I've read I think the main thing to look for would be resin production, particularly any that show resin or sticky stem rubs during veg. Watch them closely between 2-4 weeks and look for early, fast, heavy trichome development on the male flowers.
Thanks for your input Marcus, and the kind words. They do seem healthy; I'll take some updated pics and post later :) We are getting close to the more exciting stage. Did you top your NHM fems?

If we do pollinate a female G13HP with a male NHM, or vice versa, how should we time the start of flowering i.e. should they both start bloom together?

5hzA

Haze C male

Hi TopHeavy, thank you for sharing :) Glad to hear your thoughts on this. I assume there are no known pics of the Haze A male? What are the usual traits one looks for when selecting a male? I will read Nevil's breeder thread, I keep meaning to. How can I use these pics to aid in selection?

Peace,

Phase 2 selection

Hello again everybody,

We are about halfway through phase 2 of our Nevil x Mango selection. The first run of 46 seeds produced a nice quantity of exotic bud :) It is being worked on, still, as I write. The bud is even nicer to smoke after a long cure of 3-6 months.

The plants range from sativa dominant, to (seemingly) pure sativa with no noticeable stonedness. The plants had a positive effect on creativity, energy, elevation of thought - the usual suspects.

We narrowed our pool down to 6 prospective keepers. They are about halfway through flower now, and I am very excited to try them. A couple of the girls are already frosty :)

Plant # 16
16_A.jpg

16_C.jpg

16_E.jpg

16_D.jpg

Plant #21
21_A.jpg

21_F.jpg

Plant #29
29_A.jpg

29_D.jpg

I don't think charlie garcia at cbg knows what the origins of mangobiche are. If you look at the phylos galaxy there is a far away distant location where lambsbread, thai, mangobiche and other colombians reside. Its opposite in the galaxy from Chemdogs and OGs. (i would think a mangobiche x chem would be a dope hybrid)

I was trying to say Nevils mango is a lot like a nice colombian, the PR x MB cross i made is decent and definitely on the far NLD spectrum.

https://phylos.bio/galaxy/variety/CRT-1119/david-watson/mangobiche-colombia

Got ya. This is pretty cool :)

Back