Neem oil as a root drench,does it help ?

Indi

Sometimes the internet isn't reliable on information.
Some say it's good for roots neem oil and some say just use it as a folar spray and that it'll clog up medium.

Anyone root feed neem oil?In rockwool,soil,coco,etc...?
I have some hydrophobic which I think means water soluble.

I'm taking preventive measures against pests,fungus,etc... basic plant health insurance.
Pests aren't a problem until you get them.
Like I said earlier there's so much marketing and incorrect information on the web.
I've read plants take up neem and it can improve health and growth.

I've also read bennies can help fight pests,fungus and other illnesses.

I got attacked by pests for the first time and I just know I don't want them again. I'm starting to view pests control just as important as a nutrient program.
I'm using azmax at the moment at 0.4% on both foliage and roots.
If neem oil is helpful I'd like to start using it vrs the other overpriced fancy label stuff.

Yeah I hear you. No, you don't need the fancy stuff and it's nice when things are humming along. I often believe that less is more and subscribe to the maxim, "if it ain't broke."
Where I have used neem differently and found it beneficial is in the form of cake. I believe it is a good source of slow release N and may improve immunity if ever so slightly. I've observed colonies.
If you create a microbe rich soil, most of these problems would be non-existent. In balance as it were. IME, adding a bunch of side supplements can cause plant and soil problems and sometimes lead to pest and fungal immunities and other FUBARs. KISS it. If you are insistent on implementing your program or actually have a need for a program I might suggest an OMRI approved fungicide. Use foliarly for airborne and root drench for root rot diseases. Used as a drench, these beneficials can even potentially improve the health of plant roots.
Neem is an effective part of anyone's IPM program and used alternately with other tools can be extremely effective in control, i.e. when used at appropriate strength and dosing intervals. That speaks to most things doesn't it? That's been my experience anyway brah. I hope it helps.
Oh, BTW you know Azamax is neem right? Part of it anyway. It's azadirachtin extracted from neem. In many ways you are paying for the extraction and along the way losing the benefit of all the other elements within neem. The trick is finding an affordable product that has enough neem in it ;)

Aloha
M

I'm working on a disease and pest prevention program.
I'm not sure what was the issue but I had gnats for sure and a scaly film going up main stalks.Scales were slimy and could be scraped off with fingernail.
I treated both folarly and root drench with a 0.4% mix of azmax and already the scales are gone and health is much better.
I have no idea what film was going up stalks but plants weren't taking up nutrients and just surviving more than growing.
I got some neem oil but since they reacted so good to azmax I'll continue with it just to see just how it works and it's effectiveness.
It's costly but if it works it's worth the extra cost to bring back my mothers that have a lot of time invested.
Neem cake I'm considering also and some eucalyptus oil on topping to drive away gnats.

Im not sure what was going on but stalks had a slimy scaling going up on them and I may have had more than one pest.
I sprayed them down good with azmax and used a stream on stalk.
They look so much better and it looks like in a week they should be ready for bloom.
I was tempted to use hydrogen peroxide but the azmax seems to be working and I didn't see any side effects at 0.4% dose.

I got a small bottle of Bonide Neem oil.Its been around since 62 so maybe it's a good product.Its 0.9% neem only.

Last edited:
Back